IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

EVERTON have come out with a strong defence of Ireland full back Seamus Coleman after the Donegal player was subjected to anti-Irish abuse online by a small section of the club's support.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/target-of-hate-3300714.html

Anyone at the match hear this? suprised at this given Everton strong tradition with both Irish players and Irish fans.

I read about it, thought it was stupid and disgusting.

Didn't think our fans were like that personally, thought they had a bit more taste than that. Don't like to be associated with bellends like that,

Coleman was stupid with 'that' challenge, but i've seen every single one of our current crop make a stinker, Coleman making one doesn't warrant that level of abuse.

Ryan Bennett ‏@RyanBennett80

Would have been a great weekend if Seamus Coleman got hit by a car at a young age!

Neil Harrison ‏@NeilHarrison92

Seamus Coleman is complete and utter sh*te! #Gypo

Mark Waters ‏@markwaters84

after 3 days on meds I still have a seamus coleman style jaw

antony mahoney ‏@AntMahoneyEFC

Seamus Coleman really is beginning to prove the notion that the Irish are thick!

craig sage ‏@craigsage

Anybody who rates seamus coleman as a footballer need their head testing! #spaceman

Dean Arrowsmith ‏@pingudean

"@Aaron_Corrigan: Hope for Seamus Coleman never to wear an Everton shirt again lost us the points single handedly. #irish****" Dickhead

josh little ‏@joshlit5

Seamus Coleman is f**king monk can't defend for sh*t

Nov LeonOsman_Not ‏@LeonOsman_Not

#NobodyLikes Seamus Coleman, Irish twat thought he could cheer us up with an Irish jig.... ****

Wa77ace ‏@TW71112

Seamus Coleman should be axed. Been nothing but a liability since he came back. Wouldn't have this nonsense with Hibbo

Nov IAN WHAN ‏@whanie49

Seamus Coleman isnt the brightest #efc

Nov chris spencer ‏@spenthered

HAHAHA seamus coleman is the durtiest pikey gypo i ever seen #disismydawg

Nov Dave #DFAFD ‏@RaveDoe

"@Bentlegs: Can somebody teach Seamus Coleman how to defend please." Jamie Carragher?

Whilst the references to his nationality are uncalled for, a couple of them, ie the tweet about Tony Hibbert doing a better job are perfectly acceptable, no difference from us on this site saying gibbo does a better job than Neville etc. People are entitled to their opinions about how they feel a player is playing. Just not need for crass remarks about nationality, or wishing they were dead, that is uncalled for

can't be doing with such insults associated with nationality etc.

Thick yes - there is no doubt in my mind he ain't the sharpest tool in the box, it's a close call between him and Agbonlahor as to who has the face which says "I've got no idea what day it is". In fact either of them could stand in for Bill Murrays character in a remake of Caddyshack.

I think he's missed out on a lot of fundamental youth development to become a top defender - pity really as he has tremendous athletic attributes.

They're not all Everton supporters shaking%20fist.png

Got to love that

"HA HA HA Coleman is the durtiest pikey gypo I have ever seen. 'Dis is my dawg'"

Could someone please translate what the fuck that even meant ?

Ok, Coleman may come in for a bit of berating, but bringing his country of origin into it, was really all rather unneccesary. I don't think it's any real Irish distaste, just a number of Idiots having a say. If Coleman was Welsh, or Canadian or from Guatemala, something invariably may have been mentioned.

Plenty load of sorry assed people on those social network things with room temperature IQ's.

• 4 weeks later...

He's at worst a rotation option long-term. I like Pienaar but having Coleman on the overlaps has been crucial. He just needs to tighten up defensively. Twenty four is still pretty young for a defender so he still has a good 2-3 years to improve. Look how much Baines has blown up in the last few years.

Yeah I think Coleman's value to this team is becoming more and more apparent. I love Jags but he's pretty helpless with the ball at his feet in the offensive half of the field and he doesn't have great wheels. He certainly belongs in the center. Coleman's far from Philipp Lahm but he's a perfectly competent EPL fullback. I don't think we can justify taking him out even when Hibbo is healthy, no?

Yeah I think Coleman's value to this team is becoming more and more apparent. I love Jags but he's pretty helpless with the ball at his feet in the offensive half of the field and he doesn't have great wheels. He certainly belongs in the center. Coleman's far from Philipp Lahm but he's a perfectly competent EPL fullback. I don't think we can justify taking him out even when Hibbo is healthy, no?

I agree. He's development has been phenomenal this season. I can see him being one of the better right backs in the league in the next few years.