IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

after the spurs match i've begun to wonder if some of these "great players" we have who have dropped off are down to martinez. Look at Lamela. 30m euros was considered a massive bust after the bale money. villas boas just couldn't make him come good. in comes pochetino and he's starting every match, working his ass off pressing (not just a flair player anymore) and scoring and assisting goals. he's irreplaceable for them.

i wonder if a different manager would be able to get the old seamus back, and maybe transform some other players. just a thought.

after the spurs match i've begun to wonder if some of these "great players" we have who have dropped off are down to martinez. Look at Lamela. 30m euros was considered a massive bust after the bale money. villas boas just couldn't make him come good. in comes pochetino and he's starting every match, working his ass off pressing (not just a flair player anymore) and scoring and assisting goals. he's irreplaceable for them.

i wonder if a different manager would be able to get the old seamus back, and maybe transform some other players. just a thought.

Absolutely. Martinez ruins good players.

Seems harsh to single Seamus out, that article could be written about 6 or 7 of our current starting 11. But indicative of the malaise that has set in - if Coleman has lost his tenacity, his energy, his understanding with other players, then that is because the whole frigging team has. And you all know who I blame for that.

Ridiculously harsh article. He's far from our weak link. Not ultra consistent as he has been but ffs.

Does the echo fancy doing a piece on lukaku, barkley, mccarthy, baines, I could type something up for them on that lot based on the last few months alone.

Harsh to single out one player. the whole team bar one or two individuals have been poor for 2 seasons. Even the ones that have done fairly well have only done that in spells. I agree that Martinez seems to have made our best performers look very average.

It's just blatantly obvious the players don't want to play for Martinez. Not one player has come out in support of the manager, or indeed said they are responsible not Martinez. Baines said what everyone was thinking and got lambasted for it. Coleman just looks like he's not sure what his role is.

It's just blatantly obvious the players don't want to play for Martinez. Not one player has come out in support of the manager, or indeed said they are responsible not Martinez. Baines said what everyone was thinking and got lambasted for it. Coleman just looks like he's not sure what his role is.

Geri came out in support of the manager a few days ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Captained his country last night. Right time for him to take over the reigns for club too?

Second choice to Barry for me. Mori a future candidate.

Moyes used to try and buy captains, and before Jags we always had good leaders, it's about time we had a stronger one.

Captained his country last night. Right time for him to take over the reigns for club too?

I always saw him as quite a timid, reserved person. Not a natural leader in my eyes. I'd like to see Jags have it for another year or so and then go from there.