IGNORED

10/1 - The Betting Thread (sponsored by Ladbrokes).

oddschecker is a good bet comparison site. Who you looking on?

Not any specific team to be honest mate. I was just seeing if any of the odds were worth checking out - I think it's between Stoke City and Wigan Athletic myself so I'll probably stick a tenner on either of those two.

An ideal weekend Everton (vSun), Fulham(vArse), City(vSpurs), and Lpoo(vChel) to win is 50(+)/1.

Said it elsewhere but I think Chelsea are gone so a win for them at Anfield would probably be better for us; it'd pretty much rule out Liverpool catching us, hopefully give Chelsea nothing to play for on the last day of the season (and it'd also increase the odds on that accumulator considerably!).

I'm going to do a 5 fold bet tomorrow actually, so those four are probably worth sticking on it! smile.png.

Take note of Mike saying it might be worth swapping lpoo for Chel. I'd even consider a draw in there, have just put a fiver on the best case scenario (just avoiding liability for poor tips aha). Who else you thinking will win?

Out of interest how many of you do a weekly accumlator? I'll be honest i've only ever won one bet in my life and that was a Rugby one (ironically my first rugby bet ever). Got a 19/1 first try scorer win with a £10 on. I've had two near misses. One was a 10 fold football, was 9/9 and wanted sunderland to beat the shite but suarez earned them a draw in the 70th minute. Just added to my hatred of him. would have won me £970 or so. The other one was a darts accumulator. I'm a big darts fan and did a 15 game accumulator for last year's world champs. Was 14/14 and lost it on the last game. Would have won £1,200ish. Should have covered it so was a bit naive really. Those near misses have made me worse in a way. I bet now every weekend and midweek if there's fixtures. Anyone else have some memorable wins or near misses?

Don't do accumulators and very rarely bet (two or three small ones on F1 in recent years) but the "near miss" that I regret the most was on Jenson Button to be world champ in 2009 because I didn't place it!

Pre season when Honda had closed and they didn't know what was happening for the next year he was about 250/1, but I knew they'd been very confident about the car and had given up early on 2008 to concentrate on development so I was tempted.

Then in the first pre season test when the Brawn "out of the box" was really fast, he was still at about 50/1.

Annoyed me ever since that I didn't do it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wigan Athletic are at 7/1 to beat Manchester United at Coral. Surely this has to be worth a tenner?

thems good odds, but I don't think they will win in the 90 minutes so I'd be putting on a draw.

Edit, just checked at its 16/1 for Wigan to win :blink:

Edited by Matt

Got three bets today. One that I've done, one that my girlfriend has done and one that my Dad has done:

Me: Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, QPR & Wigan to win (£59.25 returns).

Girlfriend: Liverpool, Everton, Manchester United & QPR to win - Cardiff & West Ham to draw (£211.78 returns).

Dad: Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Wigan & QPR to win (£97.29 returns).

All bet's are with a £5.00 stake.