IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Squad value £200m more or less http://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-everton/startseite/verein/29

Goodison is worth between 7-10m

28.1m profit last year with debt halved from 2013 to 28m with more TV money coming our way.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-tv-rights-money-distribution/

Add all that together and subtract a stadium cost, 225m sounds "reasonable" to me

The squad value you've listed is in Euro. Basing the sale of a club on current squad value isn't a realistic way of doing it.Players prices fluctuate far to quickly with age, injuries & form etc! There is absolutely no way we're worth £225m with stadium we have.

The squad value you've listed is in Euro. Basing the sale of a club on current squad value isn't a realistic way of doing it.Players prices fluctuate far to quickly with age, injuries & form etc! There is absolutely no way we're worth £225m with stadium we have.

So it is, I've corrected my post. Didn't realise the exchange rate was still so bad!

I'm not basing it on the squad value alone. But they absolutely are assests in a market that continues to sell higher and higher. If you buy a car dealership (you're welcome, Haf :P) with the models on the shop floor included, you'd count them as some value because you can sell them on. Same principle at a high level.

On top of that, you're talking about TV deals that have gone through the roof in the last few years, and even if they did stay at the 5Bn a year for the foreseeable, thats a ridiculous amount of income per year which on it's own could pay for a new stadium in under 10 years.

Then, provided our new marketing guys aren't complete imbeciles like Elstone, you add mass marketing and get new deals which increase revenue even further.

We have the potential to be a very rich club.

So it is, I've corrected my post. Didn't realise the exchange rate was still so bad!

I'm not basing it on the squad value alone. But they absolutely are assests in a market that continues to sell higher and higher. If you buy a car dealership (you're welcome, Haf :P) with the models on the shop floor included, you'd count them as some value because you can sell them on. Same principle at a high level.

On top of that, you're talking about TV deals that have gone through the roof in the last few years, and even if they did stay at the 5Bn a year for the foreseeable, thats a ridiculous amount of income per year which on it's own could pay for a new stadium in under 10 years.

Then, provided our new marketing guys aren't complete imbeciles like Elstone, you add mass marketing and get new deals which increase revenue even further.

We have the potential to be a very rich club.

My friend, I'd hand deliver it but i'd end up high fiving you with a chair, to the face.

So here you go....

f3e4a6bf0efdfa8c319d7d4949ffce4c.jpg?dd=

Black and white. Classic arc. Simple explosion. Proper Boom.

Edited by Lowensda

The clubs worth that because Matt says so? The guy who can't differentiate £'s and s lol

Forget the TV money that's only going one way and if you can't see that you've got no hope.... A huge bartering tool for Agents it will soon be gone.

At that figure we're looking at £425m investment (with stadium) to buy us out and set us on the way. Completely unrealistic for a club of our ilk

Edited by MC11

The clubs worth that because Matt says so? The guy who can't differentiate £'s and s lol

Forget the TV money that's only going one way and if you can't see that you've got no hope.... A huge bartering tool for Agents it will soon be gone.

At that figure we're looking at £425m investment (with stadium) to buy us out and set us on the way. Completely unrealistic for a club of our ilk

mc i posted the transfermarkt value, you have posted before how you think they are pretty solid in their valuations of players.

look fulham sold for 200m and then dropped. we are a mid-table to upper midtable side, a new owner doesn't have to fear the drop and loss of investment. a new stadium isn't a big deal really, the new owner would own it and make gobs of money off that as well. with the new TV deals Everton could become a cash cow for someone. Not only that but we have a rich history that these millionaire/billionaire's would love to brag about at the country club.

Fulham's stadium must be one of the most valuable just by it's location. How much would that land be worth?

Transfermarkt values are just numbers. They are set by people just like us and often not updated for a long time. With assets like that a reasonable idea would be to estimate the value and divide by at least two. Consider someone like Lukaku, who in Transfermarkt is considered our most valuable player at 28 million: he could be injured, or he could simply sit out his contract. What value would he then be? Leeds thought back around the turn of the century that even they overspend they at least have the assets on the pitch. But they found out it's not enough if you set them a price, someone needs to be willing to pay it. And that's why it's foolish to think a buyer will look at Transfermarkt and consider that sum.

And even if the club could sell players with a reasonably high price, so what? They would need to be replaced or the squad would get worse, which would lead to worse finishing positions which would mean less money. It's not like the players are surplus that can be sold. The real value lies in how the club has been doing and potential to improve (both on and off it).

Fulham's stadium must be one of the most valuable just by it's location. How much would that land be worth?

Transfermarkt values are just numbers. They are set by people just like us and often not updated for a long time. With assets like that a reasonable idea would be to estimate the value and divide by at least two. Consider someone like Lukaku, who in Transfermarkt is considered our most valuable player at 28 million: he could be injured, or he could simply sit out his contract. What value would he then be? Leeds thought back around the turn of the century that even they overspend they at least have the assets on the pitch. But they found out it's not enough if you set them a price, someone needs to be willing to pay it. And that's why it's foolish to think a buyer will look at Transfermarkt and consider that sum.

