IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

6 minutes ago, Louis said:

Li Tie is now China's manager and Brian McBride is now involved with the USA national team https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2020/01/brian-mcbride-named-general-manager-of-us-mens-national-team

Always loved McBride. He always gave his all. Doubt he'll any impact on the US team though. We're in shambles at the moment (much like Everton).

2 hours ago, StevO said:

To add a bit of perspective, we aren’t a shambles. 

Chelsea win

United draw
Arsenal draw

Burnley win

Newcastle win

City lost

Until that shit show at Anfield we weren’t doing badly at all. We lost a really embarrassing match, it hurt but we need to move on. 

I completely agree. I was embarrassed last week at Anfield and it hurt a lot. The atmosphere was superb to start with but it ended up as toxic as I’ve seen it in a long while. I’m hoping we get behind the team today I certainly will be there as a supporter today and I hope there isn’t the negativity I’m concerned about as it won’t help the side in the long run. It’s not they don’t know themselves that they were pitiful last week as well as being told by the fans, media, pundits and I’m sure management. If I was a player last week I don’t know if it would have been between staying on the pitch or seeing big Dunc in the dressing room. 

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

BBC...

"Since the start of last season, only Liverpool (15) have kept more home clean sheets in the Premier League than Everton (14)."

Not bad for a side with a shite defence.

Now someone will ruin that by bringing up goals scored comparisons, I’ll get back to you all in a minute 😉

45 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Better question, how many would we have had with a different manager from the start. Silva pissed up another good year for top 4.

Yes he did, but Carlo wasn’t available until a few weeks ago, who would you have had at the start of the season who was available?

Deloitte Money League Results are out for 2019-2020 and Everton are still in the top 20

Top 20

1. Barcelona €840.8m
2. Real Madrid €757.3m
3. Manchester United €711.5m
4. Bayern Munich €660.1m
5. Paris Saint-Germain €635.9m
6. Manchester City €610.6m
7. Liverpool €604.7m
8. Tottenham €521.1m
9. Chelsea €513.1m
10. Juventus €459.7m
11. Arsenal €445.6m
12. Borussia Dortmund €377.1m
13. Atletico Madrid €367.6m
14. Inter Milan €364.6m
15. Schalke €324.8m
16. Roma €231m
17. Lyon €220.8m
18. West Ham €216.4m
19. Everton €213m
20. Napoli €207.4m

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

West Ham in there courtesy of their stadium. There's no way they are as valuable as us without that. Let's see where we are in 5 years after the stadium is built. Much closer to or even in top 10

Think we'll likely drop out/down next year, dependent on final position and any transfer funds.

7 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

We do need to sell some players. Whatever we can recoup from player sales will help, even if it is just to cut some losses. We paid the best part of £30m for Tosun, if we can sell him for £20m then it's a £10m loss but that's better than a £30m outlay on a player who doesn't play.

Same with many other players. If we can get half our money back it would help to cut those losses

I’m not a finance guy by any means, but whenever I’ve seen a commitment that’s not paying back in the business environment, FICO will always look forward to justify a loss by saying things like “sure it’s not worked out, and we’ll take a hit the the past, but if the contract was seen through we would’ve even lost more so actually we’re saving/breaking even on the near future”

10 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

We do need to sell some players. Whatever we can recoup from player sales will help, even if it is just to cut some losses. We paid the best part of £30m for Tosun, if we can sell him for £20m then it's a £10m loss but that's better than a £30m outlay on a player who doesn't play.

Same with many other players. If we can get half our money back it would help to cut those losses

Yes we do. But making a loss on players - and so many players at that - will mean our transfer budget takes a hit. Brands says so himself, don't expect the club to be going after the £60m players. 

11 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Reading elsewhere I've seen suggestions that we can expect much better reports due to player trading next year as some outgoings have not been counted this year.

Once planning permission is passed then around £45m in losses currently can be written off for the acquisition and development of Bramley Moore Docks. That's a significant chunk.

That aside, let's not forget that Moshiri has now pumped in approx £350m to the club and we have around £9m in outstanding debt. We are effectively in debt to Moshiri for all that so let's hope he doesn't get cold feet hey 

If he does get cold feet, he'll not take a loss and any payments / debt will be included in any sales price. 

14 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

As to be expected. Positive is the net debt is down to 9m now.  In the bill days it was mortgaged to the hilt.  Glad it’s super low now.  Granted it’s moshiri loans but he’s the owner so he’s invested.

It’s a loan not an investment if it was an investment it would belong to the club. 

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i said he's invested in the club.  he wants to see it succeed just like roman at chelsea with all he's loaned them.  

So far the only comparison to Chelsea is he’s loaned the club £350 million to improve the squad then all comparisons end. 
Which is a massive bummer.