Zoo

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

23 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Bloody nora.... spurs last ditch winner. 

Villa have gifted Spurs that game, only good thing to come out of that is there is nothing there to be scared of from Spurs. 

Just now, Palfy said:

Villa have gifted Spurs that game, only good thing to come out of that is there is nothing there to be scared of from Spurs. 

Yeah poor I thought... grealish is a good player.

Just now, Hafnia said:

Yeah poor I thought... grealish is a good player.

He’s excellent can play left right in the middle, he’s got to worth 60mil plus, he loves Villa but if they go down he’ll be off to us hopefully😄

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He’s excellent can play left right in the middle, he’s got to worth 60mil plus, he loves Villa but if they go down he’ll be off to us hopefully😄

Rumours are man United.  See if they can get him shorts to fit him 

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Everton ending relationship with Sportspesa at the end of the season!!!!

Is this making room for new sponsorship from a certain Usmanov? It’s good to happen isn’t it. 

Where did you hear that?

Would be very good if true, would set a record for sponsorship I bet if it goes ahead.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope City destroy UEFA over this tbh. They've bigged on a big boy in City, they've got bottomless pockets and they'll fight them all the way on this.

Think it'll be overturned, only thing will be the timing, if United finish 5th it won't be overturned in time I'd bet, but if it's us...

24 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Where did you hear that?

Would be very good if true, would set a record for sponsorship I bet if it goes ahead.

The Usmanov part is just me guessing to be fair.  But surely something has already been set up. 

Shirt deal... £20m per squad number.... with a £5m per squad number deal for first refusal on the deal..... seperate one for training kits, away kits......oooh yeah just let's get a that Russian money in. 

56 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Huawei. They'll be tracking every shirt with a secret hidden gps locator haha

Pity we didn't have that when McGeady was playing for us, that fucker went missing during matches more often than Borris Johnson at a TV interview.

Tin foil hats at the ready but this could be another Manchester City sponsorship model in the sense that (if rumours are to be believed) they announce a £100 million shirt sponsorship deal with the sponsor actually paying around £2,000,000 with the other £98,000,000 being "gifted" to the sponsor through family friends of the owners to be pumped back into the club, it's a way of funding the club without it being seen by FFP as it's part of the club's genuine income stream - Manchester City and PSG are the known two that do it although I'm sure there will be more.

Odd time for me to say this I know with the recent City/FFP story breaking but you never know, I wouldn't be surprised to see USM/Megafon announced in a record breaking deal that's funded by Usmanov, Moshiri and whoever else already at the club recycling cash. 

I'm happy about the news too, I wasn't that bothered about SportPesa in truth but given the option I'd steer clear of gambling companies, I'm part of the lucky group that can gamble and walk away as and when whoever there's the unfortunate percentage of folk that let it take a hold of their life. It won't happen, but I'd love it if there was a rule where the chest sponsor could be whoever each club wanted but the sleeve has to be a registered charity (i.e. - EITC, a hospice, mental health awareness) would allow 20 charities to get exposure each weekend without paying a penny. 

8 hours ago, Cisk said:

Angry birds was always a weird one - thoughts of attracting young fans? Doesn't quite work for football I don't think

Think of the amount of people who go the game with a phone in their pocket (pretty much 100%). If even 10% install the app after seeing the adverts they're making some nice money - especially when said people get hooked and tell their mates. 

45 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We have had very odd sponsors.... 

Hafnia

NEC

Danka

One 2 one

Kejian 

Chang Beer

Sportpesa 

We need to get a sponsor that is acceptable to go on the shirts of kids, my grandchildren that wear the shirt don’t like it when it’s not exactly like the players shirt, and I can understand why. 

6 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Tin foil hats at the ready but this could be another Manchester City sponsorship model in the sense that (if rumours are to be believed) they announce a £100 million shirt sponsorship deal with the sponsor actually paying around £2,000,000 with the other £98,000,000 being "gifted" to the sponsor through family friends of the owners to be pumped back into the club, it's a way of funding the club without it being seen by FFP as it's part of the club's genuine income stream - Manchester City and PSG are the known two that do it although I'm sure there will be more.

Odd time for me to say this I know with the recent City/FFP story breaking but you never know, I wouldn't be surprised to see USM/Megafon announced in a record breaking deal that's funded by Usmanov, Moshiri and whoever else already at the club recycling cash. 

I'm happy about the news too, I wasn't that bothered about SportPesa in truth but given the option I'd steer clear of gambling companies, I'm part of the lucky group that can gamble and walk away as and when whoever there's the unfortunate percentage of folk that let it take a hold of their life. It won't happen, but I'd love it if there was a rule where the chest sponsor could be whoever each club wanted but the sleeve has to be a registered charity (i.e. - EITC, a hospice, mental health awareness) would allow 20 charities to get exposure each weekend without paying a penny. 

Think of the amount of people who go the game with a phone in their pocket (pretty much 100%). If even 10% install the app after seeing the adverts they're making some nice money - especially when said people get hooked and tell their mates. 

When I heard the news I immediately thought about this too. 

Hopefully it gets overturned as if it doesn't it will only hamper us in the long term.

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

When I heard the news I immediately thought about this too. 

Hopefully it gets overturned as if it doesn't it will only hamper us in the long term.

