Jump to content
Zoo

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Going to be a bittersweet experience being at the last game at Goodison. I’m glad I’ll have the opportunity though. 

Tickets for that will be hard to come by, I might have to sell my house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t you agree that it’s not going to be forgotten about? It’s not going to be a supermarket. Goodison will live on through  whatever plans they have. This isn’t Kirby. I sent the video to mates in Manchester I used to work with and they were blown away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure whether it’s been posted anywhere else or not but apparently we still get a cash windfall even if Man U swap Lukaku 

 

How Man Utd's Dybala deal affects Everton over Lukaku transfer 


http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-latest-dybala-lukaku-16679670#ICID=ios_EchoNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First XI as of right now:

 

                       Kean 

Bernard        Siggy      Richarlison

         Delph/Gbamin   Gomes

Digne    Keane   Mina    Coleman

                   Pickford

Bench: Delph/Gbamin, Walcott, Holgate, DCL, Baines, Lossl

That looks pretty decent. Should be our best attacking side since at least year one of Martinez just based on the quality of players. I’m excited again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be Kenya-only.

 

Quote

 

Media Statement

 

The gaming industry has been Operating in an extremely challenging business 
environment for the past couple of months. 


Sportpesa as a business has been subjected to punitive measures by regulators such 
as delayed license renewal and the suspension of paybill numbers with these actions 
considerably reducing the level of business operations. This despite the existence of 
a court order prohibiting the regulator from taking such actions 
This has brought about immense pressure on the business necessitating a re- 
evaluation of some plans. In light of these developments, we regrettably wish to 
announce that due to the uncertainty of this situation Sportpesa will be cancelling 
sports sponsorships effective immediately. All clubs and partners will have received 
notices as provided for in their contracts. 


Sportpesa is passionate about sports development in the country and this decision 
was regrettably arrived at haltingly and after a lot Of deliberation and thought. We 
greatly value our partnerships and we will endeavour to resume support to the best 
Of our ability when the business recovers. 
 

Sportpesa has, over the last 5 years of operation, grown as a 
business that endeavours to create value for all stakeholders. We have always been 
compliant with all the Statutory and Regulatory requirements. We are a law-abiding 
organisation. 

For now, we remain positive that the current situation will be resolved amicably and 
urgently, and we continue to seek the goodwill of all actors towards normalising the 
environment for the gaming industry. 
Ends/. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Dodgy as fuck.  May be in the minority, but baring a nice family friendly sponsor like NEC (Dell?) I'd prefer beer over gambling.

Dell are in my bad books at the moment, they wanted £712 to repair a £799 laptop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I hope we get a sponsor that can be printed on the kids shirts, my grand kids don’t think there shits are as good because the logo is missing. 

They want turds with logos on them?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Dodgy as fuck.  May be in the minority, but baring a nice family friendly sponsor like NEC (Dell?) I'd prefer beer over gambling.

Absolutely. Said many times that advertising addictions seems to be completely against the ethics of the club, especially EITC. Smoking advertisements were banned in sports, why not booze and gambling? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Palfy said:

That’s gone straight over my head, they want  turds with logos on them 🤷‍♂️ Explain please Matt. 

I’ll let you reread your post again ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/marco-silva-must-now-deliver-his-side-of-the-bargain-with-everton-f0kp3ws65

 

The burden will fall on Moise Kean to sharpen what has been, for rather too long, a blunt Everton attack and there is now responsibility on Yerry Mina to stay fit and provide leadership at centre half.

André Gomes has to step up, Jean-Philippe Gbamin and Alex Iwobi must make an impact, Richarlison needs more consistency and Lucas Digne to maintain the standards set last season.

Yet arguably the spotlight shines brightest on the manager, Marco Silva.

As Everton prepare to begin their season away to Crystal Palace tomorrow, where the welcome will be frostier than normal given their forlorn pursuit of Wilfried Zaha this week, the challenge of upsetting the natural order and breaking into the Premier League’s top six resumes.

