Zoo

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

12 hours ago, pete0 said:

Mostly as going the football now is more a family day out rather than a piss up. 

Is a bit quite but the crowd do liven up in reaction to good (and bad) stuff on the pitch. Much rather that than the monotonous drowning of some of the other sets of fans, looking at you Stoke and that fecking Blackburn drummer! Noise loses its value/impact if it's just never ending chanting. 

20 seconds of EVERTON, EVERTON isn'tt exactly living up though, although this could depend on where you are sitting, as a main stand sitter I can tell you now, its very rare anything gets sung in there, its depressing as fuck.

2 hours ago, aaron said:

20 seconds of EVERTON, EVERTON isn'ttt exactly living up though, although this could depend on where you are sitting, as a main stand sitter I can tell you now, its very rare anything gets sung in there, its depressing as fuck.

I'm up on the top balcony towards the Gladys Street and it's rare you'd even get that but most fans react to the action which I prefer over singing as I'm not much of a choir boy.

Don't know if it's still the same but sat in the Park End once and everyone stayed seated for the full game, weird when I was on the edge of my seat and then went to stand up on me own. 

For me the atmosphere is created by the excitement of the fans not the singing. On a good day there's a crackle in the air before you even get in the ground but those are few and far between. 

6 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:
Jesus I was at that game, now I do feel old 😞

Ah but it meant you were there for all that followed,  wasn't there myself but the aftermath was the bollocks; screw feeling old, we had the best of times!