IGNORED

John Heitinga

Rob Jansen, Heitinga's agent, has told VI Radio that Heitinga is unhappy with his situation (on the bench) and that they're looking for a solution (a transfer). He says that if something pops up, they'll look into it.

(source: http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=179103)

Hopefully they can find him some Russian or Turkish club that will pay a decent amount of money.

BTW, Jansen has also said Maarten Stekelenburg wants out of AS Roma (where he has lost his spot in the starting 11 after an injury). He could be a nice replacement for Howard, if we're looking for one.

Rob Jansen, Heitinga's agent, has told VI Radio that Heitinga is unhappy with his situation (on the bench) and that they're looking for a solution (a transfer). He says that if something pops up, they'll look into it.

(source: http://www.voetbalzo....asp?uid=179103)

Hopefully they can find him some Russian or Turkish club that will pay a decent amount of money.

BTW, Jansen has also said Maarten Stekelenburg wants out of AS Roma (where he has lost his spot in the starting 11 after an injury). He could be a nice replacement for Howard, if we're looking for one.

How about a swap. Less money transfers means less taxes to be paid. That'd be cutting a big money drain.

To be fair, we all know that he is looking into getting rid of Heitinga, he is a good player but Moyes will be looking into other options. Maybe he doesn't play him because he fell out with Moyes. I am concerned myself with how he is being left on the bench, Moyes will be looking to sell him for 6 million and get someone else in. Or loan him out to that turkish club, they were interested in him in the summer weren't they?

Why is it such a big issue with Heitinga?

He isn't playing for a 3rd division team, and not getting a game. He is playing for a strong Premiership club, with 'other' top professionals, who just happen to be in better form than 'he' is. Surely the answer is to play better, and win your place back, rather than play poorly, and be disappointed that you are not first choice.

When he has played this season, he has been inconsistent. We have a squad, and all players within that squad have the same opportunity to prove themselves when picked. Since he arrived, we've seen nothing but Prima Donna articles, so if he wants to leave, sell him, and put the money towards a player who offers us more.

Why is it such a big issue with Heitinga?

He isn't playing for a 3rd division team, and not getting a game. He is playing for a strong Premiership club, with 'other' top professionals, who just happen to be in better form than 'he' is. Surely the answer is to play better, and win your place back, rather than play poorly, and be disappointed that you are not first choice.

When he has played this season, he has been inconsistent. We have a squad, and all players within that squad have the same opportunity to prove themselves when picked. Since he arrived, we've seen nothing but Prima Donna articles, so if he wants to leave, sell him, and put the money towards a player who offers us more.

Don't blame him for wanting a move. If Moyes gave him the treatment Jags gets he'd be happy to take his turn on the bench.

It must be said jags can produce 5/10 performances and retain his place. Heitinga has been great one game and dropped the next. Unfortunately he seems to be out of love and out of form.

I have to agree with this. Fair enogh he has been inconsistant, but the amount of times ive seen this ^ happen is untrue.

I think Jags is comfortably our best CB and I would put him in ahead of Johnny or Distin any day of the week

Yes he had a dip in form but at the time the other 2 were not exactly pulling up trees were they?

Last season him and Distin were shocking, Moyes didn't do anything. Then once Jags was fit decided on a revolutionary way to include his fave in. Heitinga is our best defender when given a fair run of games.

An itk (supposed) says he is off in jan for £7m. This was last night on twitter.

I'd happily see him go if we could get to see how Duffy does and whether we can reinvest in a bargain buy (free transfer) or lescott loan.

I love him but I'd take £7million for him. I wouldn't mind Lescott coming in on loan, like you said, and then from next season give Duffy more of a go. We'll never know if he can make it at this level if he's not given the opportunity.

Jags and Johnny doesn't seem to work and more and more mistakes are creeping into Distin's game - Johnny is our best footballing centre back but I just think Jags is 'the one'. He puts himself on the line more, because of this and what we all know already johnny out and Lescott in will improve our defensive unit - the area where we have lacked in this season. Lescott on a loan to buy deal would be great, as presuming we sell johnny Moyes could use that money well - look back to last year... selling billy allowed us to get Gibson, Jela and Pienaar on-loan!

Baines was just as much at fault for the goal, but never gets singled out for mistakes. Johhny is slow, and not good enough to cover when Baines goes forward. Of our defenders, Distin has by far the hardest job, and does it very well on the whole. Wigan were none existant attacking Distin compared to attacking Heitinga.

