IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Still good fans out there. Proud of Everton of late.

- Raised over £8k for Carlisle to grow a new pitch (£7500 was needed nationally, our fans smashed it on their own).

- First club to show public support and awareness for Mental Health.

- Raising £1000 for Lucas Legacy charity just via donation buckets at Stoke.

- The biggest (and loudest) supporter for away ticket price caps (EFC wanted £20pt.)

Just the last month. We don't have the mega money that most clubs do but we work together as a community, a family. True people's club. Love it.

Add to that, here's the moment he found out.

https://www.facebook.com/Everton/videos/10153222811516277/

Also, for those who can't open the link, it's a rep from Everton telling George he's won the monthly award and then they invite him to the end of season awards, to present the goal of the year award.

Edited by Lowensda

Add to that, here's the moment he found out.

https://www.facebook.com/Everton/videos/10153222811516277/

Also, for those who can't open the link, it's a rep from Everton telling George he's won the monthly award and then they invite him to the end of season awards, to present the goal of the year award.

Whats the chances they tell him to just hold on to the trophy because he's won it?

From the BBC...

This will be the most heart-warming story you will read all day.
Nine-year-old George Shaw has had his dream of scoring a goal at the Gwladys Street End come true.
George, who has cerebral palsy, put the ball into the net recently and then won the club's Goal of the Month vote, which was voted for by Toffees' supporters.
"I never thought I would win. I thought I'd come close because of all the support I've had but I can't believe I won!" said George when he found out.
"Thank you so much to everyone who voted for me."
Some quotes from Everton boss Roberto Martinez, talking about nine-year-old George.
"It is an incredible story to see how powerful football can be," says Martinez. "Seeing him score in front of the Gwladys Street end became a genuine contender for goal of the month.
"The players have been talking about George for so long and he has shown us how to be a competitor and fighter. Hopefully he has given us inspiration to get another win.
8a1aa3ee-512a-49e7-8a59-878726207857.jpg
tweet-697714568160808961-3.jpg