This will be the fourth season in which Silva has been in English football, starting with his arrival at Hull City in January 2017, and two and a half years on a definitive opinion on the Portuguese manager is still to be formed.

A strong finish to last season when he motivated a team with nothing to play for — an aggressive approach in and out of possession was evident — was an impressive response to the dismal stretch between December and the end of February, which brought only four Premier League wins. Two of those were against relegated Huddersfield Town and Cardiff City.

Silva coached like the manager of Everton should and how they ended is the template for how they must now begin: the man in the dugout showing his skills, with an uncluttered calendar offering time on the training pitch to smooth down the rough edges in his blueprint and bed in new faces.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
 
 
 
 

 

Between now and the December 4 visit to Anfield for the fixture which sparked their mid-term collapse last season, Everton have 14 league games in which they will face only three of the teams who finished above them in eighth last season — Wolverhampton Wanderers, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur.

There is a real chance to muster momentum. So much depends on Silva.

At his press conference this morning, Silva referred to the mess spawned by the flawed thinking of his predecessors, Ronald Koeman and Sam Allardyce, and the errors of the former director of football, Steve Walsh, when summarising the summer as “18 players have left, we signed seven and, if you look at the money coming in and the money out, we spent £28 million”.

Everton’s strategy had been to try to balance the books after the expensive splurges of 2017 and 2018, but it is difficult to get a true sense of whether that overview has remained intact by accident or design. Probably a mix of both.

The owner Farhad Moshiri’s ambition is such that Everton were willing to spend £60 million on Zaha (£25 million more than they paid for Arsenal’s Iwobi) but balked at Palace’s £80-100 million price tag for a winger who will turn 27 in November and who scored ten goals in his most productive season.

Richarlison, centre, is one of a number of attacking options available to Silva but he is short on centre halves

They would have signed Kurt Zouma permanently had Chelsea offered any encouragement after the success of the defender’s loan spell. He would have cost a minimum of £40 million.

Under different circumstances — the search for a winger and a centre back continued after £50 million had been laid down for Kean and Gbamin — Everton’s net spend may not have been trumpeted quite so loudly. Where the £36.7 million failed bid for Watford’s Abdoulaye Doucouré fits in with everything . . . answers on a postcard, please.

There remains a lopsided look to Everton’s squad with offensive players outweighing those of a defensive mindset (midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin will not be allowed to leave as a consequence), and the failure to bring in another centre half left Silva acknowledging it is “not the best scenario for me as a coach”.

To be fair to Silva, he did not proceed to rant about this and will know his discomfort is more palatable than the club panicking and lavishing millions for Manchester United’s Marcos Rojo, a player they did not really want.

Silva is ensconced at Everton because the spend, spend, spend mentality which preceded him did not work out and management cannot be solely about dumping the old and ushering in the new every 12 months.

It is about overseeing the development of players, too, and there is no member of Everton’s squad who cannot improve; whether that is contributing more assists and goals or to the overall team structure to ensure this is a team that is uncomfortable, unnerving to play against.

“You have to manage the situation in the best way,” Silva said of having just Michael Keane, Mina and Mason Holgate as his centre-back options.

“We have never had doubts about Yerry Mina [signed from Barcelona for £27 million last summer but who started only ten league games]. When he was fit he was fantastic, he is adapted now and in better shape.

“It is a fantastic chance for him to show the quality that he has. If you ask me whether I would like more competition then yes, but I am here to manage the players I have.”

The loss of Zouma and Idrissa Gueye to Paris Saint-Germain strips Everton of arguably their two most influential performers in the second half of 2018-19, although Silva said he thought, overall, the squad was “deeper than last season”.

