IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

What did we ever do to piss off all the rags and shite blogs?

As Rom said "you guys will write whatever you want, I'm just focused on my football" which was a "doesn't rule out leaving" headline for them. Load of shite.

I'm seriously considering becoming a blogger/journalist - get paid to write fiction, with a plethora of source material provided for you to quote as "sources".

Not sure if this is the right thread so please feel free to move, but what do people think about calls to ban S*n journalists from Everton following the same move by LFC?

Link to it here: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fan-group-urge-blues-12588099

Me personally, not living in Liverpool I don't think I my opinion on this should count for much, but for what its worth I would like to see us follow suit. What the S*n did is unforgivable, banning them sends a message that we wont tolerate that type of lying and that if you do then there will be consequences.

Edited by London Blue

Not sure if this is the right thread so please feel free to move, but what do people think about calls to ban S*n journalists from Everton following the same move by LFC?

Link ti it here: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fan-group-urge-blues-12588099

Me personally, not living in Liverpool I don't think I my opinion on this should count for much, but for what its worth I would like to see us follow suit. What the S*n did is unforgivable, banning them sends a message that we wont tolerate that type of lying and that if you do then there will be consequences.

I'd like the S*n offices to burn down with all their "journalists" inside personally so they couldn't report on anything and the whole organisation could be wiped off the face of the earth; Murdoch and his family in a meeting on the top floor would be a bonus.

Don't read any papers so I would have them all banned, there all corrupt when it comes to the issues that really matter to people, pedalling there lies to sell papers on nearly every issue you can think of in the name of journalism.

Everyone should stop buying papers for a couple of weeks I guarantee you won't miss them and your save money.

He's a good man-manager, Matt. The criticism he got from fans who were so eager to turn on him for any little thing was unfair.

Seems he is proving a lot of us wrong. The way he has turned Ross and Rom around recently is very commendable. And his handling the the young lads seems to be working to.

Don't read any papers so I would have them all banned, there all corrupt when it comes to the issues that really matter to people, pedalling there lies to sell papers on nearly every issue you can think of in the name of journalism.

Everyone should stop buying papers for a couple of weeks I guarantee you won't miss them and your save money.

No there not, there are some quality papers and journalists who hold people in power to account and ask the questions we will never get the chance to. They play a vital role in our society and they must be defended from Trump and the rest of those media haters.

Unfortunately there are some papers and magazines who sully the good work of legitimate papers and journalists by taking things out of context, exaggerating and in some cases lying and they should be exposed.

No there not, there are some quality papers and journalists who hold people in power to account and ask the questions we will never get the chance to. They play a vital role in our society and they must be defended from Trump and the rest of those media haters.

Unfortunately there are some papers and magazines who sully the good work of legitimate papers and journalists by taking things out of context, exaggerating and in some cases lying and they should be exposed.

Name them because I'm not aware of these papers who allow their reporters to print the truth and ask the questions that go against the political views of their owners, and could cost them money and political persuasion.

Don't believe what you read in the papers they print what they want you to believe, because it suits the needs of the media moguls who own them, do you really believe that would let a reporter print a story that could arm them even if it is the truth, but I bet they would allow a lie to be printed if they felt they could gain from it in someway

Ok then just a few - all taken from the following Inpublishing Website. There are many more out there from all over the world.

http://www.inpublishing.co.uk/kb/articles/investigations_journalists_can_be_heroes__1615.aspx

HSBC Files

The HSBC files investigation, exposing the use of tax havens, is an example of news organisations working together across borders. The files were obtained and published through an international collaboration of news outlets, including the Guardian, Le Monde, BBC Panorama and the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists. The HSBC files were the biggest leak in Swiss banking history after data on over 100,000 clients and 20,000 offshore companies was disclosed by software engineer turned whistleblower Hervé Falciani, who was based at HSBC’s private bank in Geneva. Over 130 journalists in more than 40 countries worked on investigations into the leaked data. It won Investigation of the Year for Juliette Garside, James Ball, David Leigh and David Pegg of the Guardian at the British Journalism Awards.

Kids Company

In contrast to the number of journalists working on the HSBC files, the exposure of charity Kids Company began with a lone journalist, Miles Goslett, writing in the Spectator raising questions about the charity’s financial management. After the story was taken up by Newsnight, BuzzFeed News and others, Kids Company spectacularly folded in August 2015. Alan Yentob stepped down as BBC creative director, saying that his role as chairman of the board of trustees at Kids Company was a "serious distraction”. A report by the Commons’ public administration committee in February called for a radical change in charity regulation to prevent a repeat of the “extraordinary catalogue of failures of governance and control” that led to the collapse of Kids Company. Goslett commented: "Until February 2015, when the Spectator published my article on Kids Company, not a single bad word about it or its chief executive Camila Batmanghelidjh had appeared in the mainstream media.”

