IGNORED

John Stones

Wenger has said today that he has no interest in signing Stones.

I really don't think people understand how good he is. If he gets in the euro team he will take the piss. Genuine world class players don't come along. Especially at centre half in the modern game who has what he has got? Over the last twenty years the obvious player is Ferdinand. Was he world class? Possibly. If he went abroad and did it I'd say definitely but he didn't. I think stones will have Bayern,Madrid,barca lined up. Pique last week naming him in his world eleven really made me think it's gonna happen. I know certain people criticise him for doing too much or looking lazy at times but that's because he knows how good he is. He tries things at 21, by the time he is 24 he will be the complete centre back.

I really don't think people understand how good he is. If he gets in the euro team he will take the piss. Genuine world class players don't come along. Especially at centre half in the modern game who has what he has got? Over the last twenty years the obvious player is Ferdinand. Was he world class? Possibly. If he went abroad and did it I'd say definitely but he didn't. I think stones will have Bayern,Madrid,barca lined up. Pique last week naming him in his world eleven really made me think it's gonna happen. I know certain people criticise him for doing too much or looking lazy at times but that's because he knows how good he is. He tries things at 21, by the time he is 24 he will be the complete centre back.

He's been learning Spanish also, so read into that what you will.

If he went to Barca it wouldn't hurt one bit. He's far too good for the likes of City, Chelsea and United and deserves better than all three.

He's been learning Spanish also, so read into that what you will.

If he went to Barca it wouldn't hurt one bit. He's far too good for the likes of City, Chelsea and United and deserves better than all three.

Totally agree that he should set his sights higher than the Sky 4 however wherever he goes it will still hurt

Totally agree that he should set his sights higher than the Sky 4 however wherever he goes it will still hurt

It'll be horrendous, but i'd have much more respect for him going to one of the biggest clubs in the world and proving himself, then doing a Rodwell or Sinclaire, going for money and wasting their talent.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/everton-fc-defender-john-stones-8852286

I don't think he learned his lesson at all from this above... 2 times in 2 games he has made a poor decision, first one poor, second one just stupid and displays cockiness and being too big for his boots not confidence

The first one against Stoke - he didn't have to slide in he could have ushered the player out, was a harsh penalty but he gave the ref a decision to make late in the game

Yesterday against spurs was pure daft. Twitter has been full of kids who are impressed..... I assume they like to do such things as cryff turns in their box on FIFA on xbox andf when they get tackled and the opponents scores they cancel the game....

His response to the crowd who rightly voiced their anxiety and disbelief to what he did so late in the game was arrogant to the extreme - I think he's off and he's not bothered.

Nearly every opposition manager will now be telling their forwards "try and tackle him and take a chance - don't worry about closing off the clearance go for the ball - you only need to get it once and its a certain goal". Forwards will relish the opportunity of making him look stupid. To me he was trying to make his youtube reel look good.

Ability and composure is one thing - to me he went too far yesterday.

I also liked Besic running up to him and pointing at him to tell him "well done for getting out of it but get your head on" or at least that's what it looked like to me.

You don't point your Di get in someone's face to say...your brilliant, Well done.

Future captain Besic.

I also liked Besic running up to him and pointing at him to tell him "well done for getting out of it but get your head on" or at least that's what it looked like to me.

You don't point your Di get in someone's face to say...your brilliant, Well done.

Future captain Besic.

I actually think Besic congratulated him, not sure if he corrected him in any way which disappointed me, hope i'm wrong and you are right. Besic looked brill - my MOTM

I almost lost my dinner from both ends, at the same time, when he was showboating.

It was quite telling to me - it told me a lot of things that I did not want to know.

1. He believes his hype

2. He isn't really that bothered about the club and disprespected the fans

3. We don't have any players that will issue a rollicking - imagine Rio doing that in front of Roy Keane?

4. Some fans fall in love with players and look no further than their admiration for them - they refuse to see any wrong.

5. Jamie Carragher is always right.

Edited by Hafnia

No problem with his arrogance, I wish we had more arrogance in our team. Maybe they would give each other an arse kicking when they mess things up.

Reading that Stones doesn't care or wants to go because he tried to play the ball in a dangerous area rather than just clearing it is madness. Hes done these things since day one. The only difference was he had the balls to tell the crowd to calm down for panicking, when he does mess up and the crowd are shouting all kinds of abuse at him he just takes it. Fair play to the lad as far as I'm concerned.

