IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

man we are on the same wavelength recently. I agree. I've been a big critic of his, but honestly I don't see a lot of options better, and for the 343 wingback position he really is perfect there since he doesn't have to defend as much.

Great minds mate! That's what it is :lol:

Yeah the wing back role with Holgate behind him is certainly make him even better.

I also think he shows more fight than anyone on our team. Losing Coleman would be a huge loss. He's still relatively young too.

not to be contrarian but I thought the same till I looked him up, he's 28 now :o so not really young, more in the prime of his career it think. Especially for a speed guy like he is, that wont' last far into his 30's I dont' think.

not to be contrarian but I thought the same till I looked him up, he's 28 now :o so not really young, more in the prime of his career it think. Especially for a speed guy like he is, that wont' last far into his 30's I dont' think.

That is relatively young to me. I think he still has a good 4-5 years left in him. Baines is 32, and he definitely isn't the greatest at defending either. It's a great trait to have, but it's not as necessary for today's fulbacks.

Problem with Coleman is that he isn't recognised for his strengths.

When he wasn't roving forward, people were not recognising his use as the last man. The times he sprinted back to intercept a ball or make a tackle was a massive help when we were playing so defensively bad.

Coleman was called out as he couldn't get forward.

Without him I dread to think of what state we would be in.

Selling him would be a step backwards for us.

• 3 weeks later...

I was disappointed with him going forward today. Nowhere near his standards for me.

Defensively he was better than he has been of late but going forward he seems to make a habit of picking the wrong ball/pass far too regularly. I wouldn't have any other right back in the league mind you!

I agree Bailey. Only so hard on him due to his own usual high standards.

great defending and assisted the goal that won the match. not sure what else he has to do. not MOTM but he had a good day. I guess we see things differently. meanwhile Davies was anonymous all day had 1 good pass and a shot off the woodwork and people thought he did a great job. I digress.

He did well for the goal, but other than that he was clumsy going forward and his passing/crossing was poor.

The game is more than one moment, in one moment he did very well but in others he didn't meet the standard. It's not a case of seeing things differently, it seems like we have different expectations.

For the record I thought Davies was average at best, he worked hard but lots didn't go well for him either.

• 2 weeks later...