IGNORED

David Moyes - sign or go ?

Avinalaff

1. 1. How do you feel about Moyes delaying signing a new contract?

• Happy
    • Unhappy
    • Neutral

"I'll give as much as I can, but I've said - and I've spoken with the chairman - that I want to see how the team does."

Sounds from that as though he has already indicated to BK what his intentions are and it doesnt sound good.

If he goes then good luck to him he deserves a shot at a big club, he has given 11 good years to the club under very trying circumstances. Ok he is well paid for the job he does but he has had plenty of chances to jump ship and go to a club that can give him money to spend and really see what he cna achieve, and I doubt very much that they would have asked him to take a drop in wages

If he does go at the end of the season, and it looks that way, then I won't be happy to see him go but nor will I be sad.

I just hope that the board are working on a replacement so we can get them in early in the summer.

And I pray that our next manager doesn't come from within. I think it'd be disastrous. We need freshness.

People say we need someone to take us to the next level but sadly, Moyes has got us this high becaus he is a brilliant manager, and we wont find someone better than him at this moment in time.People criticise his team selections and make out like he has been gifted this team and he's messin it up. He build this team and pretty much signed every player in ourstarting 11, with no money.

If he goes, without money no one will do as well because he out situation Is unique, no other club has threatened the top 6 on such a small budget like we have. There are no miracle worker managers, unless you want to wait another tenyears for a different manager to slowly build up his own team.

Edited by MoyesForPM

All this talk and debate of Moyes maybe leaving during the summer, but I just can't see it myself. And - There's still this season to finish. We have a realistic chance of not only getting a european berth but winning the FA cup, and why not ?

Then Moyes will make his intentions clear ?, but he must often look at himself and think "I've had over ten very good years here for the most part, but haven't delivered an actual trophy"

Suppose for arguments sake, he did leave in the summer, I would be a little sad to see him go, and it would be real strange to see another name in charge after all these years, but how often have we been frustrated with Moyes or uttering curses in those last ten years. I say again, I don't think he is quite able to manage a cup winning side, but if he can do it this season, more power to him. Once again, maybe you have to feel he's taken the club as far as he is able, and will try for a new challenge elsewhere.

Chance of FA Cup winners, chance of European Soccer - still in the balance - and then Moyes makes a decision when we see what we have at end of season. Seems simple enough.

But he's responsiblle for what we achieve this season....he wants to wait and see what happens and implies it's down to the players...

"I'll give as much as I can, but I've said - and I've spoken with the chairman - that I want to see how the team does."

Which sounds like, "I'll do my best but if we fail it'll be the player's fault."

Who bought the players, picks the team and tells them how to playhuh.png?

I'm a big Moyes fan but I'm a bigger Everton fan....I was for thirty plus years before he joined and (grim reaper willing) I will be for thirty plus years after he goes. The club's bigger than any individual and if he's even thinking about pissing us around then he can fuck off.

But he's responsiblle for what we achieve this season....he wants to wait and see what happens and implies it's down to the players...

Which sounds like, "I'll do my best but if we fail it'll be the player's fault."

Who bought the players, picks the team and tells them how to playhuh.png?

I'm a big Moyes fan but I'm a bigger Everton fan....I was for thirty plus years before he joined and (grim reaper willing) I will be for thirty plus years after he goes. The club's bigger than any individual and if he's even thinking about pissing us around then he can fuck off.

This all over.

I've always said he's a selfish man. He proves it all the time with his comments.

Would he stand for a player fucking us around and holding us to ransom? Would he shite. I'd rather he go now.

Lets see how he does out of the warm bosom of top 4 wages on mid table expectations.

I hope he goes to Chelsea, he can fuck right off. He's towed the party line for as long as he's been paid mega bucks whilst given pennies to spend, now he's giving it the "lets see where we are" line. Whilst fans have slagged the chairman, he's defended him and he's now prepared to leave depending on how his team do...

He won't get away with being mr no nonsense jock under the Russian oligarch - he will do as he's told and like it. Being stubborn didn't help di Matteo despite delivering europes biggest prize.

Some will argue he deserves a big club, I don't think he will prosper. We could be a massive club if the pricks who ran it knew what they were doing.

This may be what the club needs, far too cosy and well suited. Ambitions have been sedated. Those lot across the park nearly go into administration, get new owners, new managers, £35m players because they believe they are big enough, about time we did.

Listen to yourselves, he's the best manager we've had since Kendall in the 80s.

