IGNORED

Reading

Kev627

Pity our Reading FC friend couldn't have been the author of this, but in any event, now it's done, and I wasn't even aware Royals had not won a game this season, I don't concentrate too much on other teams business' in my defense and mainly focus on what our own club are doing, but this will be anything but straight forward.

Unbeaten in six games, but five of them have been draws, we've ridden our luck and been fortunate in equal measure, and I expect that to continue for the trip to Berkshire at the weekend. The Majdeski (?) stadium (I never can spell that damn arena) will be a tricky test and our players will have to work for a victory. Heart says a win, but the head isn't quite so adamant. I think all said, it'll be a tough game and they're no pushovers at their own stadium but I feel we can just about sneak this. Having another pointless and trivial international game with players involved a few days before the event, really wasn't necessary or beneficial. But the time will soon pass.

Reading 2 Everton 3

I have got a bad feeling about this game. We will go into the game thinking oh Reading haven't won a game yet this will be easy. We will underestimate them and there at home and will have to attack us. I reckon it will be 2-2. Games which we should be winning we aren't. Take the QPR game for instance we made them look like Barcelona at times.

This is a game where we should be able to bully them but we just have to make sure we want it as much as they do. Im sure they will give us a good game and if we give them a sniff then Im sure they will start fancying their chances but if we can start well, dominate the ball and get Fellaini on the ball in good positions then we should prove too much for them.

They might look headed straight back to the championship, but that's where they were when they knocked us out of the FA cup not long back. Don' think they'll make it easy. Could very closely resemble the Sunderland game, and if we don't find the net fairly early I wouldn't be surprised to see the same formation we ended with against Sunderland used for a longer stretch. If Gibson still isn't fit I'd be tempted to start that way as it seems to give both Fellaini and Jelavic more space and we shouldn't be too hard pressed to keep possession against Reading.

With Oviedo on the other side of the world for a late international it's got to be Naismith in for Mirallas, let's hope he can find his passing boots, because we won't have many options to replace him. If he doesn't want to take on his man down the line, well then Coleman can do the bombing and Nais can jink inside, don't see why they shouldn't complement each other quite well.

Pienaar and Baines back together on the left should be able to work their partnership. Reading appear fond of whipping in crosses and in Pogrbnyak and the two CBs they've a few decent targets, might be worth bringing Distin back in.

----------Howard--------------

Coleman-Jags-Distin-Baines

Nais--Osman-Pienaar

----------Felli--------

Vellios Jelly

Won't predict us keeping a clean sheet again until we actually do. 3-1 Jelly needs to be on the score sheet again, as a sustained run of goals from him might well make the difference this season.

Redding is ready for the picking - on paper they are ready to be eaten - as usual only the ref , the woodwork and mrs bad luck stands in our way of getting a much needed 3 points to keep ahead of the chasing pack - agree Felli in the middle , Velios behind Jelavic and Oviedo in place of Neville - Pienaar on the left - and for the sake of all Everton supporters we crave an EVERTON OPENING GOAL !!!! pretty please - and we are not easily pleased - an EVERTON CLEAN SHEET is also overdue - thanks in advance

First choice Royals goalkeeper is already out along with two significant midfield players and another is rated very doubtful for tomorrows fixture.

We have only been beaten once in all of the last twenty league games (West Bromwich Albion) and I think tomorrow will be tricky as they are no pushovers at home and are fighting an early relegation battle, but we can strengthen on a top four place with another win after last weekend.

I think we will win as before, but only by the one goal difference in final score. It won't be a runaway victory.

Federici has played a few games this season for Reading so I don't think it's too much of a bonus that they're goalkeeper is out injured. For me we will win regardless, Reading are a piss poor side and like we showed against Sunderland we have the players to be able to play badly and still win, Reading will give us space, chances and above all will defend piss poorly and will no doubt give us plenty of chances to score.

Reading 0 Everton 3 (Got a feeling Jelavic might be on form tomorrow).