IGNORED

Wrestling talk

Finn balor

He has been caught in possession of Heroin in the past so maybe it was an overdose. Very sad he wrestled for New Japan last month so he may have had a future.

To lighten the mood what were your favourite all time characters? I started watching wrestling around 1990 and have gone through the rubbish times and attitude era/monday night war madness.

1.Mankind - when he first debuted as a heel his promos were amazing.

2.Chris Jericho - when he was in WCW and did "the man with 1001 holds" gimmick when he fueded with Malenko.

3.Raven - Ecw the former Jonny Polo came out with a new look as Raven and his promos were different to anything else around. Not bad in WCW in a mid card role.

4.Kurt Angle - Apart from an amazing worker he was so talented on the mic and his promos with Austin were probably the funniest thing ive seen as a fan.

5. Edge & Christian - during the attitude era their 5 second poses and Bill and Ted like conversations were awesome.

6. Taker - Obvious reasons.

7.Doink - The original Doink Matt Bourne character was dark and i thought he played the part amazingly. Top worker aswell.

8. Brian Pillman - when he left WCW he had a short spell in ECW and his promos were legendary. Unfortunately he wrecked his ankle in a car crash and then went to WWF and the character was watered down.

9.Million Dollar Man - just loved his laugh and he was a great character and wrestler.

10.Hakushi - wasted in WWF at the time but his look was really cool.

Ive probably missed loads but love to know what everybody elses are

Edited by Tricky Trev

Ultimate Warrior was my favourite. Man Kind was fun, and the Undertaker was cool, although the Paul Bearer stuff was bollocks. Out of the big two in the 90's I preferred Bret Hart as I hated all the Shawn Michaels boasting. The Smoking Gunns were a good duo, but didn't get much coverage.

Special mention for when Ken Shamrock joined as he is a real fighter although he became boring after a couple of years in WWF.

I used to love it when they did weeks of promos building up to a new star so you couldnt wait for him to debut. Razor Ramon was a mint one, Sid Justice was another

Ramon was Scott Hall, and was a much better wrestler than his NWO character. Great match with HBK a few years ago, one of the best ever, many say to this day. Justice worked better as a heel, although the turn on Hogan was hardly unexpected.

Favorites from the day would include Bret Hart, Bruno Sammartino, Harley Race, Cactus Jack and Chris Benoit.

It's a real pity what occured to the latter

Benoit was a machine, i loved him back in the day as Pegasus Kid in Japan, unfortunately he did what Tom Billington did and twatted the juice. In the ring Benoit was my favourite

Ramon was Scott Hall, and was a much better wrestler than his NWO character. Great match with HBK a few years ago, one of the best ever, many say to this day. Justice worked better as a heel, although the turn on Hogan was hardly unexpected.

Favorites from the day would include Bret Hart, Bruno Sammartino, Harley Race, Cactus Jack and Chris Benoit.

It's a real pity what occured to the latter

ladder match?

Whats Vince gonna do after Mania? Once Rocks gone who will Cena fued with? Brock only works a few dates a year and everybody else Cena has "buried" he truly is awful in every aspect unless selling Merch is counted. The first thing i would do after Cena wins the belt is have him defend it once and then write him out of the storylines for at least six months. In that time Vince can build new stars without having "Super Cena" wreck them by his stupid comebacks and no selling.I would have Orton beat him which would allow "money" matches against Punk,Lesnar,and even the Rock if he wants to. I would get the World title on Ziggler and give him a long title run. I would turn Kingston heel, promote Bray Wyatt and his family from NXT aswell as Adrian Neville, Kassius Ohno and Summer Rae and Paige to Raw or Smackdown. Sign MVP back who has just finished with New Japan and give the shield members single matches and build their own identities especially Ambrose. Bit of a ramble but hey ho