The transformation in Everton’s squad is far from complete but it is in a better place. Now Silva must coax and nurture and guide them into a better position. Top six is the target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/08/2019 at 20:54, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/marco-silva-must-now-deliver-his-side-of-the-bargain-with-everton-f0kp3ws65

The burden will fall on Moise Kean to sharpen what has been, for rather too long, a blunt Everton attack and there is now responsibility on Yerry Mina to stay fit and provide leadership at centre half.
André Gomes has to step up, Jean-Philippe Gbamin and Alex Iwobi must make an impact, Richarlison needs more consistency and Lucas Digne to maintain the standards set last season.
Yet arguably the spotlight shines brightest on the manager, Marco Silva.
As Everton prepare to begin their season away to Crystal Palace tomorrow, where the welcome will be frostier than normal given their forlorn pursuit of Wilfried Zaha this week, the challenge of upsetting the natural order and breaking into the Premier League’s top six resumes.
This will be the fourth season in which Silva has been in English football, starting with his arrival at Hull City in January 2017, and two and a half years on a definitive opinion on the Portuguese manager is still to be formed.
A strong finish to last season when he motivated a team with nothing to play for — an aggressive approach in and out of possession was evident — was an impressive response to the dismal stretch between December and the end of February, which brought only four Premier League wins. Two of those were against relegated Huddersfield Town and Cardiff City.
Silva coached like the manager of Everton should and how they ended is the template for how they must now begin: the man in the dugout showing his skills, with an uncluttered calendar offering time on the training pitch to smooth down the rough edges in his blueprint and bed in new faces.
Between now and the December 4 visit to Anfield for the fixture which sparked their mid-term collapse last season, Everton have 14 league games in which they will face only three of the teams who finished above them in eighth last season — Wolverhampton Wanderers, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur.
There is a real chance to muster momentum. So much depends on Silva.
At his press conference this morning, Silva referred to the mess spawned by the flawed thinking of his predecessors, Ronald Koeman and Sam Allardyce, and the errors of the former director of football, Steve Walsh, when summarising the summer as “18 players have left, we signed seven and, if you look at the money coming in and the money out, we spent £28 million”.
Everton’s strategy had been to try to balance the books after the expensive splurges of 2017 and 2018, but it is difficult to get a true sense of whether that overview has remained intact by accident or design. Probably a mix of both.
The owner Farhad Moshiri’s ambition is such that Everton were willing to spend £60 million on Zaha (£25 million more than they paid for Arsenal’s Iwobi) but balked at Palace’s £80-100 million price tag for a winger who will turn 27 in November and who scored ten goals in his most productive season.
They would have signed Kurt Zouma permanently had Chelsea offered any encouragement after the success of the defender’s loan spell. He would have cost a minimum of £40 million.
Under different circumstances — the search for a winger and a centre back continued after £50 million had been laid down for Kean and Gbamin — Everton’s net spend may not have been trumpeted quite so loudly. Where the £36.7 million failed bid for Watford’s Abdoulaye Doucouré fits in with everything . . . answers on a postcard, please.
There remains a lopsided look to Everton’s squad with offensive players outweighing those of a defensive mindset (midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin will not be allowed to leave as a consequence), and the failure to bring in another centre half left Silva acknowledging it is “not the best scenario for me as a coach”.
To be fair to Silva, he did not proceed to rant about this and will know his discomfort is more palatable than the club panicking and lavishing millions for Manchester United’s Marcos Rojo, a player they did not really want.
Silva is ensconced at Everton because the spend, spend, spend mentality which preceded him did not work out and management cannot be solely about dumping the old and ushering in the new every 12 months.
It is about overseeing the development of players, too, and there is no member of Everton’s squad who cannot improve; whether that is contributing more assists and goals or to the overall team structure to ensure this is a team that is uncomfortable, unnerving to play against.
“You have to manage the situation in the best way,” Silva said of having just Michael Keane, Mina and Mason Holgate as his centre-back options.
“We have never had doubts about Yerry Mina [signed from Barcelona for £27 million last summer but who started only ten league games]. When he was fit he was fantastic, he is adapted now and in better shape.
“It is a fantastic chance for him to show the quality that he has. If you ask me whether I would like more competition then yes, but I am here to manage the players I have.”
The loss of Zouma and Idrissa Gueye to Paris Saint-Germain strips Everton of arguably their two most influential performers in the second half of 2018-19, although Silva said he thought, overall, the squad was “deeper than last season”.
The transformation in Everton’s squad is far from complete but it is in a better place. Now Silva must coax and nurture and guide them into a better position. Top six is the target.

