IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/08/25/an-open-letter-to-evertonians

'An Open Letter To Evertonians...'

Sometimes we take Everton Football Club for granted, those of us who are lucky to work for the club and who regularly attend games at Goodison Park.

How often do we stop to think just how fortunate we are to be able to do this or how widely spread Evertonians are across the world? Not often enough, I bet.

Throughout the 2016 close season, the ‘Grand Old Lady’ has been undergoing a re-vamp. At times it was difficult for everyone to carry on with ‘business as usual’ during this busy period, but we did. It meant the stadium tours were unavailable for a short while whilst the refurbishment work continued but Evertonians still came. They still do on a daily basis.

More than 400 Evertonians, from across the world, visited Goodison Park recently. Some first time visitors and some expatriates returning home for a short while. They were fortunate because we were able to let them have a brief view inside the ground. All of the visitors had one thing in common - their love for Everton Football Club and a wish to see inside the historic stadium.

Incredibly, over a four-week period, those 400 visitors came from 35 different countries.

The 35 included:

Argentina

Croatia

Malaysia

Singapore

Australia

Denmark

Mexico

South Africa

Belgium

England

Northern Ireland

South Korea

Brazil

Germany

Norway

Spain

Bulgaria

Holland

Panama

Switzerland

Canada

Hong Kong

Portugal

Turkey

Chile

Indonesia

Republic of Ireland

USA

China

Italy

Scotland

Wales

Columbia

Japan

Sierra Leone

Extraordinary!

Some visitors were actually reduced to tears by the emotion of their visit. Some could not control their excitement, whilst others stood in awe and quiet contemplation of the fact they were actually at Goodison Park, the home of the Blues.

One visitor from Scotland, not an Evertonian before he arrived, was so taken by his visit that he later emailed the Club to express his thanks. Thanks because he was able to learn about our wonderful club and take some photographs – some memories. This visitor has now vowed to follow Everton as his ‘English team’. Once Everton touches you……

Three generations of one family, visiting from Australia, were disappointed the stadium tour was not running when they arrived. However, we managed to let them into the ground to take some pictures and simply chat about the history of our Club.

Granddad was able to sit in his late son’s Park End seat. His son was a season ticket holder several years ago until his untimely death. The visit was emotional but it was also a chance to reflect on happier times.

The family later tweeted their thanks to Everton, the Peoples’ Club, for letting them into the ground. More than 340 people ‘liked’ or ‘retweeted’ this message during the following 48 hours.

Amazing!

So, once in a while, take some time to think about how fortunate we are to be Evertonians, even during the difficult times. We are chosen. We are part of a worldwide family with Everton in our hearts, fortunate to be able to experience a game at Goodison Park, whilst others are watching on TV, somewhere in the world, in the middle of the night, wishing they could be there too.

Nil satis nisi optimum.

How weird is that?

They included Scotland and Wales :lol:

Edited by Lowensda

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/08/25/an-open-letter-to-evertonians

How weird is that?

They included Scotland and Wales :lol:

Everton do a lot wrong (it's getting better) but this sort of stuff they do very well. I do feel fortunate to be a blue and do genuinely feel like I'm part of a larger family, an Evertonian family. I love Everton with everything I have.

My son is at a soccer camp this week called Challenger British Soccer, and one of the girls working it is from Liverpool and has season tickets to Goodison. When I told her that we are die-hard EFC fans, her eyes almost jumped out of her head - she could only mutter "How??!! Why??!!", and then she asked me my favorite players, only to be even more amazed that I actually know the squad. Pretty funny. My boy had his Barkley 14-15 away kit on yesterday and she was calling him "Ross" all day. Her favorite player is Coleman - wait until I show up in my Coleman home kit today when i pick him up :)

Edited by chalkpie

Do love this club...no reason behind me and dad being a blue other than my dad saying whoever comes 3rd or whatever this season I'm supporting..happened to be everton..only time I'll believe in that meant to be crap..because I couldn't imaginew being part of any other family

Wish we could put certain ones up for adoption though

Just been in an Italian restautrant not far from Old Trafford after a meeting in work and met Peter Reid. He was pals with the owner of one of the companies who was with us. Cracking fella sang "and we love our Peter Reid" as they took photo of me with him. He was laughing his head off.

Brilliant; if I could choose one footballer to sit and have a few beers with Reidy would be very high in the list, probably top in fact.