IGNORED

James McCarthy

He said that tongue in cheek in an interview with the Evening Standard

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/evertons-james-mccarthy-reveals-he-almost-joined-tottenham-and-is-pleased-with-manchester-united-interest-9634474.html

"When I ask, McCarthy about the speculation he says: If a club like Manchester United are interested, obviously you are doing a good job. Then with a laugh he adds: We will see what happens."

Really is a non story

It may well be Dunc, I hope it is, I've probably gone completely overboard, hysterical over it if truth be known. As I kept saying IF he said it, IF the context was right etc etc.

Like I said, I'm just wary as an Everton fan when the feeling around the club and fans is like this I just get a bit paranoid waiting for the inevitable piece of bad news that usually follows. A bit like (I think it was Matt who posted) watch him get injured (after Lukaku signed)

Maybe I'm just being a pessimist maybe I'm right in my suspicions only time will tell to be fair.

I would be totally flabbergasted if McCarthy left for United. He's been tutored for some time now by Martinez, and they seem to be joined at the hip. I'm sure Roberto sees him as a future captain, and he's central to his strategy for the team. This is one rumour I have ignored from the beginning.

Plus, McCarthy's comments seemed totally innocent to me. I think people reading things into it that were never intended. The young man is simply flattered to be considered by United; it doesn't mean he's ready to jump into their arms.

I was flattered the other week when some fat ugly cunt I used to go to school with facebooked me saying I'm looking good, doesn't mean I'm gonna fuck me bird off for her though... However, if my bird fucks me off I know I've got a fall back shag. Pretty much the same thing here...

Get off facebook mate. You need to jib ya bird and live a bit. Get on a dating website or something. You have some inner demons and unfinished business inside there pal.

She will understand if you sit her down and tell her how you feel.

I was flattered the other week when some fat ugly cunt I used to go to school with facebooked me saying I'm looking good, doesn't mean I'm gonna fuck me bird off for her though... However, if my bird fucks me off I know I've got a fall back shag. Pretty much the same thing here... ?

That seems to be the analogy of a 13 year olx boy . But whatever floats your boat.

To compare Man U to some ugly fat bird compared to playing for Everton who I assume to be your bird (again just breaking your post down) is just fucking stupid. Your bird may be ok but the one he 's talking about is many times more attractive (again using your analogy)

Don 't be so fucking stupid in other words.

Edited by Paddock

That seems to be the analogy of a 13 year olx boy . But whatever floats your boat.

To compare Man U to some ugly fat bird compared to playing for Everton who I assume to be your bird (again just breaking your post down) is just fucking stupid. Your bird may be ok but the one he 's talking about is many times more attractive (again using your analogy)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. United's new manager is a bully, and the atmosphere in the next few months is likely to be toxic. We're talking about someone "many more times attractive" at one level but a real bitch at another.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. United's new manager is a bully, and the atmosphere in the next few months is likely to be toxic. We're talking about someone "many more times attractive" at one level but a real bitch at another.

Summed up nicely, Steve.

Everton is much more an attractive team than Man Utd, to me anyway ?

• 2 weeks later...

No way he is better then Besic.No fuckin way.

How on earth can you conclude that? McCarthy right now is perhaps the most important person on the team. He's the engine that drives the team, undoubtedly the team's future captain. I'm convinced that Martinez would have turned down even a 50m bid from United. Besic, on the other hand, is an unknown, purchased for a comparatively small sum. It looks like he has a lot of potential, and it will be great when he strikes up a partnership with McCarthy, but he has a ways to go to get there. He's yet to play a competitive game for Everton, so it's simply impossible to know where he stands at this point.

How on earth can you conclude that? McCarthy right now is perhaps the most important person on the team. He's the engine that drives the team, undoubtedly the team's future captain. I'm convinced that Martinez would have turned down even a 50m bid from United. Besic, on the other hand, is an unknown, purchased for a comparatively small sum. It looks like he has a lot of potential, and it will be great when he strikes up a partnership with McCarthy, but he has a ways to go to get there. He's yet to play a competitive game for Everton, so it's simply impossible to know where he stands at this point.

I full-heartedly agree Steve, except for the United part. Hypothetically speaking, I don't see the club turning down 50m from United. That's a ridiculous amount of money.