IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Man Bily had such a cannon of a left foot..should have been much better

Ridiculous power in that left peg.

Why is it that many left footers have such a tremendous ability to strike a ball so well??? Its uncanny - just looked at a list of 10 or 11 hardest ball strikers.... a massive proportion are left footed

Carlos

Eder

Tarnat

Riise

Ronny (lisbon)

Jorg Albertz

I'm pure right footed - hit it with plenty of power but maybe not with the purist technique (more Wayne Rooney brute force rather than Ross Barkley combination of power and finess) - I think this is the secret, its getting the ball right through the right part of the ball with the right part of foot with maximum power at the right second.... harder than you think.

I'm too accurate with my right foot...everything goes down the middle.

If i hit it with my left I usually slice it into the corners.

Scored twice as many goals with my left...even though I'm right footed.

My left leg is purely for standing on, if I ever tried to shoot with it I inevitably ended up on my arse; couldn't head the ball to save my life either. Fortunately I was a winger and took a good corner so never had to try to get on the end of them!

That loss of £4.1m probably means we'll have a quiet summer unless we sell someone big.

They put the transfers out in last year's and the transfers in into this year's. We should still have money to spend.

Annoying how much we have survived on from the TV money, and not had any involvement from the clubs money men to grow.

My left leg is purely for standing on, if I ever tried to shoot with it I inevitably ended up on my arse; couldn't head the ball to save my life either. Fortunately I was a winger and took a good corner so never had to try to get on the end of them!

I can't head it for shit either..bit of a bummer considering the size of me! Being ambidextrous I'm equally bad with either foot too B)

And that goal.

I thought he should have been given a longer run as he looked capable of producing some magic moments.

He wanted to leave because he was worried about losing his international place and he went back to Russia. Spartak loaned him out twice and then sold him; and he's not been called up by Russia since he left us. Says it all.

Wasn't good enough despite moments of brilliance.

In his first game he looked outstanding.

AEK Athens? (may have that wrong, know it was in a Europa League game)

He was insanely good. EVERYTHING we that went well that game, he was instrumental.

And like Tonka said, I didn't feel he was given enough opportunities in the middle. His problem was, that we had Cahill who played down the middle as a CAM/SS.

AEK Athens? (may have that wrong, know it was in a Europa League game)

He was insanely good. EVERYTHING we that went well that game, he was instrumental.

It was Athens; he took incredible corners, was so excited by his prospects that night but it was downhill all the way from then.

This bit rings loudest for me

The Premier League’s Young Player of the Year award could well have an Everton theme this season. If the club can fight off potential suitors as they did with Chelsea and Stones this summer, just imagine what this group will be capable of in two years.

Our first team has the potential to do incredible stuff. My fear is that this summer, will see a few big departee's. Lukaku and John. Lukaku's agent is doing his best to move him on and John's bids will be too big to ignore.

Think Barkley and Deulofeu will stay. If Martinez can use the money from the above well, we start the cycle again.

These players are young. They have experience of working with each other for the last 3 years. It's only going to get better and could be incredible. I think it'll be broken before then though, sadly. So i'm enjoying their presence in the now.

As per Roberto Martinez, developing young players are Everton's key in implementing the team's strategy. In an interview he says “Everybody can speak about young players, but the key is how important they are to the team". Martinez is also firm with the idea of bringing up new faces in his first team.

Edited by JasonNorin