It's no secret that we are missing Hibbert terribly, as he commands his area, and prevents much of the opposition attack.

Personally, I would like Shawcross, and maybe offer Distin the other way if necessary (thinking ahead) or Lescott back.

I do feel a bit for Heits. He was our best CB last season when he eventually got into the team and started playing games but for whatever reason he is out of sorts now and probably needs to be playing more than anything. In the last couple of seasons we have had both Distin and Jags playing crap and they have kept their place and got themselves sorted. He might not be the biggest or the quickest but he certainly has the class.

I dont blame him if he wants to go but I also wouldnt be surprised if Moyes is happy to let him go. Paying £50k a week to sit on the bench week in week out isnt going to be doing the club any favours and providing we have a plan (whether it be Duffy coming through or buying in another good young CB) then I guess it at least makes sense financially.

Baines was just as much at fault for the goal, but never gets singled out for mistakes. Johhny is slow, and not good enough to cover when Baines goes forward. Of our defenders, Distin has by far the hardest job, and does it very well on the whole. Wigan were none existant attacking Distin compared to attacking Heitinga.

It's no secret that we are missing Hibbert terribly, as he commands his area, and prevents much of the opposition attack.

Personally, I would like Shawcross, and maybe offer Distin the other way if necessary (thinking ahead) or Lescott back.

Hibbert (and Coleman) are generally a lot worse positionally than Baines so I dont really think there is much difference apart from that Baines gets forward more.

Personally Shawcross is an average defender who is doing well in a good defensive & well organised team. Take him out of that comfort zone (like he was for England) and he will get shown up. I would much rather keep Distin for a couple more years! We do need to look for someone with power and pace though and I guess Lescott would certainly fit that bill.

I'm with pretty much everyone on here, £7m would be too good to turn down for Johnny. If we can bring in Lescott and get back to him and Jags at the back, we will tighten up straight away. I always felt Baines was more solid next to Lescott too.

Side point, but Jags, Lescott and Baines playing together every week would be good news for England too.

Indeed. The only teams that I could imagine going for a subtop central defender like Lescott (considering Kompany, Ramos, Thiago Silva the top), would be Manchester United, who are in need for such a fellow. But then again, the citizens would roast him if he did. Real, Bayern, Chelsea, Liverpool, Juve, Tottenham and Arsenal don't need one, He's not good enough for Barcelona, Milan doesn't have money, Dortmund have their own academy players. Maybe the Russians, but their supporters are probably going to verbally abuse the hell out of Lescott.

What I'm trying to say is the transfer price for this kind of players should be going down this year. Man City can't sell him for 8 million quid...

I love Heits for his passion and on His day He's possibly are best defender but as of late He's been very inconsistent and if saying thanks and goodbye would mean Lescott coming back I'd welcome His sale.

We all know that Lescott is a quality player and offers us positionally and goal wise much more then Johnny plus the partnership with Jags was immense.

Wasnt Heitinga our player of the year last year? How quickly fans forget

He has lots of admirers still, he's out of form, but given a few games he'd be a rock again. The fans against him are the ones who thought Moyes was right to stick with Jags-Distin when it clearly weren't working and a few Jags fan boys who are scared Johnny will take his place.

Heitinga is undoubtedly the best of our CBs when he has the ball at his feet but he is not in the same same league as Jags as a defender.

He is a character and seems to get the fans on his side, but he is always banging on about wanting to leave and some of his performances this season havent just been poor they have been abysmal. West Ham away stands out and Wigan away was even worse. For me if he wants to leave and someone is willing to pay then let him go

I cant see us getting Lescott but if I could choose between the 2 it certainly wouldnt be Johnny

Heitinga is undoubtedly the best of our CBs when he has the ball at his feet but he is not in the same same league as Jags as a defender.

He is a character and seems to get the fans on his side, but he is always banging on about wanting to leave and some of his performances this season havent just been poor they have been abysmal. West Ham away stands out and Wigan away was even worse. For me if he wants to leave and someone is willing to pay then let him go

I cant see us getting Lescott but if I could choose between the 2 it certainly wouldnt be Johnny

Couldn't have said it better myself. The team can't even buy a clean sheet (let alone anything else) atm, and Heitinga seems to be part of the issue. Undoubtedly he has immense quality on his day, but its been a long time since I've thought he wasn't a liability at CB compared to Jagielka or Distin.