FFP ensures long term stability of all clubs but means that there will never be a competitive league as the divide will only get larger. The big clubs get bigger as their revenue increases due to more exposure, success and growing a fan base. This is the single point that I want City to beat this otherwise it destroys the dreams of all lower clubs that one day that could be their club. (It also helps that we for the first time in my adult lifetime that we are financially competitive) 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

FFP ensures long term stability of all clubs but means that there will never be a competitive league as the divide will only get larger. The big clubs get bigger as their revenue increases due to more exposure, success and growing a fan base. This is the single point that I want City to beat this otherwise it destroys the dreams of all lower clubs that one day that could be their club. (It also helps that we for the first time in my adult lifetime that we are financially competitive) 

City will be fighting to get FFP abolished as much as getting the ban overturned. I hope they succeed because, as you said, FFP was designed to make a closed shop for the established elite but was dressed up as protecting clubs from massive debts. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

City will be fighting to get FFP abolished as much as getting the ban overturned. I hope they succeed because, as you said, FFP was designed to make a closed shop for the established elite but was dressed up as protecting clubs from massive debts. 

I agree with you both. City at least sound confident.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The top 4 need to fuck off and make their European Super League League that they are constantly threatening to do. Expel them from the Premier League and all domestic competitions and let them do their own thing.

A 16 team division would benefit us all with higher quality matches as teams are more evenly balanced and competitive. Cup games could be over 2 legs again with no worry of fixture congestion. The domestic game is what validates all other competition. The big clubs know this and if they want to come back they must do so at the very bottom tier of the game 

Gary Neville spoke about this brilliantly. Basically said FFP is a load of bollocks. Designed to protect the club's like United and Liverpool who sell shirts......  Neville said city will win. 

It may end up with FFP changing...... 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Gary Neville spoke about this brilliantly. Basically said FFP is a load of bollocks. Designed to protect the club's like United and Liverpool who sell shirts......  Neville said city will win. 

It may end up with FFP changing...... 

He did speak well. I think he read my post before the match! 😂

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Got a good brain on him that lad, would be a successful business man 

He is, has bought a football club and he is awaiting planning permission to erect some multi story buildings in Manchester city centre. ☺

1 hour ago, Bill said:

He is, has bought a football club and he is awaiting planning permission to erect some multi story buildings in Manchester city centre. ☺

And his restaurants and hotels. He’s doing pretty well. 
Oh, and the Academy 92 college. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

And his restaurants and hotels. He’s doing pretty well. 
Oh, and the Academy 92 college. 

Yeah, after i posted I'm wasn't sure if Haf was being sarcastic.  😆

5 hours ago, Bill said:

I work in Manchester... can't believe how much they are still growing it.  Liverpool is a better city centre  in my book.... more atmosphere and warmth.

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I work in Manchester... can't believe how much they are still growing it.  Liverpool is a better city centre  in my book.... more atmosphere and warmth.

Was up there for a gig at The Bridgewater Hall last year, amazing amount of high risers going up; actually made me feel quite ill just walking around and looking up. Horrible.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Was up there for a gig at The Bridgewater Hall last year, amazing amount of high risers going up; actually made me feel quite ill just walking around and looking up. Horrible.

Yep.... as the train arrives in Manchester Victoria I look around the skyline and it's awful.

The amount of homeless people spiced off their faces is astonishing.  There something in the air that I can't get my head around.  The other day I went out for my lunch and couldn't get into Morrison's as it was cordoned off.... someone had been stabbed several times. 

On 12/02/2020 at 20:55, Wiggytop said:

I was just about to post a link to Speedos donation site! , we always drop some money in his bucket at Goodison, to go to a game in her shreddies is one thing, to walk 1000 miles in December through Feb is something else. The guy is a shining example of how to turn your life around and then help others. He always has time for everyone at the ground, if he is talking to someone and you drop some money in his bucket, he always makes sure he catches up with you to say thank you.

So for anyone who isn’t aware of him here’s the link to donate to his fantastic effort.TIA.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/speedomick-1000-ml-charity?d=6aq9C13IdZLqIdmFobn5t86bPDvoh6BrJQQpzoC2VHo%3D

Finishing tomorrow and has cracked his target yet again, on £261,232 currently.

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Finishing tomorrow and has cracked his target yet again, on £261,232 currently.

We’re away this  week but I’ve been able to keep up via his Facebook page. Fantastic achievement, I’m looking forward to shaking his hand again at Goodison and dropping a few quid more in his bucket.

24 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

We’re away this  week but I’ve been able to keep up via his Facebook page. Fantastic achievement, I’m looking forward to shaking his hand again at Goodison and dropping a few quid more in his bucket.

I'm only about 130 miles from Land's End and would love to drive down tomorrow to see him complete, but sadly circumstances don't allow. Some people just restore your faith in human nature in these troubled times; not ashamed to say I was welling up when he came into view in a lay-by on the north Devon link road last week, all I could do was clap my hands. Astonishing thing to have done even putting the Evertonian connection aside.

On 23/02/2020 at 09:45, Romey 1878 said:

I hope he's offered some sort of royal award because of this (whether he'd accept it is another story, and lets not go into that please). This type of thing is what those awards should be about.

On the beeb again this morning, about 1.50.18 into this..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000fs2b/breakfast-25022020

I think we all agree money is the biggest contribution to success, how are we ever going to challenge the shite when they post a 533 million turn over with profits of 42 million, against our dismal accounts. 
We can bring in owners with more money but FFP rules don’t allow them to spend what they want, this year alone we are over 150 million plus in revenue behind them.

Personally I can’t see us bridging that gap for some decades, because of the rules set by the governing bodies which weren’t in position when Utd, City and the shite were building up there head of steam. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

I think we all agree money is the biggest contribution to success, how are we ever going to challenge the shite when they post a 533 million turn over with profits of 42 million, against our dismal accounts. 
We can bring in owners with more money but FFP rules don’t allow them to spend what they want, this year alone we are over 150 million plus in revenue behind them.

Personally I can’t see us bridging that gap for some decades, because of the rules set by the governing bodies which weren’t in position when Utd, City and the shite were building up there head of steam. 

Some years, not decades, especially as the transfer costs continue to rise