IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

A truly bizarre appointment if true. USA div three to premier league? He'll be gone by Christmas.

agreed. the only thing i can think of is he signed on with an english conference team so he "will be coaching in the uk" and the betting places and tabloids are running with it like he's leicester's man. that's all i got.

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/619137628269625344/photo/1

great graphic showing how much we've made from the tv deal, 112m euros. Juve, Barca, Real Madrid only other teams in europe to make as much as the LOWEST team in the premier league. This is current TV deal, the new one will be even larger.

notorius BIG "mo money mo problems"

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/619137628269625344/photo/1

great graphic showing how much we've made from the tv deal, 112m euros. Juve, Barca, Real Madrid only other teams in europe to make as much as the LOWEST team in the premier league. This is current TV deal, the new one will be even larger.

notorius BIG "mo money mo problems"

Not sure that money was his problem :)

I saw this on my twitter feed:

"Why do ppl get so angry about kits?!? They last for a year and the away ones are hardly worn anyway"

There's no sense of irony there. He was complaining that people were complaining about kit designs, not that the away kits aren't worn often and changed regularly.

I saw this on my twitter feed:

"Why do ppl get so angry about kits?!? They last for a year and the away ones are hardly worn anyway"

There's no sense of irony there. He was complaining that people were complaining about kit designs, not that the away kits aren't worn often and changed regularly.

I see you follow Ped :lol: I like him, I get his point though. Even I do it.

If I don't like it, I just wont buy it.

is it just english teams that do this? in america the uniforms change every 5 years or so, some of the teams never change them (the yankees) and go for tradition.

do other leagues (bundesliga, la liga) get a new kit design each year as well?

i'm with you ten, if i didn't like it i just wouldn't buy it, simple as that.

It's only a fairly recent thing. I seem to recall that a kit would last two seasons but then a strange set of circumstances happened, the sponsors and kit manufacturers seemed to change in alternate years (and there'd be special edition commemoration kits in between, such as 125 years of existence and 100 years of top flight) meaning a new kit was needed for each season, after that they kept releasing new kits every season and no one noticed.

Yeah, Ten', Ped :)

Nothing will happen with Goodison, or anything in relation to a new stadium either, under this board IMO.

Yarp.

I ignore all the stadium talk nowadays, just not worth investing my time in reading it.

The board want someone to come in and pay for a stadium in full and then for them to walk away. They basically want a giant donation. No one in their right mind would do that!

Sad isn't it. Even the most ardent supporters of the board realise that our existence and "expected" state of affairs will be nothing other than what we have seen for the past 10-15 years barring small improvements based on the TV money generated by Mr Scudamore.

The scary thing is "stability" or treading water as I would call it is effectively moving backwards when we see other clubs using this period to continually move forward - using new revenue streams, enhancing their marketability etc.

We are in a false position of contentment - yes it is unlikely that we will go into admin as the new money will dilute our debt, but we have done absolutely nothing in this "rich period" to progress. Of course Sun Tan Bob will remind us that we smashed our transfer record for Rom - when you cut through all that spin all we did was trade a few players for one (Vic, Jelavic, Rodwell) - or effectively swapped Fellaini for Rom, either way our net spend is way down compared to others, great book balancing on Moyes behalf - disgrace regarding the board.

Some fans will be relieved just to see us exist and its a disgrace to those on the board and in command who seem to be getting plaudits for "steadying the ship" - the reality is they just ignored the rescue boats and sought refuge in the hull and waited for the storm to pass. Meanwhile all the other boats are sailing away.

Edited by Hafnia

Sad isn't it. Even the most ardent supporters of the board realise that our existence and "expected" state of affairs will be nothing other than what we have seen for the past 10-15 years barring small improvements based on the TV money generated by Mr Scudamore.

The scary thing is "stability" or treading water as I would call it is effectively moving backwards when we see other clubs using this period to continually move forward - using new revenue streams, enhancing their marketability etc.

We are in a false position of contentment - yes it is unlikely that we will go into admin as the new money will dilute our debt, but we have done absolutely nothing in this "rich period" to progress. Of course Sun Tan Bob will remind us that we smashed our transfer record for Rom - when you cut through all that spin all we did was trade a few players for one (Vic, Jelavic, Rodwell) - or effectively swapped Fellaini for Rom, either way our net spend is way down compared to others, great book balancing on Moyes behalf - disgrace regarding the board.

Some fans will be relieved just to see us exist and its a disgrace to those on the board and in command who seem to be getting plaudits for "steadying the ship" - the reality is they just ignored the rescue boats and sought refuge in the hull and waited for the storm to pass. Meanwhile all the other boats are sailing away.

Yep.

a23eddd0-35f2-4de7-9ce1-067c8c79d36c_zps

More amazing when you think the ONLY reason Spurs are at the bottom, is through the Bale sale.

We haven't sold any players of note, of late to generate the figures that the others have going in their 'Net' favour.

Yep.

a23eddd0-35f2-4de7-9ce1-067c8c79d36c_zps

More amazing when you think the ONLY reason Spurs are at the bottom, is through the Bale sale.

We haven't sold any players of note, of late to generate the figures that the others have going in their 'Net' favour.

Liverpool £35m net per season, they only have a few thousand more than us in average attendance... diabolical state of affairs.

We may mock them for not winning league despite all that money spent but they have added the odd trophy here and there in that time and continually rinse away the errors of their bad spends and go again and again.

Meanwhile we just should be happy with existing in such tough times, no one is buying football clubs and you've gotta be careful that you aren't the next leeds or portsmouth (despite the fact that under financial fair play it is highly unlikely that clubs can spend beyond their means anymore)

Absolute spot on post. We're not spending on players or paying down the debt. We paid off some, but I have a feeling this board doesn't want to be debt free. It would take one of their excuses away.

exactly, where could they hide the 'personal rainy day' funds, if it can't be registered as debt.... :leggit:

"operating costs......." - the black hole that is finch farm 75p in every pound we earn goes to finch farm. Well all I can say is that the toilets and showers must be chrome plated with beluga caviar served every day at lunch - or is that just Phillip Greens house?

"operating costs......." - the black hole that is finch farm 75p in every pound we earn goes to finch farm. Well all I can say is that the toilets and showers must be chrome plated with beluga caviar served every day at lunch - or is that just Phillip Greens house?

Yes it's there. Also we made record revenue from TV, yet took out another 10m in loans. Explain that one. It's like we've all said, corrupt money laundering fools keeping us down. Bastards.

Yes it's there. Also we made record revenue from TV, yet took out another 10m in loans. Explain that one. It's like we've all said, corrupt money laundering fools keeping us down. Bastards.

All of us? I think you're the first person I've heard say that. And it's a completely ludicrous statement, just refer back to the independently audited accounts discussion. You've swallowed the most extreme myths propagated by the BU hook, line and sinker Mark. I'm quite happy to debate sensible accusations of incompetence by the board with anyone (many of them have justification) but that post is just plain daft.