IGNORED

Wrestling talk

Finn balor

Yeah mate big fan myself, agree with you on Mania I reckon I can already see the results. Cena, Undertaker, and Triple H will all win. Can see Del Rio winning then Ziggler cashing in and winning. All stuff we've seen before, nothing too exciting.

I couldn't even name about 90 per cent of the wrestlers in the WWE today, gave up watching back in around 2004. I realize the Undertaker is still involved (damn fucking boring when you know Calloway is going to win every Wrestlemania match), and Triple H, Orton and one or two of the old faces are still participating. Just not the same with greats like Benoit, Guerrero or even Austin no longer involved. My favorite periods would have been in the early 1990s and 2000s but it's nothing like I remember it now.

Shield I hope will keep winning, I've really enjoyed what they've been doing so far. I think they'll be alright in terms of the future, whilst big stars are hard to come by they've found some decent ones in recent times e.g. Sheamus, Ryback, Del Rio, Ziggler, etc.

the shield are new stars? ambrose and rollins will be good solo stars..reigns is just another big man who will fail like big zeke an mason ryan..i enjoy it but i don't like the importance of mic skills to be a good star...although contradicting that kind of i love listening to ambrose

The Shield are "new stars" the first in ages, i agree about Reigns he has the Vince look but doesnt have the mic skills. The shield need to be evolved, give each an identity and put them in single matches. Ambrose is the stand out by far, he could be a legend

Who's Reigns and Ambrose ?

I've been away too long.

Saw a bit of TNA a day or two ago and it's fucking awful. Seems like an elephants graveyard for former wrestling names and household names and it was pitiful to watch. Sad to see past names like Sting and Hulk Hogan wasting their time on that garbage 'entertainment'

Who's Reigns and Ambrose ?

I've been away too long.

Saw a bit of TNA a day or two ago and it's fucking awful. Seems like an elephants graveyard for former wrestling names and household names and it was pitiful to watch. Sad to see past names like Sting and Hulk Hogan wasting their time on that garbage 'entertainment'

Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose along with Seth Rollins make up a stable known as The Shield. Basically a heel stable who have been targeting various top stars in WWE, essentially looking for what they call justice. They've got a bit of an NWO feel to them, but unlike the NWO these guys are all quite young and new to WWE and hopefully will go on to be top stars in the company.

Agree with you on TNA. They do have some decent talent, guys like Bobby Roode, AJ Styles, Austin Aries etc along with active legends like Rob Van Dam and Kurt Angle but at the end of the day it's got nothing on WWE.

Just watched Raw, pretty good triple threat match for the IC title. On another note, the whole HHH and Lesnar thing really didn't do it for me. Especially now with his career on the line, can't see Hunter losing this one as I think he'll at the very least continue until next year.

Also feel as though the tag team title match between Team Hell No and Ziggler and Big-E Langston should be expanded to have four tag teams in it, and I'd include Team Rhodes Scholars and The New Age Outlaws in the equation.

Lesnar's back in the WWE ? last I saw he was involved in cage fighting or something, and had left the wrestling industry years ago.

Some of the wrestling names today are ridiculous. Prefered it at the time when you could just watch Ric Flair, or Hogan, or Shawn Michaels or British Bulldog, but they're really getting more damn absurd by each year now.

Never liked it when they brought in the 'world heavyweight' title also, as it takes away the glory of being the actual WWE champion I feel. There's simply too many belts and titles involved now.

Read today that Wrestlemania 2013, which is about 28 or 29 now, I haven't been keeping up and lost interest years ago, but the thing is, apparently they're going to let the Undertaker lose for the first time ever (to CM Punk) and I just can't see that occuring. Calloway's been undefeated since 1991 at this event, and has won every year since, and I can't believe they're going to let the undefeated streak go. It would be a real surprise if they altered it now, but it is damn boring when he gets a victory every damn year at this event. Maybe a change, wouldn't be so bad, but can't see this occuring.

The Rock will defend against Cena for the WWE Title apparently, but even if I had the opportunity to watch, I don't think I even would. Just been too long a gap between when last watching or had a proper interest.

Live from East Rutherford New Jersey this year. April 7

Lesnar has returned but not on a full time schedule. He's technically retired from MMA fighting but I could see him going back at some point.

I highly doubt that Undertaker will lose to CM Punk this year, let alone anybody at any Wrestlemania in the future. Think Cena will beat Rock due to him losing in the same match at the same event last year.

He (Lesnar) should never have left in the first place, but I think he was too dominant in the end. Simply too intimidating and his power in the ring simply gave most other opponents little chance of result. Wish I could watch again now he's back as I thought he was a great character wrestler, but as before, there's too much gap in time and I lost interest long ago.

You're probably right in that Undertaker won't be beaten. They merely thought about it or considered, but for the good of the name of the event, I don't think they'll ever let him be defeated. It's about 21-0 on the streak now, and while it would make for a welcome change, it can't see it happening either. He must be about ready to retire by now.

The entrances are great, even if they do take longer than the fucking matches themselves more often than not, and it's far better than that awful 'american bad ass' gimmick from 10 years ago. This is the Undertaker that many will know and love.