Whats Vince gonna do after Mania? Once Rocks gone who will Cena fued with? Brock only works a few dates a year and everybody else Cena has "buried" he truly is awful in every aspect unless selling Merch is counted. The first thing i would do after Cena wins the belt is have him defend it once and then write him out of the storylines for at least six months. In that time Vince can build new stars without having "Super Cena" wreck them by his stupid comebacks and no selling.I would have Orton beat him which would allow "money" matches against Punk,Lesnar,and even the Rock if he wants to. I would get the World title on Ziggler and give him a long title run. I would turn Kingston heel, promote Bray Wyatt and his family from NXT aswell as Adrian Neville, Kassius Ohno and Summer Rae and Paige to Raw or Smackdown. Sign MVP back who has just finished with New Japan and give the shield members single matches and build their own identities especially Ambrose. Bit of a ramble but hey ho

I wasn't even aware of the above names, but as before, it's been a good eight years since I last had a proper interest. Why would the Rock leave ? He's only just returned ? Lesnar coming back was a surprise but how long will that continue. Read the above again and feel a little out of depth here. It's nothing like I remember it. It was much better 10 or 12 years ago, when you had familiar names and only the WWF/E title to go for, and now there's about four or five new belts and all kinds of crazy match types. Maybe just as well I lost interest when I did

I can't even remember when he won the title. May have been Royal Rumble, in fact sure it was, but that would have been in January. Can't believe he hasn't been involved since. Not a name I ever really liked, all that 'people's champion' shit really got on the nerves after a while, but he was a big factor in bringing about the attitude era, which was probably one of the best times to watch the (then) WWF

rock is there sporadically..not had a match since winning the title i don't think?

He defended it against CM Punk at Elimination Chamber. As for after Mania, I'd love it if The Rock retained his title, Cena turned heel and then won it at Extreme Rules. Almost no chance of that happening, more likely Cena wins and stays face. CM Punk is apparently taking time off after Mania and I've heard Orton is turning heel so that may open the door for a Orton/Cena feud. In short nothing we haven't seen before and no doubt going round in circles.

Used to watch TNA on Challenge (unable to watch WWE) and in the end just got fed up with it. They had all the past names from wrestling such as Kurt Angle, Hogan and Sting involved, but it was a poor show. Having goddamn commercials every ten minutes didn't help either. Haven't watched a show for about a year and a half now. Just got too angry and bored with it all in the end, no sense in lying. It was like an elephants graveyard for former names of the industry just having one last hurrah or seeing out the twilights of their careers, for the most part. Annoying presenters and match hosts just about did it in the end.

He defended it against CM Punk at Elimination Chamber. As for after Mania, I'd love it if The Rock retained his title, Cena turned heel and then won it at Extreme Rules. Almost no chance of that happening, more likely Cena wins and stays face. CM Punk is apparently taking time off after Mania and I've heard Orton is turning heel so that may open the door for a Orton/Cena feud. In short nothing we haven't seen before and no doubt going round in circles.

A heel Cena would be fresh but isnt going to happen i would put him in a fued with Ryback after Mania just because we have seen every fued before with him. Orton will probably turn heel on Shameus at Mania which is a good thing but WWE needs another good face to promote the company maybe Ziggler in 12 months?

What did everyone think of mania? Here's my ratings out of 10:

Shield vs Orton, Sheamus, Big show 6.5

Henry vs Ryback 5

Team hell no vs Ziggler and Langston 6.5

Fandango vs Jericho 6

Alberto Del Rio vs Swagger 6

CM Punk vs Undertaker 9

HHH vs Lesnar 8

Rock vs Cena 8.5

Didnt get it this year due to the card looking very weak and predictable and it seems it was. I got burned paying for the Rumble which was was awful aswell. Cant believe Lesnar who is on the most lucrative contract in history got beat again what was the point of that? Raw should be the place they start things up again and the crowd is always lively as people that travelled to Mania stick around to watch Raw live. Cena should get booed out of the building which is always good. Theres talk of RVD coming back which i hope isnt the case

Can't get Sky Sports, and maybe wouldn't even watch if given the chance. Don't even recognize about 85 per cent of todays wrestling names, although 'Taker was involved again, and there was The Rock and Cena also. Don't have nothing like the enthusiasm there once was.

Van Dam coming back wouldn't be a surprise as TNA is shit and I wouldn't blame him for wanting out of that. Surprised Angle is still wasting his time over there.