IGNORED

James McCarthy

Guest blueboy122

Just noticed that Luiz Gustavo is going to Arsenal for around the £15 million mark so surely there's no way that Mccarthy can go for the same figure. Gustavo is streets ahead of Mccarthy in my opinion.

Although their maths are wrong, just bear in mind that that if we sell a player for £15m, we do not have the directly to buy one in £15m.

The tax man takes a share when you sell a player and no doubt there are a load of other costs e.g. Legal, Admin, twatty agents etc. that will also get covered.

Although their maths are wrong, just bear in mind that that if we sell a player for £15m, we do not have the directly to buy one in £15m.

The tax man takes a share when you sell a player and no doubt there are a load of other costs e.g. Legal, Admin, twatty agents etc. that will also get covered.

If you sell something in Sweden and then replace it, you dont pay tax as you have not received any money.

Sell your small house, use the income towards a new house = no income taxes.

Not the same in the UK?

They also mention we watched Belgian left back Sébastien Pocognoli, which is possible as he started for Belgium this week. But I doubt he's very high on our wish list given the fact he can't even get into the Hannover team.

Guest rusty747

For me, McCarthy as a DM fits into the Martinez style of play much better than Fellaini. I think Fellaini's head has already been turned so my thoughts are towards getting the best possible price for Felli, buying McCarthy and using some of the spare cash to tie Baines into a very long term contract. Anything left over could be used for a season loan or cheap buy of Barry.

Can anybody else see this being an deadline day transfer for Fellaini and Baines and then us not having enough time to replace them?

I get the feeling that we've done all that's needed to pull the trigger on this one should Fellaini leave. It's clear that McCarthy wants to work with RM, which is why interest from other teams went nowhere. My guess is 12m.

always admired McCarthy, massively underrated.

Would add a great deal to our squad, however he's closer to Gibson in style (which isn't a bad thing at all), so I still think we need a commanding, steely midfielder to replace Fellaini.

Yes but Gibson is proving a bit of a short term solution due to his constant injury issues, so it's probably a useful position to strengthen. J you know your players, do you not agree that the £15m is a little on the high side?

Yes but Gibson is proving a bit of a short term solution due to his constant injury issues, so it's probably a useful position to strengthen. J you know your players, do you not agree that the £15m is a little on the high side?

That he is, and in all honesty, you should probably see McCarthy as the guy to replace him long term. Gibson plays when fit. Which is rare.

£15m is high yeah, i'd be more inclined to pay £10m with all thing considered and i'd argue that additional payments based on appearances, caps, goals, shouldn't be over looked to a figure close to that.

He's classed as homegrown talent, so he comes at a premium.

Personally, i'd have loved Capoue and McCarthy together in the middle but that looks very unlike now that he's gone. I'd still want a tough tackler next to McCarthy, although he's very good at retrieving the ball from standing positions, I still don't think he has enough of aggression (controlled of course) and if a game needed if, he'll be one of the ones i'd expect to 'ghost', should things get a bit rugged.

Marrone would also be a good option, he has the defensive qualities that are needed to compliment McCarthy's game (imo). Strong runner too, so they could both pull out of CM, should the attacking options need reinforcements.

If you sell something in Sweden and then replace it, you dont pay tax as you have not received any money.

Sell your small house, use the income towards a new house = no income taxes.

Not the same in the UK?

See link below. Clear as mud innit :)

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim64115.htm

"In the English Football League, transfers between clubs entail the new club paying the League a levy of five per cent of the transfer fee. Signing-on fees are payable to the player at the discretion of the new club and will normally have been agreed between the player and the new club during transfer negotiations. The signing-on fee payable to the player is stated in the contract and is normally payable by equal instalments over the period of the contract, which may sometimes include the period over which there is an option to extend the contract.

Where the player is subsequently transferred at the request of his club, any unpaid instalments of the earlier signing-on fee are payable immediately. But where the player requests a transfer he forfeits any such unpaid instalments unless the management committee is satisfied that his transfer request was made on reasonable grounds.

Instalments of signing-on fees are chargeable to tax on receipt."

Guest blueboy122

That he is, and in all honesty, you should probably see McCarthy as the guy to replace him long term. Gibson plays when fit. Which is rare.

£15m is high yeah, i'd be more inclined to pay £10m with all thing considered and i'd argue that additional payments based on appearances, caps, goals, shouldn't be over looked to a figure close to that.

He's classed as homegrown talent, so he comes at a premium.

Personally, i'd have loved Capoue and McCarthy together in the middle but that looks very unlike now that he's gone. I'd still want a tough tackler next to McCarthy, although he's very good at retrieving the ball from standing positions, I still don't think he has enough of aggression (controlled of course) and if a game needed if, he'll be one of the ones i'd expect to 'ghost', should things get a bit rugged.

Marrone would also be a good option, he has the defensive qualities that are needed to compliment McCarthy's game (imo). Strong runner too, so they could both pull out of CM, should the attacking options need reinforcements.

Think that if Fellini went I would want to have McCarthy to replace him even though I would have liked us to have also signed Scott Parker. He will be a great signing for Fulham for me he is the steel we need in the midfield and always gives 100%. Tough tacking midfeilder for 1 million or what ever they got him for they will get a good 2-3 seasons out of him. A team with Scott Parker in the side is one that will be hard to break down that's for sure. Credit Fulham for getting him

See link below. Clear as mud innit :)

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim64115.htm

"In the English Football League, transfers between clubs entail the new club paying the League a levy of five per cent of the transfer fee. Signing-on fees are payable to the player at the discretion of the new club and will normally have been agreed between the player and the new club during transfer negotiations. The signing-on fee payable to the player is stated in the contract and is normally payable by equal instalments over the period of the contract, which may sometimes include the period over which there is an option to extend the contract.

Where the player is subsequently transferred at the request of his club, any unpaid instalments of the earlier signing-on fee are payable immediately. But where the player requests a transfer he forfeits any such unpaid instalments unless the management committee is satisfied that his transfer request was made on reasonable grounds.

Instalments of signing-on fees are chargeable to tax on receipt."

So my original statement stands. The math is wrong. If we get more than 15 mil from one of the players, why would we have to sell the other to fund the transfer? Its the NEW club that pays the league the levy of 5%

I'm sure that the spend is deducted from the income which means no taxation.