IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

There's actually 7 players who are our defence. It includes Barry & McCarthy. Are they as good as people like to think? Not for me.

Agreed. McCarthy has been well below par this year and last match was a stinker. Barry on the other hand has been excellent. Would love to see besic instead of McCarthy since he has the steel and engine but can also pick a pass.

Agreed. McCarthy has been well below par this year and last match was a stinker. Barry on the other hand has been excellent. Would love to see besic instead of McCarthy since he has the steel and engine but can also pick a pass.

Is Barry that good defensively though? Hard to tell without seeing a different type of defensive player in there.

Would be nice to see a different set of legs in there tbh. It's always been one or the other. Never both of them sitting it out.

Edited by MC11

The original was (as it alludes to) the worst cup final ever. Replay was little better.

Neil Robinson cost us the trophy in the third game, brought in due to injuries; a local lad who was sadly complete shite. I can remember watching it all too well.

Why in the world that gets into a list of the best finals is beyond me, it'd be top of the list of "worst".

The original was (as it alludes to) the worst cup final ever. Replay was little better.

Neil Robinson cost us the trophy in the third game, brought in due to injuries; a local lad who was sadly complete shite. I can remember watching it all too well.

Why in the world that gets into a list of the best finals is beyond me, it'd be top of the list of "worst".

I still blame Terry Darracot for us losing that game

Just had a look at the Liverpool Echo website. 11 articles on Liverpool 2 on Everton.

It's always been the case John. It will continue to be to.

In fairness, the shite contribute to the 'most read' articles on the Echo site and their articles do generally have a bigger proportion of 'traffic'. So it doesn't surprise me that they have a bigger presence.

Just pulled up behind a car with an Everton sticker in the back window at a roundabout. Strange that it was the football club font but also said Hyundai on it.

Turns out it was from here...

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/dealer/everton-garage-lymington

Strange they use our font, you can just about make it out in this pic from their site.

xxl_kfz_40622080_5.jpg

Better get our commercial trademarks team on the case. Love a good legal battle with local businesses.

I do find it amusing in Britain that the brand is pronounced 'high-un-die'. In the US, it's 'hun-day'.

It's down to the company themselves though, they pronounce it differently in their ads over here. Maybe it's because they realise Americans have trouble with words containing more than two syllables :P.

Why the hell is aluminium aluminum? Does my head in!

The funniest one was when the man with responsibility for the doomsday button (George W) couldn't even say nuclear! It was "nucular".

Anyway we're straying off topic.....though taking the piss out of Americans (TT members excepted obviously because they're more highly evolved) is always fun.

yes we don't like to enunciate too lazy and all that. on the flipsdie when a word is popularized in america and then the brits get a hold of it and add syllables and stuff and add their "kings english" accent to it and it sounds just ridiculous. i'll never forget the football announcers bastardizing Fabio Capello's name every time they said it. The italians pronounce it Fa-Be-Oh yet those english announcer "Faaa-Be-Yo" every time. not to mention every time you get a guy pronouncing Jags as "yagielka" while the announcing partner pronounces it Jagielka. i'm like come on guys get together on that!

Edited by markjazzbassist

yes we don't like to enunciate too lazy and all that. on the flipsdie when a word is popularized in america and then the brits get a hold of it and add syllables and stuff and add their "kings english" accent to it and it sounds just ridiculous. i'll never forget the football announcers bastardizing Fabio Capello's name every time they said it. The italians pronounce it Fa-Be-Oh yet those english announcer "Faaa-Be-Yo" every time. not to mention every time you get a guy pronouncing Jags as "yagielka" while the announcing partner pronounces it Jagielka. i'm like come on guys get together on that!

I think I'm right in saying that English is the only language (that uses the Roman alphabet) where J is pronounced "ger" so in fact, as his name's Polish, yagielka is actually grammatically correct. But the fact that he doesn't even call himself that just makes people who use it sound like pretentious idiots. Vocab evolves (<<see what I did there?).

I think I'm right in saying that English is the only language (that uses the Roman alphabet) where J is pronounced "ger" so in fact, as his name's Polish, yagielka is actually grammatically correct. But the fact that he doesn't even call himself that just makes people who use it sound like pretentious idiots. Vocab evolves (<<see what I did there?).

first time i heard it i thought the same. but then i was like everyone calls him jags, and i'm sure they're not calling him "yags". lol