Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Etienne Daho

Ticket and Transport questions

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Sure someone will help you.

best of luck in the match, hope you do t turn us over too bad.... again haha!

 

Best of luck for you too, hoping I can get in and watch a good game and enjoying my stay in Liverpool

 

 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

If I was going I'd be happy to help out but I'm not; there's going to be plenty of seats available! Hope you get sorted and good luck for the rest of the competition.

 

I was wandering if someone in this forum with "at least one ticket bought in the past" (this is the ticket rule starting from monday) could get me & my friend 2 tickets near away blocks from everton website

I can pay the tickets with bank transfer, paypal, cash directly in Liverpool, whatever :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dea1907Gio said:

I was wandering if someone in this forum with "at least one ticket bought in the past" (this is the ticket rule starting from monday) could get me & my friend 2 tickets near away blocks from everton website

I can pay the tickets with bank transfer, paypal, cash directly in Liverpool, whatever :) 

Giving it some thought Dea the problem is that if the stewards identify you as an Italian in a "home" seat they will likely take action of some sort; which could have consequences for you and also for the person in whose name you got the ticket, so it might be that you get ejected and the buyer gets banned from future games. Sorry. It's a shame we didn't allocate more tickets to you because (as I said) there will be lots of empty spaces in the ground so it's sad that someone who really wants to be there can't sit in one.

But I'm not willing to take the risk; good luck though and I hope you get to see the game somehow. European nights at Goodison are great and the away support plays a big part in that; unfortunate that this is a dead game for us so it won't be the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MikeO said:
Giving it some thought Dea the problem is that if the stewards identify you as an Italian in a "home" seat they will likely take action of some sort; which could have consequences for you and also for the person in whose name you got the ticket, so it might be that you get ejected and the buyer gets banned from future games. Sorry. It's a shame we didn't allocate more tickets to you because (as I said) there will be lots of empty spaces in the ground so it's sad that someone who really wants to be there can't sit in one.
But I'm not willing to take the risk; good luck though and I hope you get to see the game somehow. European nights at Goodison are great and the away support plays a big part in that; unfortunate that this is a dead game for us so it won't be the same.

I understand your concerns, but the rule does not prohibit for an italian to watch the match in the "home" sits, in fact if I would have bought in the past a ticket for a match (and a couple of years ago I tried to watch a premier league match at goodison park :( ) I wouldn't have any problem, and a steward doesn't know how many ticket in the past I bought or not. The rule is really smart to prevent security problem, I admit, because there will be a lot of Atalanta fans in Liverpool and all (like 5 or 6k) in the "home" sits could be a problem. I'm just trying to find 2 tickets because I know that me I my friend are not a problem, just want to enjoy the historical match for us :)

 

EDIT: I resumed an email of December 2009 where I bought 2 tickets for everton -tottenham match but I asked the refund because the match was postponed form saturday to sunday and I was no more in Liverpool on that day....! :( I will try to ask to Everton if this could be considered a purchase...!

 

 


Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure of you contacted the club, they would class that as a purchase as it wasn’t your fault the match was cancelled. 

Usually Everton have been known as a compassionate club and help where they can...... but you did beat us haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wrote in early morning to box office and receptionPE email, waiting for an answer... :o
In the meantime, if anyone interested in helping me getting the tickets from Everton site please raise a hand :)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wrote in early morning to box office and receptionPE email, waiting for an answer...
In the meantime, if anyone interested in helping me getting the tickets from Everton site please raise a hand

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk


They answered, the tickets are on sale to supporters who already purchased a match from the last two seasons, and it's not the case (2009...)
Pleeease someone help me :(

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone having a spare ticket for the Atalanta game on Thursday November 23rd for me to buy? 

I'm an Everton supporter (since the early '70s) living in Norway - but my last visit to Goodison was in 2010 so I have no previous booking history through the web site. I've already made my other travel arrangements - and had no clue about the special issues regarding the tickets for this game. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Name your price - and I will throw in a pint or two as well :).....
Please e-mail me at geir.rossvoll@gmail.com or gei-ross@online.no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeirR said:

Name your price

I don't think it's a question of price Geir it's a question of risk for anyone who does this. I'm sure you are who and what you say you are but you could conceivably not be and I could be risking my future access to Goodison by helping out. Even if there's only a 0.01% of this happening it's not a risk I'm personally willing to take.