5. Triple H vs Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels WM20

4. Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels WM21

3. Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker WM25

2. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock WM17

1. The Rock vs Hulk Hogan WM18

How about you guys, Trev and Dalziel?

I can't remember what Mania numbers they were but from a techinal standpoint<br />5.Tables ladders and chairs - Edge & Christian V Hardys V Dudleys( set the standard for stunt matches)<br />4.Michaels V Taker 1st match (Great storytelling)<br />3.Angle V Micheals (Two of the best of all time IMO Shawn for sure)<br />2.Micheals V Ramon (amazing at the time)<br />1.Austin V Hart ( Austin bladed when he wasnt supposed to and the double turn worked perfectly)<br /><br />Top five just for emotion and sentiment<br />5.Piper V Hart( loved the ending with the roll up off the buckle)<br />4.Savage V Flair (great build up with story line with Elizabeth)<br />3.Benoit v HHH V Micheals (Benoit was a machine and proved a guy could "get over" with his work ethic.<br />2. Austin v Rock (not the one when Austin turns but so many near falls made it epic)<br />1. Warrior Vs Savage( Proved in one night how good Savage was that he carried The Warrior to his best match ever)

The first was Wrestlemania X7 (2001), the 2nd TLC match, and it was incredible. Many that night thought it was probably the greatest event of the evening.

I don't remember which Wrestlemania was Michaels and Undertaker, but there was another, hell in a cell they did, which is to this day one of the most talked about matches of the history of the industry. I remember Razon Ramon and HBK, but was that Wrestlemania ? Thought it was another event.

Savage and Flair was 1992 in Indianapolis. Savage won for the title. Benoit, Triple H and HBK was 2004. Benoit won the match to be World Heavyweight champion.

Austin and the Rock (III) was 2003, two years after the last match-up. Austin won that night too if I remember. I don't quite recall the last, but could well be 1991, as Warrior thought, fault, fort, I've forgotten how to spell the damn word, - battled - with Hogan the year before and Savage with Flair the year after.

Hope that helped you out

The first was Wrestlemania X7 (2001), the 2nd TLC match, and it was incredible. Many that night thought it was probably the greatest event of the evening.

I don't remember which Wrestlemania was Michaels and Undertaker, but there was another, hell in a cell they did, which is to this day one of the most talked about matches of the history of the industry. I remember Razon Ramon and HBK, but was that Wrestlemania ? Thought it was another event.

Savage and Flair was 1992 in Indianapolis. Savage won for the title. Benoit, Triple H and HBK was 2004. Benoit won the match to be World Heavyweight champion.

Austin and the Rock (III) was 2003, two years after the last match-up. Austin won that night too if I remember. I don't quite recall the last, but could well be 1991, as Warrior thought, fault, fort, I've forgotten how to spell the damn word, - battled - with Hogan the year before and Savage with Flair the year after.

Hope that helped you out

All spot on except for Rock and Austin, Rock won the third battle in 2003 with Austin winning the first two in 1999 and 2001.

Michaels and Undertaker had back to back Wrestlemania matches at 25 (2009) and 26 (2010). Michaels' career was on the line in 2010, hence him being retired now.

I remember you saying you were in the audience for Wrestlemania X-Seven Dalziel, what was the crowd and atmosphere like on the night?

Think the original hell in the cell was "Bad Blood" ppv where Kane debuted. Mania is going to be awful this year. At least they got the hall of fame right this year. For me they should have the Money in the Bank at Mania and not make it a ppv.

Think the original hell in the cell was "Bad Blood" ppv where Kane debuted. Mania is going to be awful this year. At least they got the hall of fame right this year. For me they should have the Money in the Bank at Mania and not make it a ppv.

Agree with you but unfortunately, WWE won't put it back at Wrestlemania until next year. The reason is no doubt due to the success of Money in the Bank 2011, which in my opinion was easily the best PPV of this era and deserves a place to be called one of the best they've ever done. Last years wasn't very good and if the same thing happens this year then I can see it going back to Mania.

Attendance in 2001 was just under 68,000 from what I remember. I think it was the highest turn out since a previous event at the Silverdome in Detroit, but they had around 93,000 for that. Had a decent view of events, despite being some way back from the ring itself. A lot more fortunate that those further back, but there was several large screens around the arena for the benefit of those being further away from the action. Atmosphere was, you had to be there to experience it, but I actually enjoyed the 1992 event more. They did a gimmick battle royal with past names like Sergeant Slaughter, Repo Man and the Iron Shiek, but most people didn't seem interested in that.

Can't really comment on what has occured in the most recent years as I only ever watched up until around 2004, then lost interest for the most part. I haven't seen an elimination chamber or money in the back match yet, as they've only been recently introduced. Too many damn match types now

You saw it ?

Yes, Hillbillly Jim was involved, as was Earthquake, The One Man Gang, Duke the Dumpster, Jim Cornette and Kamala to name but a few. It was a crazy event. Most people just moved around and went to restrooms or to purchase beverages rather than stay and watch. This usually occurs when the WWE womens title is decided too. One or two events on the card usually lack interest