IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

The difference between the two clubs of Liverpool right there. That lot destroyed the surrounding area for their own gain, while we are trying to regenerate the area and leave something behind for when we're gone.

OK, so watching this match has me thinking:

When Tottenham attack, they seem to have a complete understanding and (almost) premeditated idea of what they are going to accomplish. Most of this seems to be from their forwards, wingers, and centermids making the correct runs and being in the right place at the right time. Its not just making a pass....looking around.....making another pass....

That last bit is what I increasingly see EFC do. Its more of a "flying-by-the-sea-of-your-pants" approach and HOPING something will happen. If Tottenham has a road map that has been studied and marked, Everton has an old map that is barely legible, and maybe some of the routes are now defunct or missing. Stupid analogy? Yeah probably, but its the best I can do at the moment.

So going further, If Tottenham is consistently attacking with quality and intent, then this seems to be drilled to death in practice, and consequently not practiced by Koeman. Maybe I'm wrong and EFC does practice this stuff, but if they are, its not working, or they need a new approach. I truly believe that there is more than meets the eye than what we are seeing with EFC, and you need to look at the captain of the ship first and foremost.

Are Dele Alli and Harry Kane THAT much better than Barkley and Lukaku? I don't think so, in fact I think that its possible that our lads have attributes that exceed those other two jokers. But the difference is watching these guys today is showing me that they have real intent, are making themselves available at the right places on the pitch, have a confidence when they get the ball either in making a run or pass, and have a team of players surrounding them that are all working TOGETHER.

I dunno, that's what I see of EFC at the moment from watching other teams. For the record, I absolutely loathe Tottenham, they are a team I consistently cheer against if given the chance, along with the shite, Chelsea, Man U, Man City, and Arsensal.

Edited by chalkpie

Pochettino has has plenty of time and money to implement the style so the comparison is not fair.

With all due respect I think that is a load of shite. So we are incapable of making intelligent passes and runs, and having players be able to tap in goals? How much money, time, and transfer windows does that take?

I used to think the same until Leicester came along last season and shattered ALL of the rules. Hardwork, determination, teamwork, and a sense of synergy is all it takes to score goals and deprive the opponents of the same. Football isn't rocket science as Ped pointed out recently on Toffee TV.

Watching Tottenham play today was a bit if an epiphany for me today. Keep it simple, make intelligent runs, be in the right place at the right time, do some work when you don't have possession (looking at you Big Rom).

If Koeman can't accomplish these basic components from seeing these lads all day five (5) times per week, then he should fuck right off and let a manager who can do it. Sorry, tough love for the flying Dutchman. Shit or get off the [insert Dutch word for toilet].

Memphis Delay isn't going to save us, or bring us to the top 4, but playing like Tottenham, Chelsea, or The Shite will.