Really sympathise with all you guys though, it's a real shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no problem with your sceptisism MikeO. I would probably have been the same - living in Liverpool and having access to tickets... I am who I am allright - working as software Developer for the Norwegian National Lottery and Betting Company ;).... So I see your point. It was a bit of risk booking the flight and the hotel first - assuming the ticket would be obtainable as we are out of the competition... I will just have to continue trying my Luck up until the time of arriving in Liverpool on the 23rd and the kick-off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there

I am a football fan from Germany and as I'll be in the Merseyside area on the next weekend (arriving thursday afternoon) I was hoping to be able to visit some grounds, Goodison being on top of the list.

Now the Europa League game would have fit just perfectly into my schedule, if it wasn't for those restrictions I jsut got aware of today. I already wrote to the club's box office but they won't make an exception even though I'm not Italian and don't plan to "invade" tthe ground  causing havoc or do anything else of what they probably immagine might happen.

I just want see the stadium. and see a game there, of course

so I try again here: somebody who has a spare or doesn' want to go himself, let me know - no risk involved

best regards from germany!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everybody,

with the friendly request for your help:

I will be in Liverpool for a few days from next Thursday. With a few friends I do a so-called weekend trip. As part of the trip I would like to watch the Europa League match between Everton FC and Atalanta Bergamo live in the stadium.

Unfortunately we can not buy tickets in advance. Also on the evening of the game, there will apparently be no free presale. For this reason, my question, please: Could someone please help me to get tickets for this game, please?

Since we really would like to watch the match live in the stadium, I would be very happy to receive your feedback.

A thousand thanks in advance and best regards

Matthias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought this would be best here if anyone can help 

Going to the game tomorrow and it's an absolute ball ache getting the return from Kirldale to Preston at 22:19 packed to the rafters etc and it's pretty tight time wise so thinking of driving up for the first time 

Are there any car parks within 20mins walking distance that are safe and not got cars packed in bumper to bumper? 

Any recommendations would be appreciated cheers chaps 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, pete0 said:

Rice lane Sainsbury's have a big car park, you'd need to check if they have a time limit or anything though. 

Thanks Pete I think we are going to chance the Walton sports centre now cheers anyway mate I'll keep it in mind if we struggle there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/11/2017 at 17:21, EFC-Paul said:

Any recommendations would be appreciated cheers chaps

I always park in Vernon Sangster, can be a real pain to get out of though. They don't park you bumper to bumper but getting out is a bit like that (realise this will be too late for you Paul 'cos you'll already be there but just thought I'd mention. £9 this season:o.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I always park in Vernon Sangster, can be a real pain to get out of though. They don't park you bumper to bumper but getting out is a bit like that (realise this will be too late for you Paul 'cos you'll already be there but just thought I'd mention. £9 this season:o.

When I worked in the tesco metro on county they used to charge a charity donation of about a fiver. Might be worth trying next time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

When I worked in the tesco metro on county they used to charge a charity donation of about a fiver. Might be worth trying next time. 

Thanks for that Pete; up for Swansea so may give it a go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got on the sports center fine cheers gents supposed to be £7 but clocked the lad saying he had no change so said I only had a tenners and fives 😋 was getting rammed as we walked off so caught it just in time 

Cheers 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, aaron said:

Anyone renewed their season ticket yet? 

The 12 month direct debit worth it?

I haven’t done it yet. Don’t know when I will. 

