IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

there may have been a necessary nuisance about them to start with - I welcomed their rabble rousing campaigning - however crass it was. It needed to be put out there how awful the club was being managed - were they cringeworthy? yeah too right. They lit fires under backsides and prompted more eloquent people to speak up.

This latest poster is just awful. Moshiri may well be playing a very clever game - get the doable lesser costing transfers in whilst people do not understand what our budget is.... that way we will not get rinsed. Then when people think our business is done - we get the big boys in.

What people need to understand about having someone like Moshiri is that these kind of people bring with them a solid financial foundation.

They may not be allowed to spunk hundreds of millions just like that, but they help by making the club financially secure.

See when the new stadium gets approved...with someone like Moshiri, there won't be any last minute dispute about funds. He'll be the guarantor to those funds.

We won't need to pay millions on interest for daft insider loans, we won't need to sell assets to keep the banks away, we won't need to remortgage to keep the club afloat.

He has invested with good intention, I believe. Why do I believe this? Well, many takeovers tend to be leveraged. Like at Manchester Utd. With us, we had nothing to leverage against!!! No assets, bricks and mortar etc. So the only investor suitable for us would be one that actually has to invest. But that doesn't just mean buying players.

What people need to understand about having someone like Moshiri is that these kind of people bring with them a solid financial foundation.

They may not be allowed to spunk hundreds of millions just like that, but they help by making the club financially secure.

See when the new stadium gets approved...with someone like Moshiri, there won't be any last minute dispute about funds. He'll be the guarantor to those funds.

We won't need to pay millions on interest for daft insider loans, we won't need to sell assets to keep the banks away, we won't need to remortgage to keep the club afloat.

He has invested with good intention, I believe. Why do I believe this? Well, many takeovers tend to be leveraged. Like at Manchester Utd. With us, we had nothing to leverage against!!! No assets, bricks and mortar etc. So the only investor suitable for us would be one that actually has to invest. But that doesn't just mean buying players.

yep. plus i think for me, even if he never invests a dime but we get a new stadium, better commercial and kit deals, and a better team/setup (with the DOF and managers) i'd still be happy. i'm not rating the owner on how much they put into the club, but how they transform the club.

hell, the mere fact that we got a transfer done in less than 24 hours is a miracle unto itself!

Hurrah sense at last!! Thank you, I've said before we ain't gonna become a champions league team over night, we ain't gonna do it this season, it takes time to rebuild foundations, to get the club running the way koeman and moshiri want it to do! For now we have to stabilise, this has been done at other clubs, we are on a back foot with our stadium and until we get a new one we always are, a posh new pad will attract better richer sponsors, more cooperate stuff and ultimately more money to buy better players, it'll be probably 5-6 years before we see a major investment in top quality players, get a stadium done and dusted and the rest will follow! I hope!!!!

yep. plus i think for me, even if he never invests a dime but we get a new stadium, better commercial and kit deals, and a better team/setup (with the DOF and managers) i'd still be happy. i'm not rating the owner on how much they put into the club, but how they transform the club.

hell, the mere fact that we got a transfer done in less than 24 hours is a miracle unto itself!

Oh look an Everton fan with something between his ears.

Most sense I have read on this site since Martinez got the sack.

With you all the way, looking at the bigger picture and how Moshiri cam transform our business structure more than our performance.

Let Ronny do his thing and let Moshiri do his.

All true but we need investment in the 1st team if we want to push on. All good having a new stadium. But the end of the day it's about winning.

All true but we need investment in the 1st team if we want to push on. All good having a new stadium. But the end of the day it's about winning.

And having our finances secured allows us to invest in the first team. Having a DoF and manager who know how to spot the right player allows us to invest in the first team. Having a new stadium with no blocked view seats, that can be used for multiple purposes and attract extra income, allows us to invest in the first team. Not having to pay millions a year in interest on loans, or having to secure funds against future season ticket sales, allows us to invest in the first team.

But not within a couple of months of getting some necessities in place. Koeman confirmed 14th June. Walsh 21st July.

Winning is a part of it. But so is sustainability. Survival. Securing the future of the club. A fair few clubs have given it everything to 'win', but where are they now? Portsmouth, Leeds. You know what I mean.

Of course I know where you're coming from. You wanted/expected mega signings, a bit of fantasy football. You're probably sick of listening to local redshite fans, especially down on Merseyside, talking about their nice new extension, over priced new signings etc etc. It's bad enough up here in Cumbria! I so wanted big signings etc to be able to fuck the redshite off...but once you strip the Evertonian away, take a step back, you can see what's happening.

Patience and trust.

As expected, the supposed alterations to the outside of the stadium hadn't materialised by the first game of the season. The only thing it looks like they've done is take things away.

All the turnstiles in the Bullens Rd failed (not sure if it was across the ground) there were thousands locked out they had to manually let them in loads by us were 10-15 minutes late.

All the turnstiles in the Bullens Rd failed (not sure if it was across the ground) there were thousands locked out they had to manually let them in loads by us were 10-15 minutes late.

I got in fine in the Lower Gwladys. I always go up a bit earlier the first game of the season though, just incase there's a problem with the season card.

I got in fine in the Lower Gwladys. I always go up a bit earlier the first game of the season though, just incase there's a problem with the season card.

Fella in front of us going ins wouldn't work, my youngest lads took 3 swipes before it went green, mine and the eldest worked fine, we went in and there was about 15 empty seats around us then they all came in fuming saying the street ends and Bullens Rd turnstiles had crashed and there was thousands locked out. Apparently they were having to manually check season tickets.

Could be why the attendance was so low as the turnstiles stopped counting them in.

Fella in front of us going ins wouldn't work, my youngest lads took 3 swipes before it went green, mine and the eldest worked fine, we went in and there was about 15 empty seats around us then they all came in fuming saying the street ends and Bullens Rd turnstiles had crashed and there was thousands locked out. Apparently they were having to manually check season tickets.

Could be why the attendance was so low as the turnstiles stopped counting them in.

Kids don't go green mate. It was Amber last year and clear light this year. I know because my lads with me this season.

Pedant alert.

Plus you need to go to your correct turnstile this year! That's why there was all the problems.... Ppl tryin to get in the wrong turnstiles.... Read ya season ticket and enter correct turnstile.

Kids don't go green mate. It was Amber last year and clear light this year. I know because my lads with me this season.

Pedant alert.

Plus you need to go to your correct turnstile this year! That's why there was all the problems.... Ppl tryin to get in the wrong turnstiles.... Read ya season ticket and enter correct turnstile.

You know exactly what I meant soft arse and we did go in our correct turnstile 51-52 we always go in that turnstile and have done for the last 5 years, they were broke as I stated earlier, they were having to manually check the season tickets as I said earlier. If it was a case of wrong turnstiles the stewards would have been re-directing them to the correct ones.

It's hardly rocket science sugar plum

You know exactly what I meant soft arse and we did go in our correct turnstile 51-52 we always go in that turnstile and have done for the last 5 years, they were broke as I stated earlier, they were having to manually check the season tickets as I said earlier. If it was a case of wrong turnstiles the stewards would have been re-directing them to the correct ones.

It's hardly rocket science sugar plum

Glad to have been a help. Correct turnstile son.