IGNORED

John Heitinga

To be fair, If Howard would have been on the top of his game this season we wouldn't have conceded so many silly goals and the defence wouldn't look so bad, statistically at least. Perhaps we wouldn't have noticed as much, especially considering we'd be sat in 3rd or 4th place. I'm not bashing Howard, he has improved over the Christmas period but he has had some howlers that's for sure!

Lets play the blame game for the goals conceded in our last 3 matches.

Heitinga and Distin's to blame for the Newc goal.

Jags was suspect for both Chelsea goals.

Distin for the Wigan.

Result:

Heitinga .5

Distin 1.5

Jags 2

Although goals conceded per minute is about 70 mins for Jags with 1.7 points per game and Distin (1.6 points), and 60 mins for Heitinga with 1.8 points per game. Not a huge difference considering he has been in and out the team, yet Jags hasn't been dropped at all.

Although the stats say that. they dont show how many goals have been saved after his mistakes or bad judgment.

Anyone watching can see that there is a world of difference between Jags and heits at the moment and if moyes dropped Jags for him, then he should be sacked.

I dont think there is a manager in the world that would pick heits above jags for form at the moment.

saw the Newcastle game, and although he, Dustbin and Baines were at fault for their goal he got turned so easily by their striker several times and his positioning was very poor. He was good on the ball tho, passing was better than Jags.

His passing was just long diagonal balls that Anichebe made look good by getting on the end of. Watch the highlights, he had to run backwards or sideways 5 or 6 yards to make anything of them. Not one was put into the big space ahead of the forward to run onto.

Jags used to hoof the ball all the time like that.

Although the stats say that. they dont show how many goals have been saved after his mistakes or bad judgment.

Anyone watching can see that there is a world of difference between Jags and heits at the moment and if moyes dropped Jags for him, then he should be sacked.

I dont think there is a manager in the world that would pick heits above jags for form at the moment.

This

Jags isn't a rock, him and Distin is the worst pairing the clubs had in the last decade, an absolute shambles together last season.

Imagine the Wigan game had Distin started along with Johnny, they'd had been no problem. Jags-Heitinga was a awful decision from the manager, players have different strengths and weaknesses and Heitinga proved last season he is the one with the most strengths.

How has Heitinga been any worst than the other 2? Two cleam sheets isn't good enough and the constant is Jagielka, the obvious thing to do would be to drop him give Distin-Heitinga a proper chance.

you gotta start watching the football more mate.

To say that Jags has been no better is confusing! seriously thats just bizare.

maybe its me missing something, but every time i see heits on the teamsheet recently i panic. even Distin is playing much better.

Thats probably why your not the manager and Moyes is, Heitinga is a liability this season and you think the obvious thing to do is play him more

Jags has been no were good enough to warrant keeping his place. Play Heitinga regularly and you get as near to a near world class defender, it's no brainer. Jags is a John Terry dog of a defender who just looks out for himself with his tele-blocks. Heitinga is usually in a better position and stops the attack before the danger, but the average fan doesn't respect this kind of defending believing you're only a great defender if you are doing last minute tackles that wouldn't be needed if you were a better player in the first place.

Jags has been no were good enough to warrant keeping his place. Play Heitinga regularly and you get as near to a near world class defender, it's no brainer. Jags is a John Terry dog of a defender who just looks out for himself with his tele-blocks. Heitinga is usually in a better position and stops the attack before the danger, but the average fan doesn't respect this kind of defending believing you're only a great defender if you are doing last minute tackles that wouldn't be needed if you were a better player in the first place.

An interesting point of view.

The problem is Heitinga is getting torn apart by very average centre forwards

At Wigan he was giving Kone all the time and space in the world to run at him and he just couldnt live with him, Carlton Cole was doing the same to him at West Ham and it happened at Newcastle.

He seems to be standing off too much then getting turned inside out as a result. He has also had a bad habit of ducking under crosses which cost us against Norwich at home, he did the same against Spurs I think it was when they him the post and did the same at Newcastle a couple of times

But on the other side of the coin he keeps an in form Torres in his pocket for 90 mins. Maybe we just need to bring him out against the better opposition! :)

I dont think there has really been that much difference between any of them. Kone didn't have the beating off Heitinga, he had him for pace when we were pressing high and leaving space in behind. The midfield offered no pressure on the ball and Wigan dropped it in behind for fun. Its not Heitinga's fault that he isnt quick and that our manager didnt realise it would be a problem and Wigan's manager exploited it. When we got our act together in the second half we stopped that ball from being played, and only once or twice did Distin have run back to goal.

Jags, Heits and Distin all made mistakes against Newcastle and they were all silly mistakes but luckily only one of them cost us a goal. Poor marking by jags & Distin could have easily led to another and Heitinga was guilty of letting Obertan get a shot away. Against West Ham and Chelsea it was the same thing. All three are making mistakes and all three are costing us goals.

Jags gets a lot more plaudits because he is making last ditch challenges but in general his overall levels of defending still arent anywhere near he was before he got injured IMO.

I would definitely be getting Duffy involved against Cheltenham on Monday. He cant do any worse than the other three.

Hence why a team needs two players with different attributes, since most teams play with only one main striker, Jags to do the man marking where as Heits then uses his brain to suss out the run of any player coming through........ or flick ons, through balls etc......

Hence why a team needs two players with different attributes, since most teams play with only one main striker, Jags to do the man marking where as Heits then uses his brain to suss out the run of any player coming through........ or flick ons, through balls etc......

Using similar reasoning it makes more sense to go with Distin for his pace and the left-right balance alongside the more intelligent player.

I don't know how people can question Dystin, his recovery and strength on the ball make a mockery of his age, without his pace at centre half we would be fucked.I think in reality Jonny is a player we could sacrifice to strengthen the midfield/forward line which i think is more important. Lets look at the facts were the first team in Prem history thats conceded and scored in 14 consecutive games, were gonna concede, we just need more options to outscore the others dry.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Because players won't want to play for another manager. There will be major ins and outs at both Everton & Manchester United because players don't want to play under someone new.

aaaand... They won't be playing under someone new elsewhere? :)

Just trollin mate, I know what you mean. Gettin a new manager might be the final push in the back for some players to just go elsewhere. Rooney to Chelsea sounds like the perfect transfer to me at this point for instance. I think his job is done at ManU and he can become a new hero at CFC.

Fellaini can be very useful at ManU. I just hope Baines stays at EFC.

Because players won't want to play for another manager.

Why the hell not? You think the whole squad is going to move to ManU because they won't play for anyone other than DM??

My point though was that the manager decides who we sell and who we buy (not the player himself) so we can't buy or sell anyone while we don't have one; and we can't speculate on targets or players who are surplus to requirements until be have someone in place to make those decisionsdont%20know.gif.

Rumourama is going to be even more pointless than usual in the next however many weeks....never thought it possibletongue.png!

Take Ryan Giggs for example. He's played under SAF for his whole career so I can't see him staying on. Some players at Manchester United went there to be managed my the best and will leave because that's not going to happen anymore.

It's the same here, Johnny is at the age now where he can't be arsed 'impressing' a new manager and would rather just move to a club that wants him.