I used the Direct Debit option once and would never do it again because you’re charged an extra £20 for doing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to make our first trip up this season for the Newcastle game on Dec 5th (evening kick-off makes the logistics easier) but wanting to get best seats possible. As members we get to book a few days before general sale so we'll be able to get them on Nov 5th, question is does anyone know roughly what time of day they're released? Will I need to set the alarm to get the best options or do I just wait for the email notification?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/10/2018 at 16:57, MikeO said:

Decided to make our first trip up this season for the Newcastle game on Dec 5th (evening kick-off makes the logistics easier) but wanting to get best seats possible. As members we get to book a few days before general sale so we'll be able to get them on Nov 5th, question is does anyone know roughly what time of day they're released? Will I need to set the alarm to get the best options or do I just wait for the email notification?

Just me and f5 then I guess:(.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’d guess 8am or 9am. 

Think I'll email or call the box office, but that's about when I was thinking; it'll be just like booking easyJet tickets on release day to get the best price. Our flights for next year's Greece holiday I got for just under £500 early morning and by the evening the same trip was over £1000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MikeO said:

Think I'll email or call the box office, but that's about when I was thinking; it'll be just like booking easyJet tickets on release day to get the best price. Our flights for next year's Greece holiday I got for just under £500 early morning and by the evening the same trip was over £1000.

I don't think the prices rise on the official site, they should be std face value, but you'll want to get the best choice of seats of course.

When I booked our easyJet tickets for Milan Feb half term, they rose by over £500 within half hour of booking them, I think they then drop after the initial panic buying.

Enjoy your trip up, it's a busy December with 3 tough games, plus Liverpool away 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

When I booked our easyJet tickets for Milan Feb half term, they rose by over £500 within half hour of booking them, I think they then drop after the initial panic buying.

Yup they have somewhat, £815 now; and you're right obviously, not looking for cheap seats at Goodison, just the best view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 18:52, Romey 1878 said:

I’d guess 8am or 9am. 

8.00 according to the site so my alarm is set; plumber due at 9.00 so no prob with the "early" start for me (I realise some have to get up earlier every day, used to be 5.30 for me).

So tough to get tickets now, was looking at the Cardiff game earlier and there were exactly six seats left and that's three weeks away. We need that new stadium!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

8.00 according to the site so my alarm is set; plumber due at 9.00 so no prob with the "early" start for me (I realise some have to get up earlier every day, used to be 5.30 for me).

So tough to get tickets now, was looking at the Cardiff game earlier and there were exactly six seats left and that's three weeks away. We need that new stadium!

And not fucking 55K!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Glad you got it sorted, Mike :) 

Email informing me the member's "priority window" was open arrived at 12.58:rolleyes:.

Think this will be the first league game in years when we've not had restricted views, not that they bother me overly because once you're caught up in the game you forget about them (I do anyway). Going to get up really early and be at the hotel by 2.00 so we can have an explore, we're normally just up and back. I've never been to Prince Rupert's Tower for example and we'll probably have a gander at Bramley-Moore Dock as well before hitting The Winslow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr Burns will love me, hotel is up near Aintree so we'll be using Merseyrail from Old Roan to Kirkdale each way. Fares cheaper than parking and no hassle getting out of the car park! No worries over having a few beers either, might even get back to the hotel in time for a nightcap, love it when a plan comes together:). Bit of walking involved but I can live with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to plan a trip over from America for a game at Goodison with my sister.  With our schedule the Man City game on Feb. 23rd works the best but wondering if that game has the chance of being rescheduled due to the fact City is in so many competitions still.  Any thoughts? Is there anywhere online where you can look up the likelihood of games being rescheduled.  Wondering if I should push for the Wolves game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Trying to plan a trip over from America for a game at Goodison with my sister.  With our schedule the Man City game on Feb. 23rd works the best but wondering if that game has the chance of being rescheduled due to the fact City is in so many competitions still.  Any thoughts? Is there anywhere online where you can look up the likelihood of games being rescheduled.  Wondering if I should push for the Wolves game? 

I wouldn't even bank on the Wolves game not being move to be honest. Having said that the City game doesn't have a CL round of matches in the week before it so it won't be shifted other than for TV purposes but you'd probably still need to build in a bit of flexibility: also getting tickets for Wolves will probably be marginally easier. Once the very few left go on general sale for any match you have to be quick to get a half decent seat and the City match will always be tricky. You could invest in membership for the two of you to get priority booking (would need both of you as membership only allows one seat per person).

