IGNORED

John Stones

We've just signed one of the countries hottest young prospects for 5 1/2 years, so try to concentrate on the positives of that and the disappointment will diminish. The lad might just be another gem for us, and I hope the fans make him feel special when he is unveiled.

It would be easy to scrutinise our window, but it wouldn't do any good. We can all moan at the end of the season if we need to, but staying positive is probably what everybody needs most if we're to challenge.

There are far too many snotty nosed 14 year olds on the Internet moaning and groaning on other forums, so I'm going to keep a stiff upper lip for now, and hope we haven't been distracted by too much expectancy.

Go get em Stonesy.

Yes Avin, good. We need to keep things in perspective, but the fact remains. We almost signed Leroy Fer, a great box to box midfielder. We almost signed him for just over 8 mil. He was exactly what we needed. We didnt go through with it, due to the medical. Im not saying that was wrong, Everton cant gamble with this kind of money. It was probably the correct thing to do.

What did we get instead? A really good prospect for the future in a position that we need to fill now due to injuries. Will Moyes play him? Probably not. We wont get to see him play this season.

We are chasing fourth spot (who thought that was possible in the summer?) and we needed someone that could make a difference right now. We had enough money (8 mil) to do it (Odjidja or other players in that price range) but we didnt.

On a positive note, we kept Felli and Baines. We are still in 5th, 1 point behind 4th. We can still do it but we need to stay clear of injuries.

We need Coleman, Mirallas, Gibson fit. We need to get Jelavic back in form. We need Osman and Pienaar to wake up. (good signs in the last game)

If these things happen we will still be able to challenge for 4th, but we wont get to se Stones this season. (I might be wrong but I dont think so)

Better late than never....

1,Let's hope he doesn't give away any stone wall penalties.

2,In Barnsley, his families only a stones throw away.

3, lets hope he helps us to keep it 'stalac-tight' at the back.

4, He 'stalac-might' be a great centre back one day

5, we might need to change our rock formation to suit him

And relax :)

Better late than never....

1,Let's hope he doesn't give away any stone wall penalties.

2,In Barnsley, his families only a stones throw away.

3, lets hope he helps us to keep it 'stalac-tight' at the back.

4, He 'stalac-might' be a great centre back one day

5, we might need to change our rock formation to suit him

And relax smile.png

I'll admit I wasnt bouldered over with excitement by the news, but at least all hopes of signing someone werent pebble-dashed...

In the end all we managed to bring in was a player I previously never heard of, and missed out on one or two captures that could have been much more exciting. Disappointed to have let Negredo slip through the net, but Seville were asking too much. Maybe I'm not too effected by the Fey miss, what with the injury concerns. All the talk and rumors of spending big, and in the end all we depart with is half a million pounds and some kid from the Championship League, who just doesn't get any pulses racing. Disappointing transfer day.