IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

I have never felt so secure as an everton fan with Moysey in charge... We can all spout as much as we like regarding what if's but the fact of the matter is if it is going to happen, it will happen and we all have to deal with it... Look at it this way, it is a double edges sord,,, Everyone is curious to think what we may acheive differently as a club if a fresh face came in with fresh ideas, but on the same hand is far to scared to look too deep into this as we all still have the scars of Walker, Smith era....

I think Moyes is a terrific manager for what he has done, but i dont think he will be going anywhere because if i was to work for a company on a terrific pay and all they ask for my acheivements is not to go, then i would be a happy man!

Salaries in soccer is far too much now, and that goes for Moyes also. Yes he's done a very good job for the most part, but six million pounds a year was it, seems too much. And then you have players on £200,000 a week. It's just far too much for any one individual to live on, and completely unnecessary. Doubtless Moyes could be paid £600,000 a year for his work and be proud of it, and still earn far more than the average man on the street. Salaries today are absurd and getting more out of hand each year.

But this was about Moyes staying or going, but salary issues were raised and there you go. I still can't see him leaving anytime soon, and why would he. But I'd like to see him win just that one trophy before he departs, and this season could finally be the time.

I dont begrudge him the dough but like alot of us have said he is top man at a club struggling for finance shouldnt he lead by example? £70 - 80 grand a week is a fuckin lot of money when we are missing out on top free transfers. Yeah i know im an idealist unsure.png ha ha

I dont begrudge him the dough but like alot of us have said he is top man at a club struggling for finance shouldnt he lead by example? £70 - 80 grand a week is a fuckin lot of money when we are missing out on top free transfers. Yeah i know im an idealist unsure.png ha ha

Possibly the reason why he hasn't signed it yet is to save the club a few bob.

I've been known on here not to be a rabid Moyes fan,though I admit that h'e changed this season for the better.....apart from subs at Cheltenham.

If, however he did fancy a tilt with Schalke we could do worse than look at Guus Hiddinck.

Proven ability with a great track record and good at man-management too.

I'm too tired/lazy to seek out what the current situation is as to whether he could become available......worth a crack IMO.

What say you???

He would be going to a team who are in the Champions League more often than not and who play for 61.000 people each Bundesliga game. I can see the appeal.

Celtic are in the Champions league every year without fail. They also win a host of domestic trophies every year, and just happen to have a stadium of 60,000+ too, not to mention his history with them.

Schalke haven't won the league since the 50's, so hardly world beating history.

Everton are on the verge of European football again, and that's competing in the best league in the world.

Celtic are in the Champions league every year without fail. They also win a host of domestic trophies every year, and just happen to have a stadium of 60,000+ too, not to mention his history with them.

Schalke haven't won the league since the 50's, so hardly world beating history.

Everton are on the verge of European football again, and that's competing in the best league in the world.

You can't be comparing the German league to the Scottish one, can you? German clubs are also the only financially healthy ones in all of Europe's top competitions, so any financial fair play rules in the future will be working in their favour as well.

You can't be comparing the German league to the Scottish one, can you? German clubs are also the only financially healthy ones in all of Europe's top competitions, so any financial fair play rules in the future will be working in their favour as well.

I was just pointing out that Champions league and big crowds are not a deal breaker.

who would you appoint if you could choose betweem Moyes and Dimatteo ?

Moyes every time, as although Di Matteo did well for an interim spell when they fired their last manager, he's not an actual managerial figure such as Pardew or Moyes himself or even Curbishley, and even the Idiots told him to leave after taking the club to the Champions League Final of all things. I'd hate to work under Ambramovich and the way he treats some below him and previous managers they have had who have done well and won things, and in the end, despite a slight decline in fortunes, the Russian decides it's not good enough and fires them. That is one pressure job for anyone who has it now.

I'm not the greatest fan of Moyes but as always, has made us stable and able to challenge once again and has around 12 years of managerial experience behind him, although of course still to win anything here. I wouldn't swap him with Matteo, not a chance.

who would you appoint if you could choose betweem Moyes and Dimatteo ?

