IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

Moysie is in his last six months and for one minute i dont think he will go but if AVB gets sacked maybe Moyes might want to take a gamble? If he does who would be the likely candidates to replace him or who be your choices?

I cant see us going for a journey man thats been round the houses, i think we would go for an up and coming manager that wants to crack on. Domestically i like Malky McKay at Cardiff, Di Canio would be interesting or Solskjaer? Or do we go leftfield and promote inhouse? Davey Weir with alan irvine or the ledge Big Dunc? All a risk i guess but better than the usual Curbishley,Redknapp shite

I didn't even notice this until glanced at 'recent topics'

Moyes only signed an extension in the not too distant past, wasn't it for another five years, so I'm guessing the Scot has longer than six months remaining on his contract ?

I don't think Villa Boas will go, he was only installed this calendar year, and Spurs have done well thus far, and I don't think Moyes would even go there, of all destinations.

Suppose for arguments sake, Moyes is fired, resigns, whatever, then it has to be an actual proven bona fide manager that has years of experience, not some fucking Mark Hughes type, who was a great player, but out of depth at managerial level. It has to be an actual managerial name, not some recent ex player. I'd like to see O Neill here, always have done, I feel he's wasted at Sunderland. His record speaks for itself and is a proven winner.

I think the time to argue all this, is when Moyes actually does leave, by hook or by crook, but for now, it's who is in charge of the club and that is Moyes himself, and I can't see him leaving any time soon. Not within six months certainly.

This must be the 63476 thread on this board about Moyes leaving. It's as if they pop up every month when something goes wrong, if Moyes left I'd shit myself, simple as, there is nobody out there that could do a better job (that we could realistically employ) and at the same time I don't think Moyes wants to leave so this subject is one which dosen't really need to be discussed.

I was participating in other threads at time of initial submission and only saw it by chance after a previous response on another topic

This is different to 'Moyes out' as in, it's 'What if Moyes leaves', there is quite a difference. The author didn't even want Moyes to depart.

These kind of threads invariably arise after a significant defeat, or after a setback or outrage.

It won't be the first, and it won't be the last this season

I don't think Moyes really doesn't want to go, which is a pity sometimes, and Kenwright won't fire him, so it looks like we may be in company with him for some time to come.

Yes, there will be stability, league impressions, no fear of relegation, but if it's tangible trophies you are after, then someone's going to be disappointed so long as the Scot is in charge. It's all about opinions, what's the point of pages like these if we were all to agree. I merely think that Moyes has had his time here, over a decade in charge, and really can do no more except offer stability. It sounds like another duplicate thread but it's something I can't look beyond.

Close it if you wish, but I believe that's the bottom line of the issue.

This must be the 63476 thread on this board about Moyes leaving. It's as if they pop up every month when something goes wrong, if Moyes left I'd shit myself, simple as, there is nobody out there that could do a better job (that we could realistically employ) and at the same time I don't think Moyes wants to leave so this subject is one which dosen't really need to be discussed.

This is just a stupid thing to say, it drives me mad hearing this all the time, how do you know what another manager would do in charge? we have been stuck with the same one for 10 years, you would think we had actually won stuff under him. Edited by Simon

This must be the 63476 thread on this board about Moyes leaving. It's as if they pop up every month when something goes wrong,

The thread wasn't started because we lost or even because the poster wants Moyes to go. It was started because he's in the last few months of his contract. So the bee in your bonnet is completely irrelevant.

In that case who would you suggest? Most people who come out with statements like that don't have any alternatives to Moyes, they just want him to be replaced so that we can magically start winning trophies left right and centre.

i didn't say i wanted him replaced, i don't at the moment, but to say that no one else in the football world could do the job is just silly.

I know some on here think he's shit, but I would like Roberto Martinez. I think he's progressive, a great tactician and an amiable, intelligent guy who presents himself well.

Maybe, like Trev suggested, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. He seems to be turning heads in Norway and has been linked to a couple of PL jobs before which he's turned down.

I know some on here think he's shit, but I would like Roberto Martinez. I think he's progressive, a great tactician and an amiable, intelligent guy who presents himself well.

Maybe, like Trev suggested, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. He seems to be turning heads in Norway and has been linked to a couple of PL jobs before which he's turned down.

I think thats a very good shout actually. As you say, he is a great tactician, players like to play for him and he likes to play good football.

Not sure about OGS given the leagues he is doing it in, but he has a good pedigree I suppose.

