IGNORED

David Moyes - sign or go ?

Avinalaff

1. 1. How do you feel about Moyes delaying signing a new contract?

• Happy
    • Unhappy
    • Neutral

Let me ask you all this, what top manager would come here to replace Moyes, knowing that there will be no transfer funds to boost the squad without first selling a big name?

Who is to say there wont be funds? If a new manager came in and used this squad of players to get into the top 4 then there would be money available in the summer. If Moyes wants money then he needs to pull his finger out and try and get us into that top 4. Even with a depleted squad we showed the other week that we are better than a fully fit Chelsea.

So the camp is well and truely devided on DM and if he can take us to the next level.

I really think that Everton play the most attractive football in the entire PL when everything clicks into place. DM has done an incredible job in finding players that gel with each other but with limited funds. Who would have considered Gibson and Coleman? Look at how the players fit together. Coleman and Mirallas (yep that was a defensive and destructive signing), Baines (better at defending or attacking?) and Pienaar (mr hard work in tracking back) Gibsons passing, Osmans surges forward, Jelavic on form, Defensive Fellaini being brought forward and currently is the top scorer in the team. (dont forget that he was signed as a forward and everyone complained when he got stuck in a defensive midfield role, now everyone wants out top scorer back in midfield. Including me)

We have a side that is capable of attractive, quick, attacking football now. We just dont have the squad to cope with injuries.

In fact, the area that we seem to have problems right now is in defence. Thats a sure sign of a destructive, defending football if i ever saw one.

I hope he signs on for another 10 years. Unfortunatly he wont do that and we will see him move on to honours with a richer side.

Edited by Peter H

For me Pete it's a case of saying to the most wonderful of women "If you don't love me then let me find another who does".

No matter how great a manager Moyes is, I want him to stay and take us to the title etc, but I don't want him to stay if his heart is elsewhere, if that makes sense. Sign the contract and let's move on, or take another job, but just don't destroy what you have built by not being straight with the fans.

The window is always a frustrating period, but we have the media discussing our players and manager with connection to Chelsea and so on, and I think it should not be allowed. Speculation by the press is no more innocent than blatant seed planting and false rumour, and it should be illegal.

Everton don't appreciate the fans enough in my opinion.

Someone who fancied £70k a week (£3.6m per year in wages)

I don't think the next manager will walk into that level of wages. Moyes I would assume has gotten a raise multiple times for his performance and in order to keep him here. It wouldn't make sense to start off the next manager at that wage level when the club is losing 9 million pounds per year and has no money to spend.

I don't think the next manager will walk into that level of wages. Moyes I would assume has gotten a raise multiple times for his performance and in order to keep him here. It wouldn't make sense to start off the next manager at that wage level when the club is losing 9 million pounds per year and has no money to spend.

If it was hiddink it would be possibly a little more

If it was hiddink it would be possibly a little more

Hiddink is retiring from football management at the end of the season, and if he were to come back, no way he'd come to Everton... Sorry. If Moyes leaves, we will be going after promising younger managers who we could get for a decent wage, not established big names who would cost us an arm or a leg. Thinking we'd get Hiddink is just silly.

To some of those here criticizing Moyes so heavily, I think 6 months of watching Steve Kean manage this club would do a lot of good for your attitudes.

Honestly, I think Moyes is thinking, "I've has 10 years here with an 8/10 and not likely to get better".

If he gets us to CL, I think he'll stay...if not he has to move on, just for his own peace of mind (ie "can I do more elsewhere?")

I voted neutral on the subject, last season I would have voted for him to go. I've mellowed a little and Moyes has learned a little, but not enough for both of us to be ever truely happywub.png .

Honestly, I think Moyes is thinking, "I've has 10 years here with an 8/10 and not likely to get better".

If he gets us to CL, I think he'll stay...if not he has to move on, just for his own peace of mind (ie "can I do more elsewhere?")

I voted neutral on the subject, last season I would have voted for him to go. I've mellowed a little and Moyes has learned a little, but not enough for both of us to be ever truely happywub.png .

I actually think he'd do well at a place like Schalke. Hope he stays, but wouldn't blame him if he leaves.

Maybe Mourinho is willing to take a pay cut until United come calling happy.png. In seriousness short term Adkins would be worth a shot and on less wages than Moyes (although our next manager will probs want parity with our highest earner).

I wouldnt touch Adkins myself. Wasted too much money on average players and constantly ignored the weaknesses in his team. Questionable player selection and tactics too.

I wouldnt touch Adkins myself. Wasted too much money on average players and constantly ignored the weaknesses in his team. Questionable player selection and tactics too.

Everything is already in place here defensively, and he has the balls to bench players tactically. Lallana would become a likely transfer too.

He'd be the perfect manager for them, fits his credentials. Is he still the perfect manager for us?

It's more than likely an old photo anyway.

Eh? huh.png Doesnt speak a word of the language (that i know of anyway) and doesnt really play "spanish" football. The only reason i can think of is with their supposed difficult financial situation...

Like you say, probably an old photo anyway.

It's just going over old ground, but I maintain that for as long as David Moyes is manager of this club, no trophies will arrive. Can't look beyond that sometimes, and it's got less to do with financial restrictions and money available, but that's been elaborated on at length before, so there's no damn sense in just reiterating old words and accuracies. Yes we'll get a respectable finish more often than not, and he's a very highly spoken of individual with a decade now of top level experience, but the one thing is - I feel he's done as much as he is able and can take us forward no further.

The scot did himself no favors once again on Monday night, and some of his decisions this season once again, have been questionable to say the least. This seems like a duplicate thread from discussions last year about what Moyes should do with his immediate future. I guess he's happy enough with the salary the club are paying in any event.