IGNORED

Why do people hate America ?

Avinalaff

I wondered what all that abuse I invariably get was about

No, haven't read that issue, but we do get our fair share of criticism. There's this kind of stereotypical view but while evident with most other countries, always comes to the fore whenever there's a mass shooting as the events in Connecticut once again demonstrated. Yes we do have a problem with gun control that needs to be adressed but everyone from an outside perspective wants to jump on and label all people as gun loving fanatics. I wouldn't want to have been born in any other country, proud of our heritage and fine with all that. Yes we have a certain number of detractors, and what they think or believe is their business, but once again, wouldn't wish to be anything else. Doubtless people are proud to be British, or Irish or Canadian or wherever you find them.

I opened the thread more as a tongue and cheek humorous reply to Howards Queen thread lol, but strictly speaking, the Americans are genuinely unpopular worldwide, and for a country with a very short history, it does seem to get in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

They are in my opinion the most likely race to cause the end of the world, and should be banished from the planter for Mcdonalds and Britney alone.

I opened the thread more as a tongue and cheek humorous reply to Howards Queen thread lol, but strictly speaking, the Americans are genuinely unpopular worldwide, and for a country with a very short history, it does seem to get in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

They are in my opinion the most likely race to cause the end of the world, and should be banished from the planter for Mcdonalds and Britney alone.

If it makes you feel better, there's so much about England (and Europe in general) that makes me jealous. I mean, holy shit we had George W. Bush in charge for eight years. Fourty percent of our country believes the earth is only 2-3 thousand years old and thinks evolution is a myth. The Republican party nearly nominated Rick Santorum, a guy who believes that only Christians are entitled to free speech and claimed he wanted to make the US the Christian version of Iran, but instead opted for Mitt Romney, a guy who believes the Garden of Eden was located in Missouri and that magic underwear protected him from evil demons. I'd gladly take the Monarchy if it meant we could get rid of the Republican party and all of its bullshit.

If it makes you feel better, there's so much about England (and Europe in general) that makes me jealous. I mean, holy shit we had George W. Bush in charge for eight years. Fourty percent of our country believes the earth is only 2-3 thousand years old and thinks evolution is a myth. The Republican party nearly nominated Rick Santorum, a guy who believes that only Christians are entitled to free speech and claimed he wanted to make the US the Christian version of Iran, but instead opted for Mitt Romney, a guy who believes the Garden of Eden was located in Missouri and that magic underwear protected him from evil demons. I'd gladly take the Monarchy if it meant we could get rid of the Republican party and all of its bullshit.

The world is a weird place mate - period. wink.png

I don't think we're hated. Yes some may not like us very much apart from some obvious choices you could think of but there's no real animosity involved for the most part.

Reasons to include all and anything could be

#1 We usually win everything (North Vietnam and Soccer aside) and do so well at most things, so people may get irritated with that

#2 We eat everything in sight

#3 Some of the things we gave to the world may not be for everyone. Talent shows, Springer, Timberlake, the aforementioned Spears etc

#4 Getting involved in other people's affairs and problems. If a dispute breaks out anywhere in the world we invariably get involved.

#5 The near constant stories we hear of gun related terror that hitherto can't be properly controlled.

#6 Probably seen as a nation of warmongers or belligerents

Hell maybe people are upset because we have a fine and inspirational national anthem, that some other nations simply can't match. (Some truly awful anthems out there, God Save The Queen being just one of them I'm afraid). How can you get inspiration from that fucking mundane and banal song, or feel proud about your country etc. I'm being damn serious. Maybe it's even a bit of jealousy involved, who knows.

Once again, for all the problems we have, for any hostilities or any one persons perspective, wouldn't want to be anything else.

american_flag.jpg

I believe the colours are red, white, and blue are they not?

Not very original to be fair. rolleyes.gif

You have never won the Eurovision contest, nor have you won I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

You are famous for being fat, burger eating slave traders, who wear big hats and shoot guns, normally at your presidents, but occasionally at other people who don't like you, or at least you would, if only you had enough bullets.

Even mother nature hates you. Red%20card.png

But it's a flag to be proud of, and it's better than that banal white and red cross you have, let's be fair, and Saint George wasn't even English.

One more thing - The United States doesn't participate in the Eurovision Song Contest.

I don't know if that was a funny or what it was, and furthermore you can see a lot of fat and rotund individuals on any street in this country who like some fast food or two. I don't like the gun laws either as much as the next person incidentally, and it's been over 30 years since someone had a shot at a president by my math. (Reagan 1981) It's not like an every year occurence etc.

Wow, threads like this will surely help to bring plenty of new American Blues to the forum.

I actually like a significant proportion of Americans that I've met, maybe swayed by the fact that I have American family, but then that

probably just means I've mixed with ordinary 'Yanks' and not been influenced by TV and media.

Americans have their problems, we have ours.

Personally and in answer to the OP. I don't hate America, on the contrary I would love to be riding a fuck off big Harley D to Sturgis.

However you have to treat everyone as an individual. The only (truly the only) person I despise enough to dance on his grave is an American where I work. Not America's fault the shoite was born in Colorado. If I have ever said anything nasty about America it was surely meant in a loving way.

But yes USA wanted to take on the mantle of the world's leading nation and I am afraid some hatred goes with the territory. Up until the 20th century the UK had that too, and in some places still do. But at least being hated is better than being ignored ... maybe.

I believe the colours are red, white, and blue are they not?

Not very original to be fair. rolleyes.gif

You have never won the Eurovision contest, nor have you won I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

You are famous for being fat, burger eating slave traders, who wear big hats and shoot guns, normally at your presidents, but occasionally at other people who don't like you, or at least you would, if only you had enough bullets.

Even mother nature hates you. Red%20card.png

rofl.gifrofl.gif

the americans are hated simply because of jealousy,people are envious of their lifestile.

Ridiculous and simplistic imo.

You're suggesting people wanting the world to be a fairer place are only saying so because of personal greed (unless I misunderstand).

Poverty and race/ethnicity

The US Census declared that in 2010 15.1% of the general population lived in poverty:[31]

9.9% of all non-Hispanic white persons

12.1% of all Asian persons

26.6% of all Hispanic persons (of any race)

27.4% of all black persons.

Camden_NJ_poverty.jpg

im entitled to my opinion mikeo.

Of course you are....I'm just putting the point that there are many things in America not to be envious of; so I think to suggest that they're not liked because people are jealous of the lifestyle is a bit daft (just my opinionsmile.png ).

Incidentally....I've never, in my life, liked or disliked anyone based on their nationality. Absurd that anyone does imo.