IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

I wonder who's making the decisions :huh:?

Not questioning them, but without a boss in place it seems a bit strange such decisions are being made.

their contracts were up anyway so it's not really them being let go, the boss isn't in place to offer a new contract

I wonder who's making the decisions :huh:?

Not questioning them, but without a boss in place it seems a bit strange such decisions are being made.

All clubs had to have their release / retained lists in this morning and they were all published by the FA at 17:00 this evening

So maybe they have gone because there wasn't anybody around to make a decision

This, they'll of asked him if he wants any of them for another season before doing it imo.

Don't buy that; he has no knowledge of how they are on the training ground, even if you forget the "big" three. What does Koeman know of Stanek for example? Or Harry Charsley, Tyrone Duffus, Calum Dyson, Conor Grant, Louis Gray, Russell Griffiths and Antonee Robinson who've all been "approached over new terms"? Absolutely nothing.

This is Everton internal action, not the decision of a putative new manager sat on the beach in Marbella I don't think.

Don't buy that; he has no knowledge of how they are on the training ground, even if you forget the "big" three. What does Koeman know of Stanek for example? Or Harry Charsley, Tyrone Duffus, Calum Dyson, Conor Grant, Louis Gray, Russell Griffiths and Antonee Robinson who've all been "approached over new terms"? Absolutely nothing.

This is Everton internal action, not the decision of a putative new manager sat on the beach in Marbella I don't think.

Absolutely no doubt Unsworth will have made the decision on the kids

No doubt Unsworth/Royle have made the decision on the youngsters but Koeman will no doubt had his say on senior contracts of immediate importance.

On the free agent list, recent history suggests Mark Schwarzer would be a key signing!!!

You're probably right but it's a bit wrong for a new boss to go in and say "Sack the old guys" without having a look at them isn't it?

You're probably right but it's a bit wrong for a new boss to go in and say "Sack the old guys" without having a look at them isn't it?

It may not be a closed door - could be a role available away from the playing side. I can see certainly Osman/Hibbo ending up at Rotherham with Stubbs if they intend to extend their playing time.

I agree that unsworth royle had a say on the kids. I think the senior players were just let go. The echo article said hibbo and Osman were confident they'd speak to the new manager in hopes of playing still. So that to me says koeman didn't have input.

The Gibson is a head scratcher I can't explain though. Not sure who made that call. Unless he already has comprimising photos of moshiri ;)

Edited by markjazzbassist

The youth set up will decide on youngster contracts, I would imagine they would do that even if we had a manager in place and I would be amazed if during the talks they didn't highlight the fact the 3 were out of contract and is there any he wants to tie down straight away, he's probably said no but he'll mire than likely speak to them when he joins and they can still sign a contract then.

He doesn't know them personally but he knows them as players, he knows how much football they have played he knows their ages and how muchmoney he has to spend.