And even if the club could sell players with a reasonably high price, so what? They would need to be replaced or the squad would get worse, which would lead to worse finishing positions which would mean less money. It's not like the players are surplus that can be sold. The real value lies in how the club has been doing and potential to improve (both on and off it).

mate you obviously do not work in finance. they are only looking at perceived value compared to actual value compared to potential value. this is driven by balance sheets. the scenario you list above would only be if Carlos Slim (richest man in the world) wanted an english football club and didn't give a shit about investment/asset management in which case we don't want them as an owner because we need someone who treats us as a business and its ran well. the players are most certainly assets because they along with the manager are how we stay up and get higher position, granted those assets are replaced/sold frequently but it doesn't change their value to the balance sheet.

not having a stadium is actually a positive selling point because the new owner can build it and pimp it however they want (sell naming rights, sell stand name rights, have a million billboards, etc.) to make themselves more money without upsetting the current trend (no naming rights anywhere). plus that is a great way to instantly create more value for the club in valuation perspective for when they sell.

transfermarkt feel free to negate but the echo report is from "That’s the conclusion of a new report on football finance from Dr Tom Markham, a lecturer and expert in financial profiling in football who has advised buyers and sellers of football clubs on valuation."

he knows what he's talking about and puts us at 216m.

mate you obviously do not work in finance. they are only looking at perceived value compared to actual value compared to potential value. this is driven by balance sheets. the scenario you list above would only be if Carlos Slim (richest man in the world) wanted an english football club and didn't give a shit about investment/asset management in which case we don't want them as an owner because we need someone who treats us as a business and its ran well. the players are most certainly assets because they along with the manager are how we stay up and get higher position, granted those assets are replaced/sold frequently but it doesn't change their value to the balance sheet.

not having a stadium is actually a positive selling point because the new owner can build it and pimp it however they want (sell naming rights, sell stand name rights, have a million billboards, etc.) to make themselves more money without upsetting the current trend (no naming rights anywhere). plus that is a great way to instantly create more value for the club in valuation perspective for when they sell.

transfermarkt feel free to negate but the echo report is from "That’s the conclusion of a new report on football finance from Dr Tom Markham, a lecturer and expert in financial profiling in football who has advised buyers and sellers of football clubs on valuation."

he knows what he's talking about and puts us at 216m.

So financial and marketing performance has no bearing in the value? Because that's what I said (off the pitch performance) and you say I'm wrong.

Interesting, btw, how we have been told City was preferred over us because they had a new stadium. Now you say it's exactly the other way around?

mc i posted the transfermarkt value, you have posted before how you think they are pretty solid in their valuations of players.

look fulham sold for 200m and then dropped. we are a mid-table to upper midtable side, a new owner doesn't have to fear the drop and loss of investment. a new stadium isn't a big deal really, the new owner would own it and make gobs of money off that as well. with the new TV deals Everton could become a cash cow for someone. Not only that but we have a rich history that these millionaire/billionaire's would love to brag about at the country club.

The transfermarkt values are fine. It's just that you and Matt posted the values as Euro's. Our squad is worth £150m according to them not £200m

So financial and marketing performance has no bearing in the value? Because that's what I said (off the pitch performance) and you say I'm wrong.

Interesting, btw, how we have been told City was preferred over us because they had a new stadium. Now you say it's exactly the other way around?

i'm not saying that had anything to do with city. i'm just saying if i'm a new owner i would see that as a better opportunity to make it whatever i wanted not what the previous regime wanted. that's a personal opinion

i'm not saying that had anything to do with city. i'm just saying if i'm a new owner i would see that as a better opportunity to make it whatever i wanted not what the previous regime wanted. that's a personal opinion

Problem with that is that it would take years to complete the stadium. Let's say someone bought the club tomorrow. When would the new stadium open? 2020? And that's assuming everything goes well.

Guest Howard's way

damn you english work slow!!! shit 2-3 years tops here in the states.

Yes, but you have to wear those stupid fucking foam fingers worn when you go to your stadiums and watch a fucking full concert before you get to see the second half.

MC, you own a bar right?

If you have assets worth 100k and then another 50k on your books toed up in finance...would you sell your bar for 100k?

However long we have the TV money incoming is irrelevant at the moment. It's here now and is a big asset of this and every other premier team.

Heck, my company even has to include "other operating costs" in our financial audits. ;-)

If an Everton fan does something good and decent do they have no affiliation with the club too?

Like it or not, we represent the club, good or bad.

Depends if that Everton fan does something good with the club in mind, clubs backing and support etc. then yes. Otherwise no.

MC, you own a bar right?

If you have assets worth 100k and then another 50k on your books toed up in finance...would you sell your bar for 100k?

However long we have the TV money incoming is irrelevant at the moment. It's here now and is a big asset of this and every other premier team.

Heck, my company even has to include "other operating costs" in our financial audits. ;-)

To make this a similar situation your bar would be collateral to some loans you have which amount to quite a lot. The assets are in a form that is not easy to cash in (at least for a fair price) and carry a big risk of loosing value. And bar's income fluctuates wildly, yet you have already used next years income as collateral as well.