IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

I just saw the draw for the second round of the League Cup and was surprised to see that Everton are not mentioned. Looking into it, it seems that teams that play in Europe receive two automatic byes and first play in the third round. It's especially gratifying to see United playing in the second round. :)

To be honest, I was unaware because I don't really care about the Mickey Mouse Cup

http://footyscene.com/goodison-park-summer-upgrade/

GOODISON PARK SUMMER UPGRADE

Goodison Park has undergone a summer makeover with Evertonians set to notice a host of improvements when they return for the Blues’ first home game next week.

Both inside and outside the stadium, significant work has been undertaken to upgrade Goodison and get ready for another memorable season under Roberto Martinez.

Incidentally, the Blues’ boss is the subject of one of the major changes that supporters will spot on their approach to the stadium, as he kicks off a new brand campaign on the Park End stand.

A striking image of Martinez, alongside his own slant on the famous Club motto, has been erected as the first in a series of images that will be displayed on the side of the stadium.

The new installation allows images to be backlit and changed to support the Club’s biggest campaigns throughout the year, including the sale of Season Tickets and kit launches.

And that’s not the only sign that has been changed, with a major operation being undertaken to remove previous versions of the crest and roll out the 2014/15 fan-chosen badge throughout the stadium.

Meanwhile, one of the biggest projects of the summer has been the installation of an improved floodlight system to meet new Premier League and UEFA standards.

Supporters will notice much brighter lighting for night games at Goodison Park and it’s to enable the TV cameras to provide the highest quality coverage of the Blues.

The previous floodlights flickered on and off, undetectable to the human eye but picked up by television cameras, so the improved system will provide viewers with a clearer view of all the action on the pitch.

Work has also been undertaken to reveal Goodison architect Archibold Leitch’s trademark design on the Gwladys Street.

The famous architecture could already be seen on the Bullens Road but a decision was taken to restore this interesting piece of Everton history on the Gwladys too.

A host of other areas have also been revamped, including:

Various hospitality lounges
Dressing room areas
Toilets in the Lower Bullens concourses
Extension of the main television gantry to allow more broadcasters’ matchday access
And new pitch perimeter LED boards have been installed.

It’s also been the first season that the Club has been able to reap the rewards of the new Desso pitch that was installed last summer, with the ground staff carrying out a simpler maintenance schedule to ensure the Goodison turf remains at the highest standard.

Edited by tenaciousj

Wifi would be a great addition, but I get OK reception in the ground tbh. I'm on 3.

Vodafone for me and I cannot get a reception at all, the lad and his sister behind me are onOrange and O2 and neither of them can. Maybe it's just where we are.

My wife is on 3 and to be fair their signal never let's her down unlike Vodafone that are utterly shit.

I wonder if they have installed wifi? We're one of the few grounds in the prem not to offer it and I cannot ever get a signal in the Paddock which frustrates the life out of me.

C'mon Bill move us into the 21st century mate and install wifi!

Weve had wifi at Goodison for a couple of years now, its just crap

http://wifi-free.mobi/goodison-park-wifi-networks-liverpool-united-kingdom/231709#!/goodison-park-wifi-networks-liverpool-united-kingdom/231709

IMG_20140814_204757_zps5b03788b.jpg

Gareth Barry in one of my locals. When for something to eat with the misses, saw a nice Bentley in the carpark and laughed saying "looks like Barry's here"....low and behold, walked in and he's sitting with a mate, trying to keep his head down.

So I sly snapped him. As above. Sad I know. Couldn't control the smirks! :D

Gareth Barry in one of my locals. When for something to eat with the misses, saw a nice Bentley in the carpark and laughed saying "looks like Barry's here"....low and behold, walked in and he's sitting with a mate, trying to keep his head down.

Nice one J. The big red spaghetti hoops were, however, unnecessary. We'd have found him :D.

IMG_20140814_204757_zps5b03788b.jpg

Did you ask him about the wifi?

Roberto Martinez has submitted his 25-man Premier League squad for the 2014/15 season.

Everton 25 man Premier League squad list

Player (Home Grown status in brackets)

1 Alcaraz, Antolin (No)

2 Baines, Leighton John (Yes)

3 Barry, Gareth (Yes)

4 Besic, Muhamed (No)

5 Coleman, Seamus (No)

6 Distin, Sylvain (No)

7 Etoo Fils, Samuel (No)

8 Gibson, Darron Thomas Daniel (Yes)

9 Hibbert, Anthony James (Yes)

10 Howard, Timothy Matthew (No)

11 Jagielka, Philip Nikodem (Yes)

12 Kone, Arouna (No)

13 McAleny, Conor Michael (Yes)

14 McCarthy, James (Yes)

15 McGeady, Aiden John (No)

16 Mirallas Y Castillo, Kevin Antonio Joel Gislain (No)

17 Naismith, Steven John (No)

18 Osman, Leon (Yes)

19 Oviedo Jiminez, Bryan Josue (No)

20 Pienaar, Steven (No)

21 Robles Blazquez, Joel (No)

22 Santos da Silva Junior, Francisco (No)

23 Twasam, Christian Atsu (No)

Everton Under-21 players (contract and scholars)

1 Bainbridge, Jack

2 Barkley, Ross

3 Birch, Arlen Tom

4 Brewster, Delial Edmund

5 Broadhead, Nathan Paul

6 Browning, Tyias

7 Byrne, Sam John

8 Charsley, Henry William James

9 Connolly, Callum Alexander

10 Davies, Thomas

11 Donohue, Michael John

12 Dowell, Kieran Oneil