Alternative, that's been suggested before, is to email the club and tell them you're coming long distance for a "once in a lifetime" visit; I don't know how well this works but worth a try. Good luck and I hope your trip is memorable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2018 at 12:03, MikeO said:

I wouldn't even bank on the Wolves game not being move to be honest. Having said that the City game doesn't have a CL round of matches in the week before it so it won't be shifted other than for TV purposes but you'd probably still need to build in a bit of flexibility: also getting tickets for Wolves will probably be marginally easier. Once the very few left go on general sale for any match you have to be quick to get a half decent seat and the City match will always be tricky. You could invest in membership for the two of you to get priority booking (would need both of you as membership only allows one seat per person).

Alternative, that's been suggested before, is to email the club and tell them you're coming long distance for a "once in a lifetime" visit; I don't know how well this works but worth a try. Good luck and I hope your trip is memorable!

Looks like the Carrabao Cup Final is Feb 24th so if City made it all the way, the game would be moved I am assuming? Maybe I should look for another weekend? Or wait and see if Leicester City pull the upset in mid December?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/12/2018 at 15:43, plaidharper said:

Looks like the Carrabao Cup Final is Feb 24th so if City made it all the way, the game would be moved I am assuming? Maybe I should look for another weekend? Or wait and see if Leicester City pull the upset in mid December?

Yeah, just going to plan for the Wolves game instead and see how that goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to buy three tickets on Stubhub for the Manchester City match in February. I am looking at either Park End or the Paddocks. It is a lot easier to find good tickets if you can live with having two seats in one stand and one seat in anorher stand.

Are all stands totally separated from each other? Or will we be able to ‘meet’ in the half-time if one sits in one of the Paddock stands and the two others in another Paddock stand? And the same with the Park End stands...

/Kasper, Denmark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Kasper Andersen said:

I want to buy three tickets on Stubhub for the Manchester City match in February. I am looking at either Park End or the Paddocks. It is a lot easier to find good tickets if you can live with having two seats in one stand and one seat in anorher stand.

Are all stands totally separated from each other? Or will we be able to ‘meet’ in the half-time if one sits in one of the Paddock stands and the two others in another Paddock stand? And the same with the Park End stands...

/Kasper, Denmark

It's been many years since I sat in the Paddock so I'm not sure if the concourse runs the whole length of the pitch, someone will know, @Paddock?

You certainly won't be able to meet up if you separate between there and the Park End though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crowd control will mean that you can’t meet up. Park End is home only so far as I know so that’s out. 

Juat get what you can for the game and enjoy :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kasper Andersen said:

Thanks for your help 😊Just to be sure: Are Paddock 3, 4, and 5 separated from each other? Hence if one is in P3 and the others in P4 we will not be able to meet up before after the game? 

 

2 hours ago, Kasper Andersen said:

And that is the same for for example Park End 2 and 3?

Can't be 100% certain of the Paddock but I'm pretty sure you'll be OK, Park end no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2019 at 15:27, Kasper Andersen said:

I want to buy three tickets on Stubhub for the Manchester City match in February. I am looking at either Park End or the Paddocks. It is a lot easier to find good tickets if you can live with having two seats in one stand and one seat in anorher stand.

Are all stands totally separated from each other? Or will we be able to ‘meet’ in the half-time if one sits in one of the Paddock stands and the two others in another Paddock stand? And the same with the Park End stands...

/Kasper, Denmark

@MikeO as well..

 

yes no matter where you sit in the Paddock you can walk the whole length of the concourse ( apart from the away end obviously) and Mikes right you wont be able to meet up if you seperate stands unless one sits in the Lower Bullens then you could all meet. Not sure there’s any good specs in the Lower Bullens though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2019 at 17:41, Kasper Andersen said:

Thanks for your help 😊Just to be sure: Are Paddock 3, 4, and 5 separated from each other? Hence if one is in P3 and the others in P4 we will not be able to meet up before after the game? 