Town Hall fraud

In April last year, the mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman, was debarred from standing for elected office until 2021 after being found guilty of electoral fraud. A number of journalists had investigated Rahman, including Andrew Gilligan in the Daily Telegraph, John Ware for Panorama, Tim Minogue in Private Eye and local journalist Ted Jeory who highlighted allegations of corruption on his blog despite legal threats from the council. The Daily Mail commented: "Journalists rather than police or officials exposed Lutfur Rahman’s corruption – often at personal risk."

Tim Yeo

Last November, former MP Tim Yeo lost a libel case against the Sunday Times, which claimed its undercover investigation had shown he was prepared to act as a paid parliamentary advocate for a Far East solar energy company who would push for new laws and approach ministers and civil servants to benefit the business of a client. Yeo sued after being cleared by the Parliamentary Commission for Standards of breaking lobbying rules. But in a scathing judgment, Mr Justice Warby said Yeo had given evidence that was dishonest and unreliable on several points. He found that when still an MP in 2013, Yeo had been prepared to act in a way that was in breach of the Code of Conduct of the House of Commons. Martin Ivens, editor of the Sunday Times, described the decision as "a victory for investigative journalism" and said: "It vindicates the role of the press in exposing the clandestine advocacy by MPs for undisclosed interests.”

Jonathan Calvert

Another superb year for investigations by the Sunday Times, with continuing coverage of corruption within FIFA as well as the doping scandal in international athletics, culminated in the paper’s Insight team editor Jonathan Calvert being named Journalist of the Year in the British Journalism Awards. Calvert, his Insight colleagues and German documentary maker Hans-Joachim Seppelt exposed drug cheating by international athletes. The story was based on a database leaked by a whistle-blower concerned at the apparent failure of the International Association of Athletics Federations to clamp down on drug cheats. It provided data on the blood test results of 5,000 athletes showing that a third of medals, including 55 golds, have been won in Olympics and world championship endurance events by athletes who have recorded suspicious tests. As a result, the World Anti-Doping Agency and a parliamentary select committee launched investigations.

Mistreatment of young offenders

An undercover investigation by BBC Panorama into the treatment of young offenders at the Medway Secure Training Centre exposed the use of unnecessary force, foul language and a cover-up. Security firm G4S apologised for the behaviour of staff. Four team leaders were sacked and the director resigned, and, at the end of February, the company announced that it was selling its children’s services businesses including the Medway unit.

Of course if you only get your information from the Sun, Mail, National Enquirer, Fox News, RT, Breitbart and Express then you only have yourself to blame and really should get help.

Edited by London Blue

My main thing about the whole slagging of Koeman was/is that he hadnt/hasn't been given a fair chance. A lot of stuff has been said, a lot of words twisted, it's not about being right or wrong, it's about giving someone a fair amount of time to turn around a failing team and set up.

On the papers...I tend not to trust many but do find that ones like The Guardian and The Independent write better quality, more articulate, articles than politically driven red tops. I don't buy any to be honest, just read online!

I'd like the S*n offices to burn down with all their "journalists" inside personally so they couldn't report on anything and the whole organisation could be wiped off the face of the earth; Murdoch and his family in a meeting on the top floor would be a bonus.

Right on. On a parallel note, wheres the forum neo nazi liberal and it's quoting of distressing communications and such like?

Perhaps Everton will ban the rodents from the scum and convey to our players that no interviews with that rag will be acceptable, on domestic or international duty.

My main thing about the whole slagging of Koeman was/is that he hadnt/hasn't been given a fair chance. A lot of stuff has been said, a lot of words twisted, it's not about being right or wrong, it's about giving someone a fair amount of time to turn around a failing team and set up.

On the papers...I tend not to trust many but do find that ones like The Guardian and The Independent write better quality, more articulate, articles than politically driven red tops. I don't buy any to be honest, just read online!

A lot of the animosity starts and finishes with clown-shoes, that so many fans/supporters were so happy with the contemptible fraud and in some cases have him still pretending to manage us divided the support to such an extent that matches were toxic before z-cars came on. Coco used his 9 lives up with us and I hope he gets sorely found out again with Belgium.

As far as Koeman goes, he's performed a wonder so far in turning the club around from the state it was left to him in, players actually looking like they want to play, forward minded football, and an ability to defend something like conceding matters a lot. With the changes made so far and the players mooted as targets I honestly can't second guess this summer.

Right on. On a parallel note, wheres the forum neo nazi liberal and it's quoting of distressing communications and such like?

Perhaps Everton will ban the rodents from the scum and convey to our players that no interviews with that rag will be acceptable, on domestic or international duty.

I think your referring to me, although being a halfwit you are half right in that I am a liberal but I am no Nazi.

You may want to look at my previous post on this topic at the bottom of the previous page (62)

Edited by London Blue

Dude, you're a dick.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/02/13/blues-depart-for-training-camp

Headed to Dubai for training, I hope they enjoy it and are able to work out the defensive kinks.

Seen the hotel they are staying in? wouldn't mind staying there for a few nights!

http://www.thetopbalcony.com/inside-evertons-2000-a-night-meydan-hotel-in-dubai/964