IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

I'll tell you what; watching us defending corners and crosses into the box is one of the most stressful things for me. I'm going to be grey soon. Every time the opposition get a corner or put the ball into our box I'm terrified. You'd think after conceding so many goals in these ways that we'd perhaps do something about it? No, no, no we just keep conceding carbon copy goals time after time. You'd also think that knowing we become the keystone cops when a ball is crossed in that we'd put more effort into stopping crosses coming in... nope, we let them be put in far too easily and far too often.

A new defensive coach would be lovely right about now, because I am going to keel over one of these days.

Talking about corners and crosses into the box; lets talk about our own. For the love of god please work on these. In Deulofeu we've got someone who will constantly try and get the ball into the box and, like last night, he's going to have games when it's hit and miss, but when it's miss he will invariably win us a lot of corners. So, Roberto can say he thinks it's a waste of time working on set-pieces but it's a fucking viable way of scoring a goal when you have Deulofeu in your side. So please, please, please work on delivering good corners and attacking them.

I'm pleading.

"There is a team from Merseyside, which is capable of pressing forcefully, strangulating the challenger’s confidence to the point where they suffocate and pass out.

The team has a robust defence, a sturdy midfield and a threatening striker who is setting new records. Then there is the fast, creative winger whose performance can go some way to justifying the entrance fee.
The team plays in blue not red, they are managed by Roberto Martinez rather than Jürgen Klopp, and though scorelines have been almost as dramatic lately, albeit against lesser opponents, they have quickly made progress quietly, certainly without anything like the commotion of their neighbours."

Barry speaks the truth but this will fall on deaf ears. Martinez will start with the same 11, Howard will make a few saves and also a few blunders costing us points, we will be exposed at crosses and corners, etc. It's all so predictable at this point Its nauseating. We can be ahead 3 - 1 and still lose as against Spurs like its our job.

Edited by chalkpie

I must be the only one who felt he was trying to send a message to the manager as much as to his team mates then.

I agree, I think he wanted to voice his and teams concerns to both.

Football is a team game.

Billy Bremner....there's eleven captains in this team, they don't need one with an armband....that's what we need.

Players that can take responsibility for thier own performances.

I have never played under a manager that made me forget how to do the basics.

Staying goal side isn't something that a manager needed to tell me...I learnt it at school.

Getting stuck in the same.

Clearing my lines when under pressure, the same.

Jumping even if you can't win the header....the same.

Stand up boys...show us you can be men.