IGNORED

James McCarthy

Yeah Mark i knew what he was saying, his opening line was

"I think many are making judgement on what they've seen of him,"

Maybe i put it down wrong but what i meant was, how can you judge him any other way. ??

Some people don't though, do they? You get some people who'll go on YouTube clips or what the fella in the pub has said to them.

Maybe i put it down wrong but what i meant was, how can you judge him any other way. ??

Some will make judgement having not watched a player play, more common with players from abroad. Some will make judgement on a player on the basis that he's good on a computer game. Many are judging McCarthy on the basis that they've actually watched him play on a number of occasions.

Not for 15m though mate.

He represents a far less gamble than the £15m we payed for Fellaini Av. I actually think he can surpass Fellaini in a different way. His range of passing for one and mobility another. His equivalent is carrick, united payed £18m for him a few years back.

He represents a far less gamble than the £15m we payed for Fellaini Av. I actually think he can surpass Fellaini in a different way. His range of passing for one and mobility another. His equivalent is carrick, united payed £18m for him a few years back.

Just because we overpayed for Fellaini and that turned out well, doesn't mean we should overpay for our other targets as well though. I'd be fine with anything going up to about 10m with add ons etc though.

When you get up to the 10m mark, you can buy a lot of midfielders. I'm not sure Everton need to spend that much on a low profile Scotsman playing for Wigan in the Championship. Moyes has proved we can get good players cheaply. Martinez needs to do the same.

cough Irish cough... :P

For me this would be a bit like Moyes buying Felli. Its that type of signing and Felli wasnt cheap and unfortunately you wont get the McCarthy's of this world cheap.

I agree that there must be players out there who are cheaper but they would be much riskier than McCarthy. £10mil is probably a fair price but I would be keen on going any higher.

Edited by Bailey

cough Irish cough... :P

For me this would be a bit like Moyes buying Felli. Its that type of signing and Felli wasnt cheap and unfortunately you wont get the McCarthy's of this world cheap.

I agree that there must be players out there who are cheaper but they would be much riskier than McCarthy. £10mil is probably a fair price but I would be keen on going any higher.

He was born in Scotland :P

He is Scottish you daft apeth. He plays for the Rep because of family connections. One of those silly rules in football.

Yeh but in footballing terms he is Irish and thats all that matters. If Arteta had played for England he would have been English as far as im concerned :) Would have probably had to call him Michael though.

Yeh but in footballing terms he is Irish and thats all that matters. If Arteta had played for England he would have been English as far as im concerned :) Would have probably had to call him Michael though.

He is Scottish. :dont know: You were wrong. Feel free to commence with the 50 press ups and we might forgive you. :happy:

Would you mind going on one of your whiny hiatuses again? Thanks, mate.

Would you mind fucking off. Don't call somebody a narcissist completely out of the blue for no reason what so ever and expect no reply. You might want to check yourself pal.

Haha, I have my reasons. You've given me plenty. And check myself? Grow up, pal.

Haha, I have my reasons. You've given me plenty. And check myself? Grow up, pal.

So your contribution had an agenda then? Pathetic attempt to cause trouble. No baseball to watch?

If I wasn't on my phone I'd use the "rolling eyes" emoticon. Now if I could only find some baseball to watch...

If I wasn't on my phone I'd use the "rolling eyes" emoticon. Now if I could only find some baseball to watch...

Try concentrating on watching your manners instead. You're out of order pal, so pipe down. I'm logging off now. Shame that a guy 7000 miles away can spoil my enjoyment of my local football team.

Try concentrating on watching your manners instead. You're out of order pal, so pipe down. I'm logging off now. Shame that a guy 7000 miles away can spoil my enjoyment of my local football team.

Yes, that is quite a shame indeed.

Do one knobhead - I'm having a laugh with Bailey. ok mate?

Would you mind fucking off. Don't call somebody a narcissist completely out of the blue for no reason what so ever and expect no reply. You might want to check yourself pal.

So your contribution had an agenda then? Pathetic attempt to cause trouble. No baseball to watch?

No need to be such a bellend with people - and then you wonder why you end up having meltdowns.