IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Very sad watching him last night.

A opposition player just needs to stop - stand him and nudge it 10 yards to the left to get the space to cross it.

He looks so unbalanced. He doesn't look like he wants to cross the ball. 

It happens to the best of full backs... when they lose a yard of acceleration the become a risk. Seen it with Gary Neville and Ashley Cole.

26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I actually thought he did OK from where I was sat, but that was to the right in Lower Gwlad so I didn't really see a lot of him close up other than second half defending.

He did a lot of running and worked hard but the quality wasn’t there. I’ve been hoping that he’d improve but he seems to be stagnating unfortunately 

He definitely missed Walcott doing a lot of his work and giving him protection, I wouldn’t play Lookman again whilst Coleman is the way he is, there was a distinct lack of chemistry between them, and Lookman doesn’t want to do much of the dirty work and Coleman needs him to, most of Newcastle’s breaks were down there side. 

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

he was excellent tonight.  that run where the ball was kicked too hard and you thought it was going out and he hustled and beat his man and made it and crossed it in i thought summed it up for me.  the benching gave him a jolt he needed.  

Agreed, and despite Walcott being ahead of him. But...

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

That was as good as he has been for a long time, albeit he wasn't exactly tested!

This

23 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

he was excellent tonight.  that run where the ball was kicked too hard and you thought it was going out and he hustled and beat his man and made it and crossed it in i thought summed it up for me.  the benching gave him a jolt he needed.  

I agree with all of that apart from the last bit. I don’t think Seamus ever needs a jolt to make him try harder, effort is never in doubt for me, I just think he needed the rest. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He shouldn’t be that no matter what. We always leave it too late replacing players and fazing them out. It pisses me off. 

I can just see us dropping “developing Kenny for the future” as an excuse too. Worked out well for Garbutt like. 

• 4 weeks later...