IGNORED

John Stones

I wasn't trying to knock Everton at all but I think he could be truly a top player and maybe follow your former manager to Manchester united or even join a Chelsea or Arsenal Tottnham or even your great rivals Liverpool.

Ha ha, need to be more subtle to be a wum on this site.

Add up the titles won by Chelsea, spurs, man city together, see if the exceed the number achieved by Everton.

I'll be honest I confuse Barnsley and Burnley, what's the difference? Not being thick or anything, it's just never intrigued me enough to find out.

• 1 month later...

Anybody ever seen a ball carrying centre back I.e someone who picks up the ball at the back and makes driving runs through the centre of the park?

The only time I've seen this was when I used to play as a teenager. There was a centre back who would pick the ball up at the back and make driving runs through the midfield. It was often very dangerous to the opposing team. That centre back went on to be picked up by Tranmere Rovers, he never made it pro but it was a fantastic attribute that isn't seen often. Obviously it can leave you open at the back but generally a midfield player would drop in to cover him.

I get a massive feeling that Stones may have this in his locker. Could be completely wrong mind.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Lol I was merely quoting you. Does the same rationale not apply this season?

How is it that finishing 6th last year was not an achievement as it was no more than you would expect with our squad and yet the squad has improved and suddenly 7th is an achievement ?

Yeh I don't think he's too far off but Jags is a must. Stones looks so slight in his build bit doesn't seem to affect him.

Jags all day long, Stones is one for the future and I'm happy enough for him to step in as cover when needed but at the moment he is nowhere near the level of Jagielka

This. Jagielka hasn't been bad. He's our captain and a great defender. No reason to drop him for Stones.

• 4 weeks later...