IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

The shite could finish more than 41 points in front of us how have we managed to fall that far behind ? and even more worrying how do we bridge that gap ?

That’s another 14 wins more in a season it’s quite a sobering thought to realise that I will probably never see us win the league again in my life time, Jesus I’m gutted and have just ruined my Sunday with that thought 🥵🥵🥵

But I love this club as much as life it’s self and the people who call themselves Evertonians and that’s all that really matters, but I would dearly love to see us lift that trophy 🏆 one more time before it’s my time to go. 

25 minutes ago, StevO said:

Closing the gap on Liverpool and City? That’s a completely different level, right now I wouldn’t even be thinking about that. Maybe a win against them, but getting close to anyone at that level is years away for us. 

😩

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

😩

I’m feeling the same pain Palfy. I hated City for a long time, everything they stand for, empty stadium when top of the league, booing the CL music, completely plastic club. But them lot across the park have had me watching every City game, willing them to win. I’m feeling sick every weekend at the prospect of Liverpool winning the league, and then having to want City to win it instead. 🤮

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

The shite could finish more than 41 points in front of us how have we managed to fall that far behind ? and even more worrying how do we bridge that gap ?

That’s another 14 wins more in a season it’s quite a sobering thought to realise that I will probably never see us win the league again in my life time, Jesus I’m gutted and have just ruined my Sunday with that thought 🥵🥵🥵

But I love this club as much as life it’s self and the people who call themselves Evertonians and that’s all that really matters, but I would dearly love to see us lift that trophy 🏆 one more time before it’s my time to go. 

If you want to know how they have managed to get that far ahead look no further than the PGMOL and the FA, yesterday was another perfect example of the corrupt agenda to make them Champions

If VAR was in this season they wouldn’t even be in the title race

8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If you want to know how they have managed to get that far ahead look no further than the PGMOL and the FA, yesterday was another perfect example of the corrupt agenda to make them Champions

If VAR was in this season they wouldn’t even be in the title race

Never used to hate them this much.... unbearable now. 

If I had to sum this season up I would say, another season that promised so much but failed to deliver, the last quarter did improve especially against teams we wouldn’t expect to get something from, but the teams we would expect to get a result from we some how messed up. 

I would like to think we can take the end of this season into next and add to it with a couple of good signings, but if we can’t get Gomes and Zouma especially Zouma our progress could go backwards they will both be big misses and could prove hard to replace over the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

For me this season has delivered exactly what it promised. 

A season of transition whereby we’d have a rough patch or two and also get some brilliant results. Our football would improve but there’d be teething problems and we’d struggle implementing some of our plans. 

This was a season of learning - finding out which players would work in what Marco (and Marcel) wants this team to be, finding out what problems we need to fix to make it all work.

I’m pleased with the season when taken as a whole and can see the progression. I hope for a bigger progression next season though and I’m excited to see what we’ll do this summer. 

Very well put but I still can’t help thinking we should have achieved more, do you feel that if we can’t secure Gomes and Zouma we stand more chance of taking a backwards step than a forward one, they both played pivotal roles and trying to replace them is going to be hard with a further bedding in of their replacements, if we could get them I would feel a lot more positive about next season. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Very well put but I still can’t help thinking we should have achieved more, do you feel that if we can’t secure Gomes and Zouma we stand more chance of taking a backwards step than a forward one, they both played pivotal roles and trying to replace them is going to be hard with a further bedding in of their replacements, if we could get them I would feel a lot more positive about next season. 

That may be the case but I’m going to trust in Brands and Silva that if we can’t keep those two that they’ll bring in other targets that will offset their loss. They’ve earned that faith with the signings we’ve made so far. 

17 hours ago, Palfy said:

My only worry as well. Zouma and Keane formed a great partnership, and Gomes bossed the midfield most games. Both are definitely good enough for top 4 sides in my opinion, which are the type of players we should be acquiring and holding onto.

21 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

That may be the case but I’m going to trust in Brands and Silva that if we can’t keep those two that they’ll bring in other targets that will offset their loss. They’ve earned that faith with the signings we’ve made so far. 

I wholeheartedly agree Brands will be making plans for all eventualities. 

One of the best things about Brands and Silva's appointments is that we appear to have a management team that have a coherent strategy, which I know will include plan B and probably C and D as well.

I am genuinely optimistic  about this transfer window, with the caveat that we can shift the excess players to free up the wage budget.

10 minutes ago, London Blue said:

One of the best things about Brands and Silva's appointments is that we appear to have a management team that have a coherent strategy, which I know will include plan B and probably C and D as well.

I am genuinely optimistic  about this transfer window, with the caveat that we can shift the excess players to free up the wage budget.

First time in a long time.