Really ?  if you think I’m coming home from the booser and reading that your a ducking nutter, I think I’ll leave that for tomorrow when I can see better. 

I’ve now managed to read it, like I and a few others have said we’ve invested heavily once again in MF and upfront, and let the defence suffer. 

If our attacking options don’t pay off and by that I mean score plenty of goals on a regular basis, we could very much find ourselves at the wrong end of the table come December. 

Our defence is more than ever now relying on our attack, it’s going to be very interesting to see how everything pans out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Palfy said:

Really ?  if you think I’m coming home from the booser and reading that your a ducking nutter, I think I’ll leave that for tomorrow when I can see better. 

I’ve now managed to read it, like I and a few others have said we’ve invested heavily once again in MF and upfront, and let the defence suffer. 

If our attacking options don’t pay off and by that I mean score plenty of goals on a regular basis, we could very much find ourselves at the wrong end of the table come December. 

Our defence is more than ever now relying on our attack, it’s going to be very interesting to see how everything pans out. 

It really depends on Mina stepping up on how well the defense performs. If he's a weak link then he will be targeted all match, every match. Hopefully he's stable and will allow Digne to get up and down the field and do what he does best. I can see that left side being less effective than it was last year.

That said, I like Mina and think he has the potential. He just worries me because he looks a little clumsy.

I don't know if he'll ever reach the ceiling of Zouma though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Mina gets a little bit of a bad rap. He came in fighting both injury and acclimation problems. What we saw from him later in the year and even this year has been pretty positive. I am willing to mostly give him a pass for last year, and see what he does his second year. If his form in the future looks more like his old form than his current form, I will eat my hat and say I was wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Mina is a very good player who had a very tough season with injuries last year, add to that Zouma and Keane playing well when he was fit it was hard to get a game. 

Now he has is opportunity to put his stamp on the team and as long as he can stay injury free I don’t think he will let us down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It was my youngest daughters first game as a season ticket holder on Saturday and when we took our seats we found that the club had left a goodie bag that included a personalised certificate ,welcome letter, match program and other memorabilia . Made an already very excited 7 year olds day. Thought it was a really nice touch by the club

That is absolutely tops - I’ve never heard of anything like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It was my youngest daughters first game as a season ticket holder on Saturday and when we took our seats we found that the club had left a goodie bag that included a personalised certificate ,welcome letter, match program and other memorabilia . Made an already very excited 7 year olds day. Thought it was a really nice touch by the club

When we get something right we get it really right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It was my youngest daughters first game as a season ticket holder on Saturday and when we took our seats we found that the club had left a goodie bag that included a personalised certificate ,welcome letter, match program and other memorabilia . Made an already very excited 7 year olds day. Thought it was a really nice touch by the club

That’s lovely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It was my youngest daughters first game as a season ticket holder on Saturday and when we took our seats we found that the club had left a goodie bag that included a personalised certificate ,welcome letter, match program and other memorabilia . Made an already very excited 7 year olds day. Thought it was a really nice touch by the club

Think its new as we didn't get it for my son two seasons ago, lovely touch though, and regardless of how well we are doing on the pitch we really do get the personal aspect spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Because an echo football journalist is really gonna change my mind 😂 

 

34 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

and people call marco "martinez mk ii".  he's so far from it.  

