Jump to content

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fucking love being an Evertonian you know.   I know there's a lot I moan about but I wouldn't swap being a blue for anything. I genuinely believe we have an amazing a special set of fans for the

Just had this email promising refunds if season gets called off or has to be played behind closed doors Dear Ste, I wanted to get in touch with you again as we prepare for a very different Easte

For me this season has delivered exactly what it promised.  A season of transition whereby we’d have a rough patch or two and also get some brilliant results. Our football would improve but there

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Btay said:

I just thought I’d drop a message out given the current circumstances of what we are all going through right now. 
 

During this time of isolation if there’s anyone who during this period of isolation feels they are struggling, alone or just feel that need a chat, drop a pm at any time and we can organise something.

Lots of love to everyone 💙💙

Lovely idea, I’ll be happy to do the same, we all deal with things differently,

I found out yesterday from one of my wife’s friends that her husband who I go out for a drink with occasionally and comes over as being a positive guy, is really struggling to deal with Covid, she said he wakes up each day thinking all his family are going to die from it. It’s important to not assume how someone is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Lovely idea, I’ll be happy to do the same, we all deal with things differently,

I found out yesterday from one of my wife’s friends that her husband who I go out for a drink with occasionally and comes over as being a positive guy, is really struggling to deal with Covid, she said he wakes up each day thinking all his family are going to die from it. It’s important to not assume how someone is.

Exactly right! Mental health creeps in a bit more during quite times and you just never know what’s going on behind closed doors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/04/2020 at 20:05, Romey 1878 said:

I’m so glad I was chosen. They really are a horrible club - we may never have their trophies but at least we’ll never have their shame.

The few fans of other clubs that wouldn't have minded them having the league given to them if the season can’t conclude will be changing their minds pretty quickly I reckon. 

Backtracked (PR purposes doubtless).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52191140

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Anyone see Everton/Wimbledon 1994 was on Match of Their Day last night as Ian Wright's pick of his favourite games that he didn't play in? It's on the iPlayer, starting about 38:40 in..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000hk60/match-of-their-day-series-1-episode-3

I did mate, I never get fed up watching that game, the thing I enjoy the most is how much it meant to the fans, the reactions were priceless.

Also it was nice to hear Wrighty speak about us the way he did, although he looked forward to playing us because he normally scored, he also has great respect for us as a club, clever bloke that Wrighty. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2020/05/01/singing-in-the-rain-with-10000-evertonians-the-personal-story-of-an-fa-cup-away-day-at-notts-county-in-1984/

 

One for the older blues amongst us ( obviously me included, I was one of the scallies in a green & white Benetton rugby top getting piss wet through !) 

Cracking story that and very well written, love it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Still one of my favourite always  to this day

Love the reference to being able to walk up to the ground as an away supporter and just buy a ticket at the turnstile, living in London that was how I saw games more often than not, I very rarely got to Goodison. The mention of the Coventry game though, that was probably the lowest of low points; 13,000 attendance? Unthinkable now, that aside at least nobody had a restricted view.:unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Love the reference to being able to walk up to the ground as an away supporter and just buy a ticket at the turnstile, living in London that was how I saw games more often than not, I very rarely got to Goodison. The mention of the Coventry game though, that was probably the lowest of low points; 13,000 attendance? Unthinkable now, that aside at least nobody had a restricted view.:unsure:

Yeah I was there for that one and remember thinking there was no way back for Kendall

Was at this one as well and don’t think I saw any Wimbledon fans at all!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jan/26/premier-league-lowest-attendance-wimbledon-everton

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, pete0 said:

Alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals what next prostitution? 

Tbf it's only cannabis oil so not addictive and doesn't get you stoned, so just the ethical case of whether medicine should be advertised rather than simply prescribed. 

I agree with you there Pete. 

I’ve no issue with CBD really, but so many people see cannabis and think drugs. I’d rather be sponsored by something health and well-being related than gambling or alcohol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, StevO said:

I agree with you there Pete. 

I’ve no issue with CBD really, but so many people see cannabis and think drugs. I’d rather be sponsored by something health and well-being related than gambling or alcohol. 

Plus Tyson was a drug and gambling addict with a rape conviction. Hardly seems to fit the bill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Yeah I was there for that one and remember thinking there was no way back for Kendall

Was at this one as well and don’t think I saw any Wimbledon fans at all!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jan/26/premier-league-lowest-attendance-wimbledon-everton

I was always there for Wimbledon games, Plough Lane was walking distance from my flat. Remember them knocking us out of the FA Cup 3-1 in 1987, first time we'd lost in the cup outside of Wembley since 1983.:shakingfist:

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, barryj said:

I think a Cannabis leaf incorporated logo and the strap line ‘ For the higher good’ won’t be a good look. 
 

.....and then for the jokes if we do well about getting high, resigning Stones, making a hash of it or our players being out of puff. 

Could live with that, weed be breaking new ground; and our burger bars would make a fortune from fans with the munchies. Win win, absolutely sp(l)iffing if you ask me, could be a great joint enterprise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Could live with that, weed be breaking new ground; and our burger bars would make a fortune from fans with the munchies. Win win, absolutely sp(l)iffing if you ask me, could be a great joint enterprise.

We’ll definitely get John Stoned back.

 

edit: oh no, I didn’t see that Barry had already set the trap... shame on me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...