IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Why do that? Just why?

You have me with goosebumps again. I'm thinking were gonna smash utd after watching those.

Full of optimism now, you are gonna pay if I am brought back to earth again.

Ha ha sorry but that's the Everton way!

I was lucky enough to be at everyone of those games and I can say without doubt Barry Horne's was the best of the lot

Ha ha sorry but that's the Everton way!

I was lucky enough to be at everyone of those games and I can say without doubt Barry Horne's was the best of the lot

I was there for three of them (Ross, Seamus & Manny) :). Barry Horne's I saw from behind the sofa on this...

303.gif

Was chatting to an interesting bloke the other night who drinks in my local. Turns out he played for Bolton wanderers as wing half in the mid 60's.

As you do I asked him about the everton side at that time. "A bunch of hard bastards who could play" was his reply.

Was surprising, he said Colin harvey was a hard man, lovely footballer but if you tried to kick him he would have ya.

Bobby collins broke this chaps nose, said he came round it the changing room. Collins met him upstairs, apologised and bought him a pint.

He said footballers today wouldn't know what hit them back then. He said there was no concern for careers, it was dog eat dog.

The funniest bit was Johnny morrissey - he said he was off the scale. You would have a tackle with a Leeds player and know you were gonna get a bit of boot. He said "no-one went near morrisey- it wasn't necessarily that he was hard he was... he wasn't right in the head. He would break you in half if you kicked him so no one did"

Could have said something like "we need to work harder" / "go and assess what's not working and put that right"?

Something positive maybe.

They're certainly already trying to do those things.

Would've come over as patronising platitudes and he'd have got just as much stick; he's just bust his guts for ninety minutes and unluckily come away with nothing, you can't expect an intellectual response in the circumstances.

They're certainly already trying to do those things.

Would've come over as patronising platitudes and he'd have got just as much stick; he's just bust his guts for ninety minutes and unluckily come away with nothing, you can't expect an intellectual response in the circumstances.

You can't blame luck when it's the same story every week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A31BMIov920

I like these lunatics and think they bring up interesting and relevant discussion (albeit a bit long-winded at times). Can we read deeper into Baines comment? That is a pretty bold statement and to have somebody of Baines' stature saying that would mean to me that there is major trouble in paradise. The honeymoon is over.

They also touch upon Moshiri, as well as how the press is generally soft when RM answers questions in a half-arsed manner, and why they don't press him harder? I brought up this very topic in a thread a few months back. I mean, RM saying there were "Boo's on the dressing room..."? WTF does that mean - did the players boo the manager, boo themselves, boo who? Anyway, worth a watch as always.

What says you?