Sign in to follow this  
scouse

Seamus Coleman

Has had a run of 4 or 5 games now where he's looked really good. Giving Marco and the board a headache as maybe he doesn't need to be replaced this window. 

Amazing what a rise in form does for individual performances. 

I wouldn't get carried away with Coleman. He'll not have an easier day than yesterday, hard to even say who was playing on his side in the first half. Him and Richarlison seemed to be doubled up on Cresswell with little threat. 

That said I'd prioritise replacing the spine of the team over Coleman. Keane, Gana, Sigurdssen just don't have the winning mentality to take us up to the next level. 

On 01/04/2019 at 03:59, Gwlad all over said:

A good captain, can't think of anyone better at the moment.

But how long is he going to be our no.1 right back for. He finished the season well but when he was bad last year he was really bad. There’s not a player I like to see succeed more than Coleman because he epitomises what I want from an Everton as a person - but consistency of performances have me concerned.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Coleman showing what a great captain he is again last night by getting sent off for the ROI.

What a balloon.

In fairness his second yellow was for a handball when he was sliding in to block a shot. Wasn’t like he had done something stupid or reckless. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nah mate, for some reason they've given Seamus special dispensation so that the red card he received is just forgotten about.

If he played across the park in red...

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I really dont know Mike. 😕

OK so red (comprising of two yellows rather then straight red) v Burnley in the PL equals one domestic game ban. Same in Europe so he'll miss next ROI game.

Pretty sure you're pulling my chain on this mate but I'll play along.

2 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

However you view his yellow/reds, 2 in two games isn't acceptable for a club and country captain IMO. In his defence I think the pressure at club level has got to him.

Record maybe? 2 reds in two weeks. 

7 hours ago, barryj said:

Had a really good game today and kept Zaha relatively quiet. I don’t know if they showed it on tv but Zaha towards the end got engaged with the crowd as Coleman had really got to him. After that he barely touched the ball. 

Defensively he was good, but on a number of occasions, he won the ball then dribbled himself back in to trouble when there were earlier pass options available. As a side note Having seen Zaha yesterday I’m very glad we didn’t get him, he won a few dribbles but didn’t have anything productive on past the defenders.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

Defensively he was good, but on a number of occasions, he won the ball then dribbled himself back in to trouble when there were earlier pass options available. As a side note Having seen Zaha yesterday I’m very glad we didn’t get him, he won a few dribbles but didn’t have anything productive on past the defenders.

Just to play devils advocate, he played a lovely pass for their goal. 

never an £80m player though. 

53 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Out for 4-6 weeks apparently. So get your anti-anxiety pills out to cope with watching Sidibe over that time :lol:.

Our options for RB really are terrible. It needs to be a high priority area in the summer transfer window.

Like we have enough options for LB. At least we have Kenny waiting in line for next season.

41 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Like we have enough options for LB. At least we have Kenny waiting in line for next season.

Baines will probably sign on for another year, and we'll push that position to the summer after more than likely.

And we don't even know if Kenny is seen as an option, we might not think he's good enough.