This is what they mean when they talk about potential. Stones has immense talent - at his age he needs to be surrounded/next to a senior player. He is a significantly better player with Jags in the team. He is not a leader yet, he cant be relied on to fill that role with Jags out and Mori next to him. When Jags returns Stones will step up again. Potential doesnt mean consistent results - the opposite in fact.

No problem with his arrogance, I wish we had more arrogance in our team. Maybe they would give each other an arse kicking when they mess things up.

Reading that Stones doesn't care or wants to go because he tried to play the ball in a dangerous area rather than just clearing it is madness. Hes done these things since day one. The only difference was he had the balls to tell the crowd to calm down for panicking, when he does mess up and the crowd are shouting all kinds of abuse at him he just takes it. Fair play to the lad as far as I'm concerned.

at 1-1? in the 90th minute? what was he actually thinking in terms of reward versus the risk??? its not like every long clearance goes to a spurs player - even if it did its not a guaranteed conceded goal conceded versus him getting tackled which pretty much would have been, he did 3 or 4 turns and the player was still on his tail a soft refereeing decision got him out of jail.

The crowd panicked because we haven't got a water tight defence and a solid keeper. To me it seems like he is trying too hard to "prove the hype" - a footballing centre half is someone who can bring the ball out and set up attacks etc - not someone who takes uneccessary risks.

What Stones did was unprofessional. No matter how good a player is, if he is under pressure from a forward inside his own six yard box he get's shut, pronto. That is being professional. Arsing about inside the six yard box, beating your opponent then beating him again for show, is what amateur's do on a Sunday morning.

How was it unprofessional? watch matches abroad players do it all the time, hoofing the ball away in hope is unprofessional the lad is confident in his ability, he didn't beat him and then think god that was fun ill beat him again Peter Beagrie style he didn't have an option the second time, some people are never happy...

Phil McNulty...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35218462

The sight of John Stones gesturing to Everton fans gathered at the Park End to calm down demonstrated the youngster's confidence. It came after a heart-stopping dribble in and out of his own six-yard area while pursued by Spurs attackers in the closing moments.

It may occasionally be his downfall, and he might have done better when Alli collected a raking long pass from Alderweireld, but here Everton and England have a defender containing the perfect profile for modern 21st century football.

Stones not only went into battle with England colleague Kane but he was also prepared to step in and bring the ball out of defence in both halves - there is never a hurried clearance when the option to find a team-mate is on.

He has missed the influence of injured Everton captain Phil Jagielka,although this is no slight on Argentine Ramiro Funes Mori who played well against Spurs, and this has been a testing period as Martinez's side have leaked badly in conceding 29 goals this season.

Martinez said: "I thought John and Ramiro delivered a strong partnership and our defensive intensity was much better because we have been conceding too many goals at home."

Stones showed the class and composure that makes him England's most coveted defender and why Chelsea were prepared to pay up to £38m in the summer - and his importance to Everton means he will be going nowhere in January.

The Euros will provide the perfect showcase, although no-one should assume Everton will be tempted into a sale any more next summer than they were this summer, and he should be a certain England starter in France.

Jagielka and Mori will form a water tight partnership I'm 100% sure if that. Jagielka will nurture him.

We don't need Stones. Let him go and live the fairytail. I've said from the start if the season the summer has turned him into a cocksure bellend. More evidence of that yesterday. Absolute disgrace the way he reacted yesterday... If that was Mirallas there'd be a much bigger thing made of it.

Let him go... This window if possible.

Edited by MC11

How was it unprofessional? watch matches abroad players do it all the time, hoofing the ball away in hope is unprofessional the lad is confident in his ability, he didn't beat him and then think god that was fun ill beat him again Peter Beagrie style he didn't have an option the second time, some people are never happy...

What would the posts be on here if he'd lost the ball and they'd scored the winner in the 90th minute? He got away with it, but he may not next time. That's why its unprofessional. He's a defender and his prime responsibility is to stop the opposition scoring, that means eliminating or minimising risk. Dribbling in your own six yard box does neither.

Call me old fashioned but I would prefer to keep our best young players and build a team around them

I would - but when the young players start behaving in a manner that you wouldn't expect the experienced likes of a Kevin Ratcliffe, Dave Watson, Davie Weir, Alan Stubbs, or Phil Jagielka to do at their formative years then it poses a bigger question - are they too big for their boots???

I have to say as much as I have enjoyed some of Stones rolls royce performances there is something seriously wrong with his attitude. The way he makes mistakes and points the finger elsewhere and plays as if he's above criticsim is bothering me.