Di Canio would be an interesting candidate. His teams play good football, are well organised and punch above their weight. He reminds me a bit of Mourinho but he still has plenty to prove with better players.

Overall though, I dont want Moyes to go mainly because of the team spirit he has built rather than anything else. I think he has built the best squad he has ever had and despite a couple of small things, I think he has the team playing the best football under his reign. We should be a few more points higher up in the league, but unlike previous seasons, I dont think they are because of his player selections & tactics.

I don't think its a case of player selecyion or tactics. I think its our inability to finish teams off. Unfortunately we are missing an impact player off the bench who teams think "shit" as he is warming up that can change a game and we need a balls out leader that can give a bollocking out.

moyes is a good manager no doubt, has made some really interesting and successful acquisitions since 2002 as manager, as well as some duds and disappointments (Johnson, Beattie for starters) but for all the good points, those one or two negatives will always be there and ultimately cost us dear in the long run. David lacks the ruthless aggression once again sometimes, loses it at the most critical moments, The fucking record's stuck ! etc etc, but I always seem to be too harsh on Moyes but I just get frustrated sometimes that every end of season there is no end product in way of a trophy won. 17 Years now without any trophy, and for a club of our size, not good enough, and there's no room for debate in that. Moyes is the manager, first and foremost, and he's had over a decade now to have delivered something, but we still await an actual trophy won with the Scot. End of story

moyes is a good manager no doubt, has made some really interesting and successful acquisitions since 2002 as manager, as well as some duds and disappointments (Johnson, Beattie for starters) but for all the good points, those one or two negatives will always be there and ultimately cost us dear in the long run. David lacks the ruthless aggression once again sometimes, loses it at the most critical moments, The fucking record's stuck ! etc etc, but I always seem to be too harsh on Moyes but I just get frustrated sometimes that every end of season there is no end product in way of a trophy won. 17 Years now without any trophy, and for a club of our size, not good enough, and there's no room for debate in that. Moyes is the manager, first and foremost, and he's had over a decade now to have delivered something, but we still await an actual trophy won with the Scot. End of story

I would disagree that AJ was a dud, he was exactly what we needed at the time and he did a good job for us

Sorry but both players were a major disappointment after we got them both from Crystal Palace and Southampton respectively. Johnson was a star striker at Selhurst Park and was instrumental in helping the South Londoners to the premier league in 2003/04 after it looked at one point, that relegation seemed more likely, but apart from one or two standout moments including that 3 - 0 win over the excellent shite at Goodison Park in 2006, Johnson never really came up to expectations, despite a very promising start. Overall, a disappointment for many. And Beattie, almost the very same, in that he was a great center forward at Southampton but once he arrived here never really hit it off despite, as with Johnson, some moments of recognition, that were few and far between. I think the most memorable time he experienced as an Everton player was when Moyes took the players off on a surprise trip to Florida during a season a few years ago after a notable victory. Bottom line is, both players, while impressive at their previous clubs, just couldn't make the mark at Everton.

Sorry but both players were a major disappointment after we got them both from Crystal Palace and Southampton respectively. Johnson was a star striker at Selhurst Park and was instrumental in helping the South Londoners to the premier league in 2003/04 after it looked at one point, that relegation seemed more likely, but apart from one or two standout moments including that 3 - 0 win over the excellent shite at Goodison Park in 2006, Johnson never really came up to expectations, despite a very promising start. Overall, a disappointment for many. And Beattie, almost the very same, in that he was a great center forward at Southampton but once he arrived here never really hit it off despite, as with Johnson, some moments of recognition, that were few and far between. I think the most memorable time he experienced as an Everton player was when Moyes took the players off on a surprise trip to Florida during a season a few years ago after a notable victory. Bottom line is, both players, while impressive at their previous clubs, just couldn't make the mark at Everton.

AJ did really well for us in his first season here. It was when he started playing further outwide and running too many channels that his game started to go down hill. After he got injured he lost that yard of pace and was never quite the same. He perhaps didnt do as well as he could have if you reflect over his whole time here BUT he certainly wasnt a disapointment!

Beattie was also started to go backwards. He was overweight and wasnt even starting games for Soton at the time we signed him I dont think. He certainly wasnt scoring many. Yet again though he gave us something we didnt have before he game and he scored some important goals and in the whole was a good signing.

