IGNORED

Arsenal

pete0

Looking at their away form we should be favourites to win.

Stoke 0-0 Arsenal

Liverpool 0-2

City 1-1

West Ham 1-3

Norwich 1-0

Man U 2-1

Villa 0-0

Clean sheet is a real possibility as Arsenal have been hit and miss infront of goal. Hoping they have a miss day and our own players find the net more efficiently. 3-0 Felli with the opener.

i am desperately looking for more urgency and commitment from our players - we seem to have a hanging defense , a strolling midfield and waiting forwards - whereas i would like to see an attacking defense closing strikers down , a pacy midfield catching opposition on the break and searching forwards looking for work instead of waiting for work to come to them -

players need to give 100% for 100% of their time on the field - if they are stuffed the bench must be creatively used to keep up the pace and the pressure - that is how you surprize stronger sides - chase them and run them off their feet - fitness and commitment make up for shortages in skill

I think this is the perfect game for us to get back on track with a bang.

Couldn't agree more. I think the confidence has been shot down as a result of all these dull results against lesser teams, we need one of those big games at Goodison to get our mojo back. Last year's run towards the finish seemed to be spurred on by beating City, Spurs and Chelsea at home, if we can get up over Arsenal I think we'll get back on track a bit and play as we did after topping United.

Moyes seems to know how to get the boys up for big clashes, which has made me strangely confident leading into the next three fixtures. Not feeling that nervous about Arsenal. Just shut down Cazorla and mark their two CB's off set pieces and we should run riot.

Does anyone know the situation with Gibbo and Mirallas? Can we expect them back?

Arsenal were the only side that finished above us last season that we haven't beaten at Goodison this calendar year, more motivation to win. Also I'll have bragging rights over all my mates (City, Spurs, Newcastle and Arsenal fans) for at least half a week if we beat them! jump for joy.gif

this is just the type of match that we need at the moment.

It could be either the reality check or a massive confidence boost. Either way it will be a good thing.

I would also like to see more commitment from our team.

Defence = needs to be more commited and make decisions, not just wait to see what happens.

Midfield = needs to be more direct, shoot when you have space, stop trying to walk it in.

Forwards = need to work to make your chances and not just complain when your not getting service.

Come on guys we have the ability we just need to shine!

Should be a free flowing attacking game, with plenty of goals.Both teams need to keep on the shirt tails of the mighty West Brom.

A win would ease the pain of recent weeks, probably the midfield battle will decide, Fellaini could make all the difference, that and Mirallas back.

Not sure how I'd view another draw, to be honest we really do need to win this one.

Edited by Blue 250

we certainly don't need another draw - we have had our fair share this season - that is really the difference between this season and last - we have the same number of wins as we had this time last year, but DM has transformed us from a side losing it's majority of games to a side drawing it's majority of games -

we need to make the step up and start winning more games - othrwise we are on our way turning into an also ran team after a promising start

GO EVERTON - make us proud , you owe us big time

Only a win will do to get us back on track, hopefully Gibbo and Kev will be back if so no reason why we cant do the arse on a cold wednesday night. Peanuts and Jelly to turn up and a 3-1 win Jelly, Felli and Velly

With a beer in me belly?

Anyway I am not comfortable over this game at all. Having seen was Arsenal have done in recent games and how we have been performing. I am thinking of a big battering that might be coming our way. sad.png

They just drew away at Villa 0-0, and probably could have been beaten! Wenger was slated for making a Moyes' esque substitution around 10 mins from the end, taking off Giroud and putting on Coquelin and settling for the draw, cheer up Rubes! there's room for some optomism....just not going off our recent performances unsure.png

The last team to beat us at home was Arsenal many moons ago, I don't think we will lose tonight but I'm not confident of a win. We'll more than likely start the game really well and then balls it up towards the end, I'm just hoping that the heart-break of Reading and Norwich has had a positive effect on the eleven that go out onto the pitch tonight, I'll settle for one point but obviously I'd be happier with all three.

Why are we even playing on a Wednesday night ?

Thirty-eight league games to play in a thirty-eight week season....take out week-ends put aside for internationals and FA Cup. Unavoidable.

You should be delighted as a traditionalist....there used to be many more mid-week games in the forty-two game seasons we grew up with.

Thirty-eight league games to play in a thirty-eight week season....take out week-ends put aside for internationals and FA Cup. Unavoidable.

You should be delighted as a traditionalist....there used to be many more mid-week games in the forty-two game seasons we grew up with.

I'm far too young to remember Mike. biggrin.png