I'd choose Moyes over 'anybody else'. Best young manager in the game by a mile. Lots of managers can win things with Porto, Chelsea, Madrid etc, but try doing it in the Premier League for 10 years with zilch money.

I'd choose Moyes over 'anybody else'. Best young manager in the game by a mile. Lots of managers can win things with Porto, Chelsea, Madrid etc, but try doing it in the Premier League for 10 years with zilch money.

Moysiah is just a nickname, he is replaceable. Trying to just brush over Mourinho's achievements is laughable, Moyes hasn't come close to what Mourinho achieved with Porto.

And don't you miss the old days when teams were just successful due to having a very good manager, home grown players and team ethic, and money invariably never came in to it, at least not like today with all these fucking oil tycoons and arabs making a mess of things. Sadly a thing of the past now, although Moyes has essentially done similar with the lack of resources at his disposal (although not actually won anything), but the bottom line is, it's nothing today how many will remember it

Gotta say if Shalke went for him id think he'd go. German league is amazing big crowds( did you know Bayern charge £15 quid for a standing spot?) amazing!! going off on a tangent but compare it to Arsenal V City this weekend where top ticket is £102 what the fook? Anyway back to the topic, think Laudrup,Solskjaer are top bets maybe Poyet?

Moysiah is just a nickname, he is replaceable. Trying to just brush over Mourinho's achievements is laughable, Moyes hasn't come close to what Mourinho achieved with Porto.

When Mourinho wins the Champions league with Wigan, I'll take note.

When Ferguson takes Preston North End to 18 Premier League titles I'll call him the best ever. These so called 'top managers' have all done it with the best sides, and the biggest bank rolling, and are participants within their own elite rich club competition. They are not necessarily better than the 'also ran' club managers.

When Mourinho wins the Champions league with Wigan, I'll take note.

When Ferguson takes Preston North End to 18 Premier League titles I'll call him the best ever. These so called 'top managers' have all done it with the best sides, and the biggest bank rolling, and are participants within their own elite rich club competition. They are not necessarily better than the 'also ran' club managers.

SAF made Man U the best side. They hadn't won the league for 20 years before he came and he won the title in more times in his residency than they had in their entire history before he started.

In the last 16 years Porto are the only team not from the top 4 leagues (Eng, Ger, Spain, Italy) to win the Champs League, an achievement that in my lifetime is only trumped by Greece winning the Euro's. The previous team before them was Ajax in 1995, probably the last year the European leagues were fairly competitive.

SAF made Man U the best side. They hadn't won the league for 20 years before he came and he won the title in more times in his residency than they had in their entire history before he started.

In the last 16 years Porto are the only team not from the top 4 leagues (Eng, Ger, Spain, Italy) to win the Champs League, an achievement that in my lifetime is only trumped by Greece winning the Euro's. The previous team before them was Ajax in 1995, probably the last year the European leagues were fairly competitive.

Didn't Benfica win the European cup?

Not since 1962.

Ah, in the last 16 years.

Unfortunately Mike, our lifetime incorporates many other winners ha ha.

Pete, I don't have a problem with Mourinho, but it isn't a level playing field in management, and therefore managers should not be compared to their peers, and certainly the work of David Moyes is in itself quite a feat.

I'm fairly sure Moyes would win the league if he was at the helm of United or Barcelona. I'm not so sure other managers could have done the work of Moyes though.

They beat Tottenham in the semi-finals to do it.

Won 3 - 1 in Lisbon before Tottenham won 2 - 1 in north london in the return, but it wasn't enough.

Spurs had two legitimate goals ruled out in the first leg, another two wrongly disallowed in the next game, and should have won about 10 - 1, but bad finishing, superlative goalkeeping and bad luck and a poor referee in the end saw that they missed out. If ever a club deserved to reach a final, it was that game. There was a torrential downpour that night also just for good measure.

(I was reading about that very game in the bath 30 minutes ago from Greaves' autobiography of all things) !