Zoo

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Just realised Norwich still in FA Cup means we won't have a game for nearly three weeks after the derby, not sure whether that's a good thing or not. Time will tell I guess. 

I went to watch Swindon yesterday with a friend who’s great grandfather played for Everton in 1896-97 position goalie, his name was Bob Menham. He played in the FA cup against Villa which we lost 3-2, then signed for Swindon were after finishing his career he went onto become a director at Swindon. 

So what to do on a sport-free Saturday afternoon? I spent a portion of it listening to a recording of Desert Island Discs with Bill Kenwright from 1998, some questionable musical choices but his blue streak shone through. For those of us of a certain age listening to Needles and Pins by The Searchers had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up and I knew all the lyrics like it was yesterday; and of course he had Z-Cars in there big time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p009436f

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

According to this we have the 18th most valuable squad of players in Europe.

And we still can’t sell the ones we don’t want, so there not valuable on usefulness just what they cost us, not something to proud of really more embarrassing that we’ve spent so much money on crap 💩 

5 hours ago, Btay said:

I just thought I’d drop a message out given the current circumstances of what we are all going through right now. 

During this time of isolation if there’s anyone who during this period of isolation feels they are struggling, alone or just feel that need a chat, drop a pm at any time and we can organise something.

Lots of love to everyone 💙💙

Lovely idea, I’ll be happy to do the same, we all deal with things differently,

I found out yesterday from one of my wife’s friends that her husband who I go out for a drink with occasionally and comes over as being a positive guy, is really struggling to deal with Covid, she said he wakes up each day thinking all his family are going to die from it. It’s important to not assume how someone is.

17 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Lovely idea, I’ll be happy to do the same, we all deal with things differently,

I found out yesterday from one of my wife’s friends that her husband who I go out for a drink with occasionally and comes over as being a positive guy, is really struggling to deal with Covid, she said he wakes up each day thinking all his family are going to die from it. It’s important to not assume how someone is.

Exactly right! Mental health creeps in a bit more during quite times and you just never know what’s going on behind closed doors.