It’s just different blocks- we were block 3 which is half way line 4 will we the block to the left of that 2 to the right etc. So if you were in block 1 I was in 3 and Mike for example block 4 we could all meet. It’s just banks of seats with isles between them to walk down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I am an Everton fan living in the US. 
Stubhub sold me two tickets for (then) Feb 23 match against Manchester City fully knowing that match would not take place on that date.
The match was moved forward to February 6. Even knowing that they continued to advertise and sell tickets for Feb 23.
This was not unexpected or force majeure.
They will not refund, they will not even allow me to re-list the tickets (at a lower price) in the EvertonFC - Stubhub site.
Of course I cannot attend.  They are hiding behind legalistic protections when they miss-represented the sale knowingly.  This is really not Ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 When did you buy them, was it before City knew they were in the Carabao final? If so they were entitled to sell them, did you read T+Cs

2 If game has been moved, they should be able to allow you to sell as they are no longer valid for the day you bought them for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

It's happening. First ever Everton game. April 7 v. Arsenal. Now I need your help...

Which seats are best? As this will likely be my only trip for the next 20-30 years I want the full experience. Preference would be birds-eye view in a loud section or as close the pitch as possible in a loud section. Also don't mind standing at all so if there are sections that tend to that I'm in.

I'll be coming in the night before from Newcastle (my brothers team - hopefully we see them stomp palace). What should we do Sunday morning? Best pubs for lunch and drinks before the game?

Thank you all in advance. Words cannot describe how excited I am. The tears are literally flowing just typing this.

Excellent, for the best birds eye views, the main stand and top balcony are best, with seat numbers 85-115 being close to the half way line,, avoid the very back row if possible, they don't have a great view, theres a bit of noise, depending on how well we're playing. The best place for noise is the Gwladys St End, can't help you on the best seats though, others will, as well as the best places for a drink, I go with my 14yr old so beers aren't on my agenda yet. There is the fan zone at the park end for pre match entertainment, there's usually an ex player interviewed, some live music and other stuff, and you can get a beer there also. Dry your eyes and start counting down the sleeps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/02/2019 at 10:59, AlbanyNYToffee said:

It's happening. First ever Everton game. April 7 v. Arsenal. Now I need your help...

Which seats are best? As this will likely be my only trip for the next 20-30 years I want the full experience. Preference would be birds-eye view in a loud section or as close the pitch as possible in a loud section. Also don't mind standing at all so if there are sections that tend to that I'm in.

I'll be coming in the night before from Newcastle (my brothers team - hopefully we see them stomp palace). What should we do Sunday morning? Best pubs for lunch and drinks before the game?

Thank you all in advance. Words cannot describe how excited I am. The tears are literally flowing just typing this.

That's awesome.  Just went to my first game earlier this month against Wolves.  Sat in the Main Stand which had a decent view of both ends.  It was relatively quiet where I sat minus a few moans, some snide comments (that I agreed with) towards the ref from a 5 year old girl who sat behind us (Dad must have taught her well), and when the cat ran onto the field. So if you are looking for loud you might want to take up Wiggytop's suggest of the Gwladys St End.

We ate in the city centre before the game so I cannot help you with food near the stadium.  As for pubs, we hit up The Brick first.  Good atmosphere and full of supporters.  Also had the earlier game on TV which was nice. Then we hit up the Winslow Hotel because I felt like we had too.  Place was packed.  Was replaying some highlights of older games.  Also checked out the Fan zone which does seem like it would be a good place to be if you had people with you who were younger or didn't drink (as Wiggytop mentioned they have various food, drink, and entertainment).  If you get over to the area earlier than we did there are certainly more Everton pubs to check out near the stadium.

Are you there just for the day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Wiggy and Plaid. Yes in and out in 24 hours (10pm-10pm) unfortunately. Staying in City Centre so planning an early morning run to the docks to see Bramley-Moore, quick shower and a taxi over to Stanley Park where i'll find the first watering hole and have a few pints. 

 

Anyone have tips for Gwladys St End tickets and pubs close to Goodison?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...