So he's waiting to see how we progress, i think anybody else would be doing the same, to get the best contract that is possible.

He may want some assurances that he will get some money, time will tell and I'm not bothered if waits till the last day to sign the contract.

Nobody around at this time will match his achievements here, for the mention of Laudrup and Martinez read Owen Coyle and Ian Holloway, when they were in the prem they were thought to be the best thing since sliced bread, but they disappeared off the radar very quickly.

I'm happy to stick with Moyes because as that little aussie singer says ...... better the devil you know.

I agree Bill, maybe he's fed up having naff all to spend and considering how he has literally transformed our club maybe he wants to see if he'll get European football next year and if not he might go elsewhere.

He's watched all his star players whose careers he pretty much made walk away into bigger and better things so maybe he's fed up of rebuilding every season.

A lot of people want him gone anyway so I don't know what all the fuss is about.

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

Listen to yourselves, he's the best manager we've had since Kendall in the 80s.

So he's waiting to see how we progress, i think anybody else would be doing the same, to get the best contract that is possible.

He may want some assurances that he will get some money, time will tell and I'm not bothered if waits till the last day to sign the contract.

Nobody around at this time will match his achievements here, for the mention of Laudrup and Martinez read Owen Coyle and Ian Holloway, when they were in the prem they were thought to be the best thing since sliced bread, but they disappeared off the radar very quickly.

I'm happy to stick with Moyes because as that little aussie singer says ...... better the devil you know.

Coyle and Holloway were one hit wonders so to speak. Bolton played very much like us in their first season under Coyle but for some reason they fell apart after that.

Laudrup has tasted relative success with Brondy, Getafe and Mallorca before doing pretty well with Swansea. It was a gamble to see how well he would cope in the Premier League but he has made them tougher to beat and brought in top players to improve them.

Martinez did well with an average Swansea side getting them promoted to the Championship and basically created the foundations of what you see at Swansea today. He has then managed to keep a poor Wigan squad up in the last two seasons out playing a lot of the top clubs in the process (albeit at home). He is tactically astute, loyal and has done very well in the transfer market on a budget.

Them two certainly aren't flash in the pan managers and they in fact had better credentials than Moyes when he got the job at Everton.

The way people go on about moyes you would think he's living in a caravan, using a public phone box and does his correspondence with Royal Mail.

He's been paid mega bucks to sandbag. I don't entirely blame moyes, kenwright and co need to sort their shit out, this club has been for sale for how long now??? This club needs money.

The way people go on about moyes you would think he's living in a caravan, using a public phone box and does his correspondence with Royal Mail.

He's been paid mega bucks to sandbag. I don't entirely blame moyes, kenwright and co need to sort their shit out, this club has been for sale for how long now??? This club needs money.

such a subtle move from talk of the managers contract to having the obligatory dig at the board, even though they managed to provide funds for the manager in January.....

You can quote all the names you like but if Moyes leaves here there is only one way we can go, no other manager can take us any further than where we are now.

If he leaves this summer we will be a bottom ten team in two years, we need a buyer to come in and put some money on the table, nobody can improve us without it.

c'mon Moyesy.

You can quote all the names you like but if Moyes leaves here there is only one way we can go, no other manager can take us any further than where we are now.

If he leaves this summer we will be a bottom ten team in two years, we need a buyer to come in and put some money on the table, nobody can improve us without it.

c'mon Moyesy.

Seeing as you can see into the future, can you tell me tonight's winning lottery numbers while your at it! tongue.png

If Moyes stays on we can go no further. I think he's taken us as far as he is able.

He's had 11 years, some great achievements, lots of plaudits and accolades in way of people saying what a good manager he is, but nothing in the way of anything actually won. He must think about that, and when the season comes to an end, it could well be another year as it is, and may decide it's time to try his hand elsewhere. But the investment issue will always be there, but it's all if, but's and maybe's right now and we have a game underway that could determine a lot of things by end of season so back to that.

c'mon Moyesy.

This

Moyes is just waiting for a better offer to come in - so far it has not -

so he keeps Everton on a string without committing himself because he always has the forever gratefull Everton to fall back on if he does not hit the jackpot -

instead of himself being the stepping stone he has now turned Everton into his stepping stone -

he will leave when it suits him not when it suits Everton

such a subtle move from talk of the managers contract to having the obligatory dig at the board, even though they managed to provide funds for the manager in January.....

TRIED, very apt description of a board that has failed on many levels. Then again to try is to attempt, even that would be generous. We did try to sign shearer once also..,,