IGNORED

John Stones

I quite like that as well. I think Vellios and Garbutt definitely ought to go on loan, and either Stones or Duffy as well. Who knows, while Duffy probably needs a loan for the sake of reenergizing his career and finally getting first team football, a run of Championship football could potentially get John Stones Premiership ready rather quickly.

We'll be out by that time but I take this opportunity to wish Southgate well with his team endeavors. The junior squad doesn't irritate or make as angry as the senior set-up, so if they get a success, you can live with that. I hope Stones has a good game, and maybe one day he can participate at senior level and be part of a decent team selection when the time arises.

Surprised George Green isn't mentioned.

He will be another "Chelsea and Man City bidding £20m for Everton starlet" probably not long after he's had a sub appearance and megged 3 players on the way to a solo goal.

We aren't allowed to keep talented players according to the press.

• 2 months later...

How do others think this has panned out so far? For me seeing only his cameo against the shite he looked totally out of his depth.

Really out of the loop down under as far as newspaper and TV comments go, so we get to rely on forums like this to get the gossip on what's happening. Plays for the England U-21's etc I know, but he's been a bencher for how many Everton games this season? And was the cameo his first Prem game?

Am I unfair in my original 'out of his depth' comment or is there more there?

How do others think this has panned out so far? For me seeing only his cameo against the shite he looked totally out of his depth.

Really out of the loop down under as far as newspaper and TV comments go, so we get to rely on forums like this to get the gossip on what's happening. Plays for the England U-21's etc I know, but he's been a bencher for how many Everton games this season? And was the cameo his first Prem game?

Am I unfair in my original 'out of his depth' comment or is there more there?

Not seen him much for Everton because i don't think hes played much. Forgot you lot played liverpool on Saturday so missed him then but for the u21's hes coming a long nicely.

Really good to see him play centre back and right back for them. He looks to have played really well for u21's at Right back and had a really good game against Scotland. Played centre back for England in last 2 or so games but they haven't had much to do.

Really hope he does well.

I really wouldnt use that to gage his progression.

he has had a number of appreances for us and i have to be honest, he looks a very good technical and comfortable player. Hes has the makings to be an excellent defender who can actually play with the ball. I have also watched him for the U21's a few times and again he looks solid.

I would have patience with him as i think it wont be long before you see much more of him.

Reminds me of Jack Rodwell so much.

• 1 month later...

The lad looks like the real deal and seems a really nice lad with it. We've got four top centre backs and if a nucleus of a really good young squad. Hopefully with the addition in the next twelve months of a couple of young strikers a winger or two and another midfielder people will be thinking we are genuine contenders

Good to see him playing. Good to see he got MOTM against QPR.

Played against Stoke which for a centre backs got to be one of the toughest tests going and i heard he did well.

Just enjoy him Toffees, he'll be at one of the big clubs in a couple of years and you will have made a great profit from a player that cost 3 million pound.

Played against Stoke which for a centre backs got to be one of the toughest tests going and i heard he did well.

Just enjoy him Toffees, he'll be at one of the big clubs in a couple of years and you will have made a great profit from a player that cost 3 million pound.

hes already at one of the big clubs, we'll enjoy him for the next 10-15 years if that's ok ;)

He was very sturdy against Stoke, like he had played for years at the highest level

He is already at one of the big clubs

I'll never forget a teenage John Stones stepping up to the penalty spot in his first ever Everton match, chipping Fucking Gianluigi Buffon so convincingly that Buffon yelled and chased him around the pitch while Stones was walking around like a giddy idiot. Classic moment.

EDIT: It was Storari. Guess I will forget :D

Edited by thoward18

He's just gonna ply his trade at the school of science, join the likes of Barkley, McCarthy, Coleman, and a few of the other youngsters we've got coming through and make a charge at top 4 - title contenders... If that's big enough for now? At a club that's the 4th most successful in England.