IGNORED

Ossie called up for England

marcopaulo

Tim Howard...

"This could be a blanket statement for the whole team but I don't think I've been more excited for a human being than I was for Ossie,"

"You're talking about one of the greatest guys to be around, a guy who's hard working and so deserving of that call-up."

"Fingers crossed he gets an England cap because there have been a heck of a lot less deserving guys down the years to get caps."

"He's just so fantastic and he's been a rock for this Club. I was delighted for him; so, so happy."

Hibbo...

"I'll definitely be watching and I'll be shouting at the telly at him as well! I've got to watch it and I'll be sending him a message."

"It's massive for him. It's a big, big honour and he's been brilliant for Everton Football Club season-in, season-out. It's a credit to him and his family that he has been selected and hopefully he'll play."

"I think Ossie shows that you should never give up,"

"He's been very patient with it. He perhaps hasn't had a cap before because there have been world class players in his position, but Ossie is up there with them."

"I've said it for a number of years now, he's one of the best midfielders that I've ever seen. Playing with him for that long as well has been unbelievable. He's different class."

Have the numbers been announced anywhere yet? Going to get Josh an England shirt with "Osman" on the backtongue.png.

I think it's a testimony to the lad that no-one has come out and questioned the selection. He has never had an physically athletic advantage, but he has tremendous balance, quick brain and quick feet. He does the job he's asked and doesn't question it - a managers dream. Had high hopes for him from the off, and only at times when he's played out of position or he's in a physical game does he go missing.

Wish him a great night - well deserved.

Just have to stand and applaud that last goal....stunning!

Ossie some great stuff second half, brilliant feet as ever, hope he keeps his place (but I have my doubts).....he even nicked the ball off Ibra's toes!

Baines was great....but the fact that I expected nothing less shows how good he is now.

This sort of thing (Mirror in this case) is annoying the shit out of me...

Leon Osman Neat and tidy. Got better as his debut went along. But, at 31 years of age, it's hard to see Osman getting to the World Cup in two years' time. Rating: 7

Gerrard is older, but I see no journos saying...

"Hard to see him in Rio at his age...."

Surely if you're good enough you're young enough?

Lots of great comments about Osman on twitter tonight. Including a couple of great comments by Joey Barton.

Agree with him, Ossie was the best Englishman on the pitch.

Personally believe Baines would be next best. Also got a slight feeling of a reluctance from certain players to pass the ball to our players dry.png.