IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

Guest blueboy122

im sticking with Holloway, plays very attacking football and if he had had a defence at Blackpool, theyd still be doing well in the EPL.

To be honest, cant think who else is out there that Id have!

No chance not for me anyway, we would get picked apart every week!

Martin O Neill

Ok he's maybe been disappointing with Sunderland, but the man has done very well for the most part, and took an unfashionable Leicester City team to cup successes and regular finals in recent years. He's just a name I admire and think he could do a job here. Not saying he could actually be manager any day, but it's something I'd maybe be eager to see.

Pardew is another that has done well in the past and made an impression but the general consensus here is it's maybe not a name to even consider, but I have thought about it before.

That would be an absolute disaster if he was appointed absolutely awful manager and didnt Oniel walk out on Villa because they wouldnt continue backing him with silly money?

I'd want laudrop personally, you saw with Swansea that his knowledge of Spanish football could see us bag a few bargains as well as getting us playing a better brand of football to draw more crowds. I think haf mentioned the name in the other thread but I wouldn't mind Di matteo.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

I'd want laudrop personally, you saw with Swansea that his knowledge of Spanish football could see us bag a few bargains as well as getting us playing a better brand of football to draw more crowds. I think had mentioned the name in the other thread but I wouldn't mind Di matteo.

I hope Moyes doesn't go but if he did Laudrup would be my first candidate to replace him. I'd have DI Matteo too and I think that Everton are a club that he would manage, I'm sure that he would see it as a good opportunity and I think he would do well.

We need to pick a new manager carefully though because it could easily go tits up.

He's good because he always finds a way out of the relegation zone but you could argue that they should never be there in the first place. As I said before I don't think he would be at the top of my list to replace Moyes, he's just not good enough to take on a European aiming club IMO.

Laudrup , Di Matteo or Martinez or Steve Clark all have the experience to be a great successor if needs be -

my question is how certain is it that Moyes will make a success of managing a really big high flying club where the board and the fans are very demanding - not as forgiving as us Evertonians ?

The difference in wages justifies that. Wigan is a much tougher job than Everton.

So if we get Martinez in and put him on 75k a week or w/e Moyes is on.. Martinez would do the same job? Don't make me laugh!

Moyes had a lot less to work with when he first joined and gradually built us into what we are today. Martinez has been at Wigan for what? 5 years? And they are still scrapping at the bottom. I think what money he has got in from the sales of Moses and N'zogbia he hasn't reinvested very well at all.

I don't understand how people rate Martinez at all. He's involved in a relegation battle every year, how does that make a good manager?

Sometimes when assessing how good a manager is you have to look beyond just the results. Tactically astute, done well in the transfer market and he gets the most out of his players. Any manager that can make Gary Caldwell almost look like a Premiership defender is worth his weight in gold if you ask me! :)

Quite simply, he strikes me as a manager that would excel with a talented group of players. He doesnt have the resources at Wigan, and while he wont get that here, he will at least be able to attract players because of the stature of the club, because no-one wants to go to Wigan unless they really have to!

I personally dont really rate Di Matteo that highly. Tactically he is a bit wishy washy and whilst he wouldnt relegate us I dont think we would be any better. He also seems to give the players too much power!

So if we get Martinez in and put him on 75k a week or w/e Moyes is on.. Martinez would do the same job? Don't make me laugh!

Moyes had a lot less to work with when he first joined and gradually built us into what we are today. Martinez has been at Wigan for what? 5 years? And they are still scrapping at the bottom. I think what money he has got in from the sales of Moses and N'zogbia he hasn't reinvested very well at all.

I dont think he has seen much of that money and as I mentioned in my previous post it will be very hard to attract players to Wigan without offering ludicrous wages.

Wigan are a small club with little resources. Keeping them in the Premier League every year is an accomplishment in of itself. Martinez is a tactically intelligent manager who does a lot with less resources, and lesser players. Knows the transfer market well too. Besides, I DOUBT we'd put him on 75k a week.

Why do people want Laudrup ? Because he took them to a League Cup Final ?

What about the Bradford City manager who did an even better job with the same feat ? Shall we throw his name into the ring too ?

Laudrup was a great player with Denmark and I saw him play, but surely this is just a one season wonder. Not a name I'd even consider for the Everton job. Once again we need a manager who has years of experience and is well recognized, such as Curbishley, O Neill, Redknapp etc. I stand by those names, as they have done well, and they're men I respect in the game.

I meant the players wages, we pay double what Wigan do. I don't rate Martinez very highly, but he's done well to keep Wigan up. I doubt Moyes would be able to do any better.

i do not think any other manager will give Phill Neville one more game for Everton -

the fact that Moyes can't see that, is a very serious blemish on his judgement -

we are not playing our best 11 picked on merit - and we only have Mr Moyes to thank for that -

we are strugling to beat almost any team - especially against weak sides - it is the manager's job to sort that out -

beating weak opposition is certainly not one of Mr Moyes's strong points

What about the Bradford City manager who did an even better job with the same feat ? Shall we throw his name into the ring too ?

Laudrup was a great player with Denmark and I saw him play, but surely this is just a one season wonder. Not a name I'd even consider for the Everton job. Once again we need a manager who has years of experience and is well recognized, such as Curbishley, O Neill, Redknapp etc. I stand by those names, as they have done well, and they're men I respect in the game.

No. Because he has them playing a great brand of football and has shown with Chico and Michu that he has an eye for a bargain which lets face it, he is going to need if he were to manage us. All of the names you have suggested show how little you know about football other than who won the f.a cup in 1820. Curbishley? I'm not taking that consideration seriously. Redknapp? Never done anything when he's not had a £20m transfer budget swindled from an offshore account. O'neil similar to redknapp needs money to work with and he's a man who paid actual money for emile Heskey and John Carew...

I meant the players wages, we pay double what Wigan do. I don't rate Martinez very highly, but he's done well to keep Wigan up. I doubt Moyes would be able to do any better.

Because Moyes has built us up to be able to pay players those wages? I don't see your point there? I'm pretty sure Steve Watson and Co were on similar to what Wigan players are on now? How could Moyes not do better when he already has? Do you remember where we were when he took over?

This is making me sound like I think the sun shines out of Moyes' arse here, I don't I think now would actually be the best time for both the club and him to move on, but to compare Moyes to Martinez is laughable.

In order: Relegated how many times, spends loads of money that lead to nothing, dodgy thieving git.

Not one of those 3 should be even considered! I stick by Holloway and the more I think about it, Martinez makes sense.

In order: Relegated how many times, spends loads of money that lead to nothing, dodgy thieving git.

Not one of those 3 should be even considered! I stick by Holloway and the more I think about it, Martinez makes sense.

Was just going to agree that the more I think about holloway would be great for us. I feel like I'm living in an alternate universe when it comes to Martinez though, what has he done really? He beat a few big guns last year when fighting relegation for the 104783936th time and plays a decent brand of football. Yeah, sign him up...