IGNORED

John Heitinga

Take Ryan Giggs for example. He's played under SAF for his whole career so I can't see him staying on.

Taking that as an example, Giggs has just signed a new one year contract. The guy who's taken him through his whole career has retired and hand picked Moyes as his successor. You really think Giggs is going to say....

"I don't care what Sir Alex thinks; I know better and I'm not going to play under Moyes....I'm off!"

Would destabilise the whole squad if he and others reacted like that. Won't happen.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=188651

He has said to the board he isn't going to sign a new contract (current one runs till the summer of 2014). He has told VI "if they still want to get money for me, they'll have to sell me now".

If that's the case we need to get rid of him asap, he has had a really poor season so I wouldn't really be too sad to see him go anyway

Let him go 5 million by forren

We dodged a bullet with Forren. He's nowhere near good enough for the Premier League and if we had bought him we'd have made a loss because of how shit he is. Yet another player who looks the mutts nuts in a foreign league but can't hack it in the English game.

We dodged a bullet with Forren. He's nowhere near good enough for the Premier League and if we had bought him we'd have made a loss because of how shit he is. Yet another player who looks the mutts nuts in a foreign league but can't hack it in the English game.

There are loads of forren players who can't hack it in the English game.....

("Taxi for Cake......................!")

If that's the case we need to get rid of him asap, he has had a really poor season so I wouldn't really be too sad to see him go anyway

exactly. Forget that the transfer fee might be low, hes on a very nice contract (50k Euro a year) which would mean 5m a year off the wage bill.

Player of the year a year ago. How quickly people forget. From hero to zero in less then a year. Theres a really good football player inside Heitinga. Martinez might be the guy to find him again.

Doubt it. His heart hasnt been innit for a long time.

He should have been offloaded last january. Look at his wages for gods sake.

Player of the year a year ago. How quickly people forget. From hero to zero in less then a year. Theres a really good football player inside Heitinga. Martinez might be the guy to find him again.

He was fan's player of the season, that doesn't mean he actually was our best player. IMO his tough guy demeanour played a very large part in his popularity.

As regards to Heitinga, he would raise a few million for the transfer chest.

I'm on the side of introducing Duffy more often cos i'd like to see the lad push on, maybe a new manager might do that.

Its definitely time for Duffy to push on. We need to know if he is good enough, and with Johnny not able to hold down a starting role let him and his high wages go.

Is there an interview with Heitinga that proves he said anything of the sort ?

This is the source: http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/241692/Vertrek-Heitinga-bij-Everton-aanstaande-na-weigering.htm

It's not a video of him actually saying it, but Dutch media are still a bit more truthful regarding "quotes" than English media so I'd be inclined to believe it's true. He's also said he was ready to go to Fenerbahce, but Everton "asked for too much money".

http://www.nu.nl/sport/3488508/heitinga-vindt-nog-vroeg-terugkeer-ajax.html

Interview here:

His contract is expiring in 2014, he's in two minds to stay 'til it epires.

He says it's Everton's choice whether they sell him to cash in as he'll be a free transfer next year

He wants to see if the new manager rates him.

He doesn't want to extend his contract but he didn't like winning player of the year and then being demoted to the bench the following season.

He wants to play for Ajax but feels he's too young to return there.

He was close to joining Fenerbahce, Everton had agreed to sell him but Kenwright pulled the plug.

He's still open to moving to Turkey.

Can you blame him for not signing a contract though? Like you say he won player of the season last season and this season he has been a bench warmer.

Least he isn't one of these players who are happy to sit on the bench and get paid for it. (I know they have do training)

Maybe when the new manager comes in he will look at him and go okay, good player. He might sign a new contract but first wants to see if he plays or not.

Last season he was being linked to City, this season......nobody as yet. I don't think Moyes liked his attitude because why else wouldn't you play him?

Another player who seems to fit Martinez style, he likes to build from the back. Wouldn't surprise me if he plays as one of 3 centre halves with Distin left and Jags right. Johnny is a footballer, no doubt about that.

Hes too slow to play in the centre of a 3. I can see Jags and Buzz stepping up and Johnny being the reason the offside trap fails.

Hes too slow to play in the centre of a 3. I can see Jags and Buzz stepping up and Johnny being the reason the offside trap fails.

Yeah suppose that is a factor. Then again I'm not sure about how robertos 3-5-3 works, can't wait for pre season games now though. How we play against the likes of the european sides will be an interesting glimpse as to how martinez will want us playing.