IGNORED

Eating, Drinking & Cooking Thread.

Zoo

Apparently it's supposed to cause severe depression if consumed too many, but it's a bit damn late for that.

ย 

Just pretend that you're drinking something else to numb the pain.

ย 

Has anyone tried putting pepper on toast by the way? It's given me some good results...

Just done the weekly shop and picked up some top stuff, salmon I think was picked up for tonight which I'm not too fond of but I'll try and make it nicer with some chilli or some pepper (any ideas for salmon?). Anyway it's that for tonight and some loin steak for tomorrow's lunch which is really nice.

ย 

Has anyone tried Madeira cake too? That's bloody lovely stuff.

I went into the pound bakery the other day, I saw some cake that was on the top shelf and labelled as ยฃ3 even though it was the same size as the others. I asked the woman who worked there (it turned out she was the owner) "How come that cake is ยฃ3 when everything else is ยฃ1 ?" She replied "That's madeira cake".

ย 

Boom. Tish.

For the benefit of this here thread, a can of diet pepsi at this moment.

ย 

Did J not teach you anything?!

ย 

Anyway its soup for me at the moment. Chicken blended in with a loada other stuff to give it flavour, quite nice on a cold day such as today. Seeing as I'll be travelling later I may pick up a Burger King though, it's been months since I had one and they're bloody lovely.

Anyway its soup for me at the moment. Chicken blended in with a loada other stuff to give it flavour...

ย 

My wife makes the world's best chicken soup...recipe handed down from her Jewish mother (also cures all ills.....known as "Jewish penicillin"tongue.png ).

Just eaten a couple of Belvita biscuits......boring, been on a bit of a health run for the last week steering clear of sweet stuff and all that bollocks but seriously craving a Chinese tonight!!

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Damn it!

ย 

ย 

Anyone tried this? It's fucking amazing.

ย 

FRANCESINHA1.jpg

ย 

called a Francesinha.

YES!!

ย 

There is a Portuguese restaurant called Cafรฉ Porto on Rodney Street. They'll be showing Malaga-Porto on Wednesday and cooking Francesinhas!

ย 

Every time I go back to Portugal I eat at least one francesinha tongue.png Haven't gone there for over a year though sadly.

YES!!

ย 

There is a Portuguese restaurant called Cafรฉ Porto on Rodney Street. They'll be showing Malaga-Porto on Wednesday and cooking Francesinhas!

ย 

Every time I go back to Portugal I eat at least one francesinha tongue.png Haven't gone there for over a year though sadly.

Do they serve it all the time or just when Porto are playing?

They don't have it on the menu so I think it'll probably be for this game only. Don't even think they served it for the first leg a couple of weeks ago.

ย 

They do cook some Portuguese dishes on request only so they'd probably cook it for you if you contacted them in advance.

Edited by Fearthainn

They don't have it on the menu so I think it'll probably be for this game only. Don't even think they served it for the first leg a couple of weeks ago.

ย 

They do cook some Portuguese dishes on request only so they'd probably cook it for you if you contacted them in advance.

Thanks Fearthainn, I might pop down after payday and try it out.