IGNORED

James McCarthy

Cool lets go get him. Solid, solid signing if it happens. £12m plus add ons and we will have a player far better than joe Allen who the RS paid £15m for.

This is a young Michael carrick esque player, maybe similar to Gibson with what we have but more energy and more potential. A passing midfield eh. Like the holy trinity!

As a former Wigan fan, I'd be delighted to see McCarthy join. He was the stand-out performer for Wigan within proven ability in the Premier League - plus, at 22, he has the potential to become a really big deal in this league. Some will moan that we're going back to Wigan again, but so be it: Baines was from Wigan as well, and I don't see too many complaints there.

I think many are making judgement on what they've seen of him, regardless of anything else. I along with many others think he will be an excellent signing and exactly what we need.

No concern about him as a player, i think he will settle in straight away. Just the fee that concerns me £15m is an awful lot, imo should be no more than £10m

If we add McCarthy without moving one of Baines or Fellaini then I will be stunned. That's why I'm a bit confused by the excitement. Not that McCarthy wouldn't be a nice addition, but losing either guy and adding McCarthy would be a downgrade.

McCarthy, Aldeirweld, and possibly Marrone for Fellaini? Would you still say that's a downgrade?

He was a stand out player in a shit team. :dont know:

A stand out player in a shit team as a midfielder is far more impressive than an average player in a great team.

It's often said a shit player can look ok with top quality around him. Stephen Hughes anyone? Pascal cygan?

When you take a player who can stand out and outshine established opponents despite having lesser quality players to pass or receive from then they are good - simple as that. The fact is McCarthy was the heart beat in that team who had midfield stats that were top 10 across the board.

A stand out player in a shit team as a midfielder is far more impressive than an average player in a great team.

It's often said a shit player can look ok with top quality around him. Stephen Hughes anyone? Pascal cygan?

When you take a player who can stand out and outshine established opponents despite having lesser quality players to pass or receive from then they are good - simple as that. The fact is McCarthy was the heart beat in that team who had midfield stats that were top 10 across the board.

Even Rooney never got as much praise as your giving him, I'm beginning to think this fella is your brother Haf.

As i said before, i hope for your sake this lad is a world beater, or your gonna have to eat some shit. :yay:

Edited by Bill

Unfortunately I'm not related as this lad will be a top class highly paid player.

Fortunately I can see a footballer when I see one. I'm not having a dig at anyone specific but there does seem to be a bit of "brand name snobbery" when it comes to players who aren't called "Wilfred" who is 6ft 6 and has YouTube clips showing him booting a player 6 foot up in the air.

It's the same as when we were linked with Martinez, "nah don't want him! Plays nice football but gets you relegated. That Portuguese fella looks fookin ace, wears and arm band on his sleeve and all sorts!, he's the next AVB, mark 2 who was the next mourinho mark 2"

Edited by Hafnia

Or as we got our scouts from Wigan, we are buying players our scouts have already scouted.

Or is it that these Wigan players - specifically McCarthy had very similar stats to Michael Carrick.

You know the Michael carrick who the bloke in the pub heard Alan shearer praise in MOTD so says to his mates "tell ya, been saying for years that carrick is class, you gotta be able to spot the little things he does"

Mate "that McCarthy from wigans good ya know"

Motd bullshitter "what?! He got relegated, he's shite! How many goals does he score?!"

Mate: "read this.... http://www.eplindex.com/epl-news/35306/young-michael-carrick-market-stats-comparison.html.

Conspiracy time:

We have no money.

The club need a manager who will accept we have no money.

Martinez can get 4 players on the cheap, all be it from Wigan.

Kenwright rubs hands together and gives Martinez pen to sign.

Martinez gets used as scapegoat if it goes tits up.

All this bollocks about the board supporting Martinez has come across as a bit presumptuous that we were going to sell somebody to fund our aspirations. I hope they prove me wrong and add to what we have, but I can't help but feel Martinez is being used.

Conspiracy time:

We have no money.

The club need a manager who will accept we have no money.

Martinez can get 4 players on the cheap, all be it from Wigan.

Kenwright rubs hands together and gives Martinez pen to sign.

Martinez gets used as scapegoat if it goes tits up.

All this bollocks about the board supporting Martinez has come across as a bit presumptuous that we were going to sell somebody to fund our aspirations. I hope they prove me wrong and add to what we have, but I can't help but feel Martinez is being used.

I think Martinez is keeping his powder dry. We are playing hardball with the Mancs. We don't need to sell right now. We could do in January but Fellaini will cost more then. We are in a good position.

I think Martinez is keeping his powder dry. We are playing hardball with the Mancs. We don't need to sell right now. We could do in January but Fellaini will cost more then. We are in a good position.

We need to strengthen in the middle though Haf and I'm not sure it's going to happen. The Barry signing is starting to sound like a desperately good idea lol.

From what he's seen of him, that's what his post is saying.

Yeah Mark i knew what he was saying, his opening line was

"I think many are making judgement on what they've seen of him,"

Maybe i put it down wrong but what i meant was, how can you judge him any other way. ??

Edited by Bill