AJ did really well for us in his first season here. It was when he started playing further outwide and running too many channels that his game started to go down hill. After he got injured he lost that yard of pace and was never quite the same. He perhaps didnt do as well as he could have if you reflect over his whole time here BUT he certainly wasnt a disapointment!

Beattie was also started to go backwards. He was overweight and wasnt even starting games for Soton at the time we signed him I dont think. He certainly wasnt scoring many. Yet again though he gave us something we didnt have before he game and he scored some important goals and in the whole was a good signing.

Spot on, Beattie was rotting away in Southamptons reserves when Moyes took a gamble on him, ok it didnt work but I dont remember many Evertonians complaining when we signed him

AJ ( who I might add we made a decent profit on ) became a regular member of the England squad under Moyes so I would hardly say he couldnt have done too badly. When you think that the majority of Johnsons goals in the Prem were from the penalty spot and he couldnt buy a pen for us then I dont think his record at Everton was too bad in comparison

I wish you'd keep repeating the time since we've won a trophy! For a start Moyes had nothing to do with 7 of those years so they don't come into it, Apart from that since he's been here the number of different teams who've won the 3 domestic trophies is not very high and apart from Birmingham and Middlesborough have been other so called 'big teams' who have spent considerably more money on their squads than he has had the chance to spend.

As for getting knocked out of cups by teams from lower divisions it happens to everyone, it may have happened to us a bit more than most but don't think its completely down to Moyes

Of course i'd like to see us win a trophy as I'm sure we all would, but I don't see that as the only way there's an end product come the end of the season. I think the clearly improving squad of the last 12 months as just as good a product!

Edited by Blue Oz

Spot on, Beattie was rotting away in Southamptons reserves when Moyes took a gamble on him, ok it didnt work but I dont remember many Evertonians complaining when we signed him

AJ ( who I might add we made a decent profit on ) became a regular member of the England squad under Moyes so I would hardly say he couldnt have done too badly. When you think that the majority of Johnsons goals in the Prem were from the penalty spot and he couldnt buy a pen for us then I dont think his record at Everton was too bad in comparison

On subject of AJ it's the Goodison 3-0 Derby on ESPN classics at 10:35pm - sky+ it - off to bed!

I thought AJ was a good player for us and was delighted when he signed... Beattie for £6m however, I wanted Ashton for £3m - but we still made the top 4 and he bagged a couple (literally) of important goals to help secure it!

I was quite excited when Beattie arrived, as I was aware of his exploits before, but not on such a grand scale with Johnson.

I think the six million we paid at the time was a fair sum for a player who had really advertised himself, and wasn't Johnson about £3,000,000 from Crystal Palace. But even that was a fair price for a player who had done well, albeit on a lesser stage.

In actual fact it appears it was eight and a half million we paid, I had no idea we paid that much for him, after having a quick look at a profile page. Overpriced for me, that was a shock and I didn't quite remember, OK he was a good prolific striker before, but £8.5 Million ? Seems a bit steep that's all, even Beattie was less than that at about six million I think, but not going to check.

Even after that derby game in 2006 when we beat the shite by three to nil, some immediate responses had some people likening Johnson to Hickson, Sharp or Lawton that day simply on the basis on one days endeavors. Bizarre.

Why do i get the feeling that you are trying to lecture everyone by googeling facts from the past that everyone remembers anyway by having lived it? We know where they came from. We know how they did. Btw I remember them both quite differently. As someone said, they both did ok. Perhaps not pound for pound, but ok.

People should be more concerned there isn't much to talk about rather than question nationalities, and furthermore there was no research involved apart from the Johnson transfer fee, I know a damn load of statistics from years past and often they just come out inadvertently, it's almost second nature.

We'll just agree to disagree that Beattie was a success, and Johnson, while not quite so bad, was never going to get into legends status. But in their defense, they looked quite decent acquisitions amongst some other purchases made the last decade.

Edited by Dalziel Kane

Di Matteo shown the door... You think Chelsea might make him an offer?

Zero chance of that happening. RDM was them taking a chance on a nobody to get them through until Guardiola is available. They won't do the same thing again, they'll go for someone who they think will guarantee to keep them up at the top, or near to, until the end of the season.

Zero chance of that happening. RDM was them taking a chance on a nobody to get them through until Guardiola is available. They won't do the same thing again, they'll go for someone who they think will guarantee to keep them up at the top, or near to, until the end of the season.

Probably their prefered option.