IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Is the reason people bought so many season tickets because they want to be grandfathered in for the new stadium that's coming? Or just firing Martinez people actually want to watch the matches now?

That and people are excited for the future for the first time in a long time. Moshiri is working things.

Fans have something to be excited about.

That and people are excited for the future for the first time in a long time. Moshiri is working things.

Fans have something to be excited about.

yeah fair play. i'm very excited about koeman, he was top 3 for me managers coming in. i just didn't know if other blues were excited about him. but you're right i guess moshiri is the greater pull since he affects all things.

If we go into that Spurs game without further signings it may be very painful viewing for us :unsure:.

The optimism I felt at the start of the summer due to Moshiri's money and the signing of Koeman has slowly ebbed away. I was quite excited at the type of players we might bring in, that we might be able to attract. But two of our best players actively want to leave and all we've managed to attract is a Championship back-up goalkeeper, a midfielder from a relegated team and kids for the academy. The decent players we've been linked with have either used us to get a move to a better side or to get an improved contract. So if things stay that way we're a team that has finished 11th for two seasons and the quality of the side been diluted.

I'm worried. It's all good saying we'll make signings before the deadline but we've got to play games before then, and this squad doesn't look prepared to win those games. And I'm sure we will make signings but will they be of the quality we need them to be? I'm not quite so sure about that any more. Right now it doesn't feel like Martinez has left, his spectre is still hanging over us.

Go on, Everton, make this post be wrong and fast.

Martinez has absolutely destroyed us, no way can Koeman come in and fix this in window. I think we're going to struggle badly this season until he can bring his own stamp on us. It's not going to be a quick fix, Martinez is a fucking cock he's absolutely destroyed us. ?

If we go into that Spurs game without further signings it may be very painful viewing for us :unsure:.

The optimism I felt at the start of the summer due to Moshiri's money and the signing of Koeman has slowly ebbed away. I was quite excited at the type of players we might bring in, that we might be able to attract. But two of our best players actively want to leave and all we've managed to attract is a Championship back-up goalkeeper, a midfielder from a relegated team and kids for the academy. The decent players we've been linked with have either used us to get a move to a better side or to get an improved contract. So if things stay that way we're a team that has finished 11th for two seasons and the quality of the side been diluted.

I'm worried. It's all good saying we'll make signings before the deadline but we've got to play games before then, and this squad doesn't look prepared to win those games. And I'm sure we will make signings but will they be of the quality we need them to be? I'm not quite so sure about that any more. Right now it doesn't feel like Martinez has left, his spectre is still hanging over us.

Go on, Everton, make this post be wrong and fast.

well, that answers a lot of my questions having been away for a bit...

Edit: who's the midfielder? Can't find anything on the OS

Edited by Matt

Martinez has absolutely destroyed us, no way can Koeman come in and fix this in window. I think we're going to struggle badly this season until he can bring his own stamp on us. It's not going to be a quick fix, Martinez is a fucking cock he's absolutely destroyed us. [emoji35]

Just a little reminder. Martinez brought in Gerry because of his Spanish connections. Against the odds, he brought in Lukaku, one of Everton's most prolific scorers in years. He brought in Funes Mori from out of nowhere. He convinced Cleverley to join, and Lennon. Before his injury, McCarthy was one of the best in the league in his position. He fought hard to keep Stones in an Everton shirt. Ross was brought straight into the team. Other youngsters are coming through.

It's easy to pin the blame on someone no longer here, but I'd say we have lost sight of our vision: building a legacy with young players. Changing managers often brings turmoil for the first few months.

Just a little reminder. Martinez brought in Gerry because of his Spanish connections. Against the odds, he brought in Lukaku, one of Everton's most prolific scorers in years. He brought in Funes Mori from out of nowhere. He convinced Cleverley to join, and Lennon. Before his injury, McCarthy was one of the best in the league in his position. He fought hard to keep Stones in an Everton shirt. Ross was brought straight into the team. Other youngsters are coming through.

It's easy to pin the blame on someone no longer here, but I'd say we have lost sight of our vision: building a legacy with young players. Changing managers often brings turmoil for the first few months.

I think the expectations for this coming season were always going to be to high after having a new investor and new manager, it isn't going to be a season where we are suddenly going to be competing for everything, this season is going to be a transitional season. It'll take time to change, I think we need to be focused on trying to get European football for next season and then hopefully it'll be a bit easier to attract the calibre of players we all want.

We've signed someone!

New partnership with William Hill.....booooo

I'm against this one!

Honestly, I personally believe that betting companies should be barred from sponsoring sports team. It's an obvious conflict of interest. At this point, I don't believe there's a single team in the Prem that isn't sponsored in part by at least one betting company. That is asking for trouble.

I'm against this one!

Honestly, I personally believe that betting companies should be barred from sponsoring sports team. It's an obvious conflict of interest. At this point, I don't believe there's a single team in the Prem that isn't sponsored in part by at least one betting company. That is asking for trouble.

Have a look at how many Gambling companies are currently involved.....

PL-shirts-16-17.jpg

Edit: Regarding our next sponsorship deal, it'll break the £10m no question.

Edited by Lowensda

Here's a thought. Why can't Everton offer a £50m shirt deal with Oxfam as an official donation. The tax write-off would equal the marketing revenue otherwise received from Fruity Kings - and we'd send a powerful message to the footballing public: We're a supporter of good cause, not money-grabbers from unsavory industries.