The football is monotone, not creating clear chances, and is giving away goals too cheaply from set pieces. We were stronger in the middle with Martinez though, just too slow in the build up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Fuck me Pete you need to have a day off, we haven’t conceded a goal at Goodison since February and only City have more clean sheets in 2019 and you’re clinging to the fact we had teething problems with set pieces in his first couple of months 😂😂😂

We were lucky with the timing more than anything. There was nothing in the performances to show we'd improved defensively bar the set pieces, which let's face it would have been hard to maintain conceding as many as we had. Hardly a teething issue either as Silva holds the worse record in the prem for them including his previous clubs. 

This season we've have less away through the middle but that down to using a footballer who knows how to hold position rather than a rogue ankle biter. Going forward there's very little different. We're still not making high quality chances, and Sigurdssen is still being misused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, pete0 said:

We were lucky with the timing more than anything. There was nothing in the performances to show we'd improved defensively bar the set pieces, which let's face it would have been hard to maintain conceding as many as we had. Hardly a teething issue either as Silva holds the worse record in the prem for them including his previous clubs. 

This season we've have less away through the middle but that down to using a footballer who knows how to hold position rather than a rogue ankle biter. Going forward there's very little different. We're still not making high quality chances, and Sigurdssen is still being misused. 

There really is no hope 🤷🏻‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

There really is no hope 🤷🏻‍♂️

Feel free to show me some clips of all is playing free flowing football creating chances on a plate to give me optimism. Or explain why the tactics never worked against Newcastle*, Spurs, Palace x2, and Fulham! 

Only the second defeat from leading 2 nil at half time in our history/364 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pete0 said:

Feel free to show me some clips of all is playing free flowing football creating chances on a plate to give me optimism. Or explain why the tactics never worked against Newcastle*, Spurs, Palace x2, and Fulham! 

Only the second defeat from leading 2 nil at half time in our history/364 games. 

What’s the point, ? If i showed you a blackboard you would argue that it’s white

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pete0 said:

Going forward there's very little different. We're still not making high quality chances, and Sigurdssen is still being misused. 

Agree with this. Most our chances come from crossing, but it is to relatively static attackers creating low quality chances or most of which are cleared by defenders.

It frustrates me how little movement and interchanging of positions there is in and around  the attacking penalty area for Everton. This was clear to see last year, and I haven't seen much improvement in the first 2 games.

How often do you see an Everton player making a dummy run to create space for another player in and around the penalty area. Maybe I'm missing it, but I feel that we are static and predictable in most attacks if the opposition isn't chasing the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pete0 said:

Just spotted a video of the siren and flag waving before the match. Whoever had that idea needs a word with themselves, literally a plastic atmosphere. We're Everton, we don't need gimmicks. 

Yeah we’re too cool for flags, leave that to the reds. We’re too cool to sing too, kopite behaviour that. 

Dont know if you remember the days of having an atmosphere at Goodison Pete, but it’s not been in the last few years apart from the odd game. 

At least they have tried something, didn’t like the flags myself (turned my hands blue from holding onto it in the first half) but having a go is no issue for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DavisJD said:

Agree with this. Most our chances come from crossing, but it is to relatively static attackers creating low quality chances or most of which are cleared by defenders.

It frustrates me how little movement and interchanging of positions there is in and around  the attacking penalty area for Everton. This was clear to see last year, and I haven't seen much improvement in the first 2 games.

How often do you see an Everton player making a dummy run to create space for another player in and around the penalty area. Maybe I'm missing it, but I feel that we are static and predictable in most attacks if the opposition isn't chasing the game.

In Kean and Iwobi we have a couple of fresh and talented attackers who we’ve not really seen play yet. They might bring something different to the table, but we’ll have to wait and see. 

It’s early in the season yet, we’re undefeated and haven’t conceded a goal. Just wait and see for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, barryj said:

I started reading it but it’s not a free article to read. 

English lessons, house-hunting and buddy systems: how clubs help signings settle in

Paul Joyce discusses the lengths Everton will go to ensure their summer arrivals adapt to a new club, league and country

Marco Silva will sit down, one by one, with his new signings this week and present another tailor-made analysis session designed to speed up the integration of Everton’s latest recruits.

Yet the bespoke services the club provides the likes of Moise Kean and Jean-Philippe Gbamin, two £25 million summer arrivals, aimed at ensuring their immediate assimilation extends way beyond the positions they should take up on the pitch.

There are English lessons to organise, chauffeurs to book, house viewings to arrange, restaurants and hotels to recommend and everyday practicalities, such as setting up national insurance numbers and bank accounts, to cover.

After the deals between clubs have been agreed, private jets have delivered precious cargo and multi-million pound contracts have been signed, the bedding in of players, and importantly, their families, runs in conjunction with the football side.

Such work has become a staple at Premier League clubs and Everton boasts a full-time, first-team player care manager in Charlotte Renshaw, who supports their individual needs and requirements.

All new players receive an induction pack which tells them all about the history of the club, the work the club does in the community, background information on all the squad and details on the local area such as recommendations for places to live depending on their individual requirements.

There are three levels to the support Everton offer.

Category one details players who have never lived in the United Kingdom before, such as Kean who arrived from Juventus, Gbamin from Mainz and Djibril Sidibé on loan from Monaco, and who therefore require support with virtually everything.

While player agencies also offer help to their clients, Everton will source cars, help find GPs and dentists and provide information on any cultural requirements, for example the whereabouts of the local mosque.

For signings such as Alex Iwobi and Jonas Lossl, brought in from Arsenal and Huddersfield Town respectively, where the focus is more on relocation packages and ensuring family members are settled.

Fabian Delph, signed from Manchester City, falls into category three, given he already lived in the northwest and has spent his entire career in English football. Everton would help with any specific requirements he has, but assisting the midfielder is relatively straightforward.

“Ultimately, they all require different levels of support, but the idea is the club takes away as much of the stress of moving to a new club — and in some cases a new country — as possible so the player is free to concentrate on their football,” said Renshaw, who has worked for Everton since 2012.

There is an onus on the existing players to assist the settling in process. New captain Séamus Coleman formally welcomed all the new players, taking them on a tour of the training ground and introducing them to each squad member. The initiation ritual of singing for the rest of the group has already taken place.

“Our squad morale is very good,” said the Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford. “We have got a lot of different nationalities and we all gel together as one big unit. That goes a long way. The dressing room has to be good in football and ours is very good. That is the starting point.

“They are good lads. The songs? I don’t know what they were. I’m not French [speaking] or Italian! It’s one of those things in this industry. Some people don’t mind doing it, some people hate doing it — me being one of them.

“It’s about bedding in and it is a good welcome to the club. If you can understand the language, I’m sure that they did well but I didn’t stick around in school long enough to learn.”

Everton also have in place a “buddy” system of sorts where the club looks to pair a new recruit with a member of the squad with whom they might have something in common. This could be based upon nationality, or having played together at a previous club which helped André Gomes, Lucas Digne and Yerry Mina following their arrivals from Barcelona last summer.

In the case of Italy international Kean and Ivorian Gbamin, they both speak French and so have struck up a bond. They have also been staying at the same city centre hotel with the club organising lifts to and from training and any trips out.

Both will now start English lessons. Kean, the 19-year-old forward, already speaks limited English, while Gbamin, 23, commands good conversational English but will also have lessons in due course.

There are usually three lessons per week, either at home or Everton’s Finch Farm training HQ, and they can be one-on-one or group sessions with all the family.

All of this underpins and aids the work Silva is doing as he seeks to fast-track players signed at the end of the transfer window into the first team.

“I sit with them and work with them not just on the pitch, but with some videos so they can realise what we want in all the moments,” said Silva.

“Normally, we do all the job at Finch Farm with them. When they go home, I want them to rest, to relax with the family, keep thinking about the football, yes, and then come in the day after to work hard.

“The Premier League is different. Even though they have quality when they come here, we are talking about different players, different leagues.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DavisJD said:

Agree with this. Most our chances come from crossing, but it is to relatively static attackers creating low quality chances or most of which are cleared by defenders.

It frustrates me how little movement and interchanging of positions there is in and around  the attacking penalty area for Everton. This was clear to see last year, and I haven't seen much improvement in the first 2 games.

How often do you see an Everton player making a dummy run to create space for another player in and around the penalty area. Maybe I'm missing it, but I feel that we are static and predictable in most attacks if the opposition isn't chasing the game.

Which is precisely why we have signed Iwobi and Keen, give them time to bed in and I’m sure you will see a difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, StevO said:

Yeah we’re too cool for flags, leave that to the reds. We’re too cool to sing too, kopite behaviour that. 

Dont know if you remember the days of having an atmosphere at Goodison Pete, but it’s not been in the last few years apart from the odd game. 

At least they have tried something, didn’t like the flags myself (turned my hands blue from holding onto it in the first half) but having a go is no issue for me. 

Liverpool have an atmosphere in TV thanks to tourists waving their new merchandise, yet the fans who go every week petition for more locals to get a proper atmosphere inside. 

Whoever made the decision for us made a very poor decision and it should have been. 

Best atmosphere for me, said it many times in here, was man u 1 nil. There was a crackle in the air before you even got in the ground and I don't think waving some flags will ever replicate the real thing and people at the club should know that. Bad decision and just a massive waste of plastic. 

They do get some right like what Dunc said about the new season ticket holders but the flags was an awful decision and should never have been okayed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Liverpool have an atmosphere in TV thanks to tourists waving their new merchandise, yet the fans who go every week petition for more locals to get a proper atmosphere inside. 

Whoever made the decision for us made a very poor decision and it should have been. 

Best atmosphere for me, said it many times in here, was man u 1 nil. There was a crackle in the air before you even got in the ground and I don't think waving some flags will ever replicate the real thing and people at the club should know that. Bad decision and just a massive waste of plastic. 

They do get some right like what Dunc said about the new season ticket holders but the flags was an awful decision and should never have been okayed. 

Did it harm anyone or harm the club? They had a go, some will like it others won’t. Did you leave your flag on the floor or did you wave it at the time to join in?

How many years back are we talking about that one off atmosphere Pete? Goodison has been dead quiet for years apart from the odd game and every Derby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, StevO said:

Did it harm anyone or harm the club? They had a go, some will like it others won’t. Did you leave your flag on the floor or did you wave it at the time to join in?

How many years back are we talking about that one off atmosphere Pete? Goodison has been dead quiet for years apart from the odd game and every Derby. 

I don't think anyone gave it a wave were I sit. If they gave it to just the family inclosure for the kids to play with I'd have no problem but to give them to a ground mostly full of grown men is beyond a poor idea, its incompetence. 

Its quiet as there's been a shift in attitude on the pitch, the players and aren't getting stuck in as much as they did under Moyes. On the occasions a player gets stuck in the crowd react just as they always have, albeit not as intense in parts due to a switch in demographics and culture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I don't think anyone gave it a wave were I sit. If they gave it to just the family inclosure for the kids to play with I'd have no problem but to give them to a ground mostly full of grown men is beyond a poor idea, its incompetence. 

Its quiet as there's been a shift in attitude on the pitch, the players and aren't getting stuck in as much as they did under Moyes. On the occasions a player gets stuck in the crowd react just as they always have, albeit not as intense in parts due to a switch in demographics and culture. 

I’m not talking about since Moyes left, it’s been way longer than that. The atmosphere has been dead for ten years plus. 

Not sure what you mean by switch in demographics and culture though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m not talking about since Moyes left, it’s been way longer than that. The atmosphere has been dead for ten years plus. 

Not sure what you mean by switch in demographics and culture though. 

Used to have more of a 'lad' culture, drinking, shouting, people letting of steam, singing, swearing, in general just less inhibited. Whereas now it is more civil, with a lot more children and women at the match. Nothing wrong with that but you'd not expect a kids disco to maintain the same atmosphere as a rave even if it is the same DJs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...