IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

I always saw him as quite a timid, reserved person. Not a natural leader in my eyes. I'd like to see Jags have it for another year or so and then go from there.

Really?! He's the only player I can here screaming through the TV! He's a mad man!

Maybe I am wrong, as I only see the TV games, but I noticed a change in Coleman early last season when he seemed to stop charging forward once he reached the half-way line. I was used to seeing him charging down the wing and into the penalty area and this suddenly stopped. It was as though he was under orders. He would reach the half-way line, stop and play it square or back.

Maybe I am wrong, as I only see the TV games, but I noticed a change in Coleman early last season when he seemed to stop charging forward once he reached the half-way line. I was used to seeing him charging down the wing and into the penalty area and this suddenly stopped. It was as though he was under orders. He would reach the half-way line, stop and play it square or back.

This was probably produced by a number of factors, orders being one. But, I think a huge part of our issue there (and this goes back to tactics, too) was that, rather than forcing the issue by bombing on and attacking the other team's goal (which we did against Arsenal in Martinez's most brilliant moment), we generally waited for an opportunity to develop. So, Coleman bombing on and putting in a cross, when it did happen, was usually without any end product as nobody in the middle was following suit.

He's lost pace as well. It's noticeable that he struggles to race past as easily or as often as he used to.

He's lost pace as well. It's noticeable that he struggles to race past as easily or as often as he used to.

true, and I think Johns point is very valid. There were clear instructions given to the players that inhibited their natural abilities. Hopefully Koeman will undo that damage

• 2 months later...

Good contribution Eric. Care to elaborate on the flaws in his game?

The last 18 months he's been really frustrating to watch. He's contributed next to nothing in an attacking sense. Every time he's got the ball the past 2 seasons he's passed the ball backwards, he never runs with it anymore.

The last 18 months he's been really frustrating to watch. He's contributed next to nothing in an attacking sense. Every time he's got the ball the past 2 seasons he's passed the ball backwards, he never runs with it anymore.

I agree, but like with most of the team, he deteriorated due to poor management rather than his ability in my opinion. Can't wait to see him get a run under Koeman

I agree, but like with most of the team, he deteriorated due to poor management rather than his ability in my opinion. Can't wait to see him get a run under Koeman

The thing that concerns me is that with most other players we saw patches of what they could actually do the past 2 years. Coleman's literally had a couple of good games in amongst all the average performances. Hopefully Koeman will sort him out though.

I admit it, I am David Moyes.

Ever since the 2-2 Spurs game Coleman has reminded me of Forrest Gump. His runs on the wing reminded me of the college football scene in the movie where he just gets the ball and runs forward with it.

Moyes: "I used to think he was like Forrest Gump."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-everton